Did any of you face any side effects from the Covid-19 vaccine?

6 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I think you need to re-read. I have never said 1 word as to whether anyone should get vaccinated or should not. I have only said that the amateurs need to stop spreading their interpretations of medical data and certainly need to stop advising others to take treatments.

As a German I would think that you might be a bit sensitive to matters of coercion, forced medical treatments and disinformation, because , well you know.  

you should re-re-read, because I never said that you said whether anyone should get vaccinated or not. I just said that you are "trying to lecture everybody about whats right and whats wrong and how to think and how to make statements".

6 minutes ago, newsmike said:

As a German I would think that you might be a bit sensitive to matters of coercion, forced medical treatments and disinformation, because , well you know.  

whats that supposed to mean?

Edited by finndev478
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Just now, finndev478 said:

whats that supposed to mean?

You cannot be serious when you ask that.

If you are unaware of your own history to that extent, or, as is more likely, in that much in denial about it, I suggest that it would be a waste of time to engage you further. I thought you were somewhat serious. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Just now, newsmike said:

You cannot be serious when you ask that.

If you are unaware of your own history to that extent, or, as is more likely, in that much in denial about it, I suggest that it would be a waste of time to engage you further. I thought you were somewhat serious. 

You just made a extremly vague statement and I wanted you to elaborate. History is one of my favourite topics to learn about and I am very aware of the german history.

But you just made a weird assumption that you need to either elaborate and clarify, or drop.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, finndev478 said:

You just made a extremly vague statement and I wanted you to elaborate. History is one of my favourite topics to learn about and I am very aware of the german history.

But you just made a weird assumption that you need to either elaborate and clarify, or drop.

Actually, I don't need to do either. What is it with you guys and orders?  "Take the shot"..."clarify or drop".

Look it's been fun, you seem like a nice kid, but please stop trying to tell others what they should do as far as medical treatments. You know you are just parroting. I believe my advice of weighing all info, and deciding with a doctor is best. But, if you can answer my question as to the long term side effects, I'll listen.  Not one of you amateur doctors have tried answering that.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Actually, I don't need to do either. What is it with you guys and orders?  "Take the shot"..."clarify or drop".

Look it's been fun, you seem like a nice kid, but please stop trying to tell others what they should do as far as medical treatments. You know you are just parroting. I believe my advice of weighing all info, and deciding with a doctor is best. But, if you can answer my question as to the long term side effects, I'll listen.  Not one of you amateur doctors have tried answering that.

Yeah, I dont think this is fun actually. ^^ You tried to derail this into a weird comparision about n**i germany.

Do you even read what you write? 🤨

And no, I am not parroting anything. You are the one who is trying to squeeze something out of this discussion by telling everyone how amateur their statements are. Even though the statements have been linked to reliable sources.

And you ask again for a statement about long term effects, even though I already answered you that one. When the research institutes cant answer that question, nobody here in the forum can. You are just trying to prove your point of us being "amateur doctors", even though we backed up our advice based on statements from reliable research institutes.

You are making a fool of yourself. Calling people names. Accusing them of the weirdest things. (n**i comparision, because I am ... German? thats some top notch discussion skills, Mikey)

I think you should stick to the helpful posts in the forum and stop trying to derail this thread without backing any of your statements up with information.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Also, you made several assumption about me. If you dont care to clarify them and stand by them or drop them, then what are you doing, just being stubborn? And you are calling me a kid. 🤨

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, newsmike said:

If you are so tragically unaware that there are doctors on both sides of this issue. I think you can find the fool in the mirror.  

why do you assume that I am unaware of that?  When did I say anything implying that?

I never said that there are no doctors and researchers who would warn about vaccination. All I said was that the most reliable research institute in germany is approving it. (if you remember, all you said to that was that I should know better because of Germany's history...)

This is ridiculous Mike.

Edited by finndev478
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, finndev478 said:

why do you assume that I am unaware of that?  When did I say anything implying that?

I never said that there are no doctors and researchers who would warn about vaccination. All I said was that the most reliable research institute in germany is approving it. (if you remember, all you said to that was that I should know better because of Germany history...)

This is ridiculous Mike.

So to completely understand your expert medical opinion...

1. You admit that you are aware that even trained doctors cannot agree on this issue.

2. You feel qualified to identify one group of those doctors to dismiss, and another to completely rely on, based on your training in the subject.

3. You then offer advice that agrees with your "selective" information on the subject.

Remember your original comment was to tell people to get vaccinated. "its the right thing for most individuals to get vaccinated." 

You remain unqualified to make that statement. Period. 

I'm glad to see that you don't let 2 sides of an issue cloud your judgement.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

So to completely understand your expert medical opinion...

1. You admit that you are aware that even trained doctors cannot agree on this issue.

2. You feel qualified to identify one group of those doctors to dismiss, and another to completely rely on, based on your training in the subject.

