Buyer Request Gone Wrong!

vickiespencer

1512365512_ScreenShot2021-08-09at5_29_25PM.thumb.png.c78406235802c5daf878d439d2f96322.png

I hope none of the new members to the Fiverr platform that visits the Fiverr Forum applied for this Buyer Request! 😳

The buyer in this post is asking for a high number of words for very little pay. However, the part of the offer that angers me is that the buyer says they will place the order after the seller finishes the project! 😡

That is breaking Fiverr's TOS! 😱

The way Fiverr works is the buyer places the order and pays Fiverr. Then Fiverr holds the money 💰 until the work is done. After the work is done, the seller receives their payment. 🤑

Do not fall for this scam. There is no guarantee of getting paid by the buyer. If you accept this buyer's conditions, you will end up working for free! 💸

7 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Do not fall for this scam. There is no guarantee of getting paid by the buyer. If you accept this buyer's conditions, you will end up working for free! 💸

The other thing that struck me as odd in this one is the 'let me know if you're ready to work with me - feels almost like an invitation to message them (again, TOS violation) but I could be reading too much into it. 

I get it that some people can write 10k words a day (or so it seems due to how fast they finish up orders. I can't!) But for this budget...

(Something I've also noticed in BR is that they are becoming flat-out rude to people who'd quote them to actual price...

Looks like typical scam. I remember, when I just registered on Fiverr, it was 2018, I fell into similar trap, but the "buyer" was sooo friendly. As the result, one week of work for free. It was the best lesson ever. Fiverr CS told what they actually had to tell me - sorry, but we can't help you. And they was totally right.

Also, some buyers think that sellers will do everything to get an order and disrespect all the sellers. This is the best example of the worst buyer

13 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

1512365512_ScreenShot2021-08-09at5_29_25PM.thumb.png.c78406235802c5daf878d439d2f96322.png

I hope none of the new members to the Fiverr platform that visits the Fiverr Forum applied for this Buyer Request! 😳

The buyer in this post is asking for a high number of words for very little pay. However, the part of the offer that angers me is that the buyer says they will place the order after the seller finishes the project! 😡

That is breaking Fiverr's TOS! 😱

The way Fiverr works is the buyer places the order and pays Fiverr. Then Fiverr holds the money 💰 until the work is done. After the work is done, the seller receives their payment. 🤑

🔦Agreed!

Archived