7 Tips for Buyers

14 minutes ago, cmadushans said:

2) Don't hire at once if the description says "please contact me first before placing an order" (or anything like that)

i can't agree with this point.

well some sellers might use this lines since they might have came across with a genuine issues. some GIG services require a discussion between buyer and seller before placing the order. and this might not be a marketing trick.

yes that is what I meant, buyers have to respect that and dont buy without contacting the seller first

• Like 42
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

15 hours ago, saint_777 said:

Hello everybody here some tips for Buyers.

1) Read carefully the description of the gig you want to purchase

2) Don't hire at once if the description says "please contact me first before placing an order" (or anything like that)

3) You might be looking for something that you think is the best but remember the seller should know how to do his work, consider his suggestions too

4) Be patience, never rush or pressure the seller to deliver the project before the time stipulated

5) Respect the limits, if the sellers has their gig paused don't insist (4 buyers almost forced me to work with them even after I said I have already lot of work and can't accept more)

6) Don't ask for free revisions if the order already was marked as completed (happened to me once)

7) In middle of the order don't ask for something different that requested at first

Please explain number of two - (2) Don't hire at once if the description says "please contact me first before placing an order" (or anything like that)

• Like 33
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, designs_taskbar said:

Please explain number of two - (2) Don't hire at once if the description says "please contact me first before placing an order" (or anything like that)

Check our replies on the top you will get your answer..

• Like 32
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't hire at once if the description says "please contact me first before placing an order" (or anything like that).

This line is not be a trick for a buyers. Some seller use this line for the better explain about the project.

Edited by rakib_sarker
  • Like 38
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/11/2021 at 12:25 AM, saint_777 said:

Hello everybody here some tips for Buyers.

1) Read carefully the description of the gig you want to purchase

3) You might be looking for something that you think is the best but remember the seller should know how to do his work, consider his suggestions too

4) Be patience, never rush or pressure the seller to deliver the project before the time stipulated

5) Respect the limits, if the sellers has their gig paused don't insist (4 buyers almost forced me to work with them even after I said I have already lot of work and can't accept more)

6) Don't ask for free revisions if the order already was marked as completed (happened to me once)

7) In middle of the order don't ask for something different that requested at first

Really it will helpful for every buyer!

• Like 31
  • Haha 1
  • Up 3

On 8/10/2021 at 2:04 PM, saint_777 said:

yes that is what I meant, buyers have to respect that and dont buy without contacting the seller first

Wrongo Bongo. That's not how fiverr works. There is no reason to have to check with someone prior to buying.  It is a requirement that some people place in their gig, but they don't understand how an "on demand" marketplace works. Then they get their panties in a wad when someone orders the normal way instead of courting the seller prior to an order. This is often the sign of an inexperienced, hesitant, nervous seller. Avoid.  

• Like 37
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

On 8/11/2021 at 3:41 PM, designs_taskbar said:

Aren't you saying like a person who doesn't know english?

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rabiul2222 said:

Aren't you saying like a person who doesn't know english?

hello, no, what I mean is that the buyer must respect the seller if seller want contact before placing an order, the buyer shouldnt hire if didnt contact before the seller as requested

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2021 at 12:25 AM, saint_777 said:

I'm not agree with this. Why you say that?

Can you explain please?🙏

• Like 24
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, sunilchandro said:

I'm not agree with this. Why you say that?

Can you explain please?🙏

hello, because buyers should respect and contact the sellers first if they request this

• Like 21
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

So since I am that seller who has " PLEASE ALWAYS BE SURE TO MESSAGE ME FIRST BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER" written in my description and sample image, allow me to explain. This is just my own personal thing, I'm sure other sellers have their own reasons but here's mine and hopefully it will give you an idea.

I offer translations, but if the documents are too technical ( like medical/legal stuff ) I cannot work on them, so I need to check the contents each and every single time just to be sure I am capable of translating them.
Sometimes the documents are hand written, and I have trouble reading them because the handwriting is either messy, or the resolution is very poor.
I've also had cases where I was asked to translate this scroll written in an ancient language. Sorry, I am Japanese but I can't read something that is several hundred years old.
I've also had cases where someone placed an order, I opened the file, and it was in Chinese.
In other cases someone sent an audio file, but the sound quality was so poor I could understand only 60% of what was being said.
There are also some sneaky buyers who places an order at the very basic price knowing that it costs way more, hoping that they can get away with it.

When buyers place an order that is too technical/wrong language/bad handwriting etc,  I end up canceling the orders and it hurts my completion rate.
It's not that much of a big deal, but it still sucks.

So there you go, if a seller is clearly stating to message them first, please do so.

• Like 29
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

If a buyer can fill out the brief and provide all the information I request, I’m more than happy for them to just place an order immediately and talk to me only via revision requests and/or a review. This is how fiverr was intended to work, after all. If it’s a buyer of “I ignored your gig description in its entirety, feel free to ask any questions I’ll ignore as well!” variety, they are more than welcome to 1) never contact me prior to making a purchase and 2) avoid me altogether. We’ll be happier apart, that buyer and I. 

• Like 23
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/18/2021 at 1:18 PM, saint_777 said:

hello, no, what I mean is that the buyer must respect the seller if seller want contact before placing an order, the buyer shouldnt hire if didnt contact before the seller as requested

Wrong. The seller is wrong for expecting to be romanced first. This is an on demand marketplace. If you can't handle an order popping up, there are plenty of sellers who can. 

• Like 25
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 3