3. You then offer advice that agrees with your "selective" information on the subject.

I'm glad to see that you don't let 2 sides of an issue cloud your judgement.

I never said I have an expert medical opinion, please try to keep this respectful and less childish / sarcastic.

I said that I trust the Robert-Koch-Institut and many other research institutes for approving it. Ofcourse there is criticism, and no without longterm studies those will not be diminished, because there is simply no way to disprove them. I didnt "dimiss" anybody like you just assumed again. And its fine to take criticism seriously and also note that there is a risk with vaccination.

Its also not really "selective" information, because literally EVERY country in the world vaccinates. Its the COMMON POSITION of MOST researchers and doctors in the world.

So yes, I advice everyone to get vaccinated, when their health allows it. Not everybody should get vaccined, but thats a different story and is up to a doctor to decide. And atleast for germany, there will be doctors doing tests before you get vaccinated, so yes its safe to advice vaccination and cannot be viewed as "amateur medical advice" as you call it. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, newsmike said:

You are a child. Go play.   And BTW, its is "I advise", not I advice"

I advice it, because its adviced by the RKI and many research insitutes. its not MY advise, its the advice by medical experts and I simply stated it.

Thanks for your spelling advise btw.

Also do you know how quoting works?

You just quoted half of my sentence, without my explanation of who this advicse applies to.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, finndev478 said:

I advice it, because its adviced by the RKI and many research insitutes. its not MY advise, its the advice by medical experts and I simply stated it.

I'm not taking sides on your main discussion here but it really is "advise" when you use it as a verb. Advice is a noun.

"Mr. Y advises it, it is his advice after all. Others say it is not advised"

• Like 10
  • Up 2

15 minutes ago, finndev478 said:

Also do you know how quoting works?

You just quoted half of my sentence, without my explanation of who this advicse applies to.

Hey Alexa, what's the definition of contradictory bullshit?

image.png.d0dcb57163afbc59f3902ff38ef5d9be.png

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Given that the overwhelming majority of people have already been vaccinated, I think this is a pretty much done deal anyway. 90% of my countries population have been vaccinated, and there's no problems. May there be problems in 10 years? Who knows. We can't know that about 5G either, and that's not stopping us from advancing with it (as we should). 

The overwhelming medical opinion is that the vaccines are safe. You can always find dissenting opinions. Of course there will be doctors claiming it's not safe or we don't know. But they are a minority. Since I don't have medical expertise, I'll defer to the medical consensus. It is that the vaccines are safe and effective.

And calling people sheep, children, using reductio ad hitlerum, etc. are not arguments that can be seriously taken in good faith. Way too much unwarranted hostility.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 9

37 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Given that the overwhelming majority of people have already been vaccinated, I think this is a pretty much done deal anyway. 90% of my countries population have been vaccinated, and there's no problems. May there be problems in 10 years? Who knows. We can't know that about 5G either, and that's not stopping us from advancing with it (as we should). 

The overwhelming medical opinion is that the vaccines are safe. You can always find dissenting opinions. Of course there will be doctors claiming it's not safe or we don't know. But they are a minority. Since I don't have medical expertise, I'll defer to the medical consensus. It is that the vaccines are safe and effective.

And calling people sheep, children, using reductio ad hitlerum, etc. are not arguments that can be seriously taken in good faith. Way too much unwarranted hostility.

Again, I am for any decision anyone chooses to make, but people are still making broad statements which are untrue, intended to nudge a decision in one direction. 

You state "90% of my countries population have been vaccinated, and there's no problems."

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/2021-06-07/6700-suspected-adverse-reactions-to-vaccines/60274

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Not a reputable news source. In either case, from the first line "but the cause-effect relationship has not been confirmed, according to the Infarmed."

So yeah. Means nothing. We had over 8 million people vaccinated. Everyone I know has been vaccinated, no problems. If there are problems, they are extremely rare, specially in comparison to the problems you can get by catching covid while unvaccinated. This is a math problem. If 10 people die of the vaccine, but 1000 would die for not having it, the right action is to take it. Statistically. Some people have been killed for wearing seatbelts. Does that mean we shouldn't use them? No, because far more are saved by using them. There's no way around it.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

Not a reputable news source. In either case, from the first line "but the cause-effect relationship has not been confirmed, according to the Infarmed."

So yeah. Means nothing. We had over 8 million people vaccinated. Everyone I know has been vaccinated, no problems. If there are problems, they are extremely rare, specially in comparison to the problems you can get by catching covid while unvaccinated. This is a math problem. If 10 people die of the vaccine, but 1000 would die for not having it, the right action is to take it. Statistically. Some people have been killed for wearing seatbelts. Does that mean we shouldn't use them? No, because far more are saved by using them. There's no way around it.

I don't disagree, except for the "no problems" claim.  

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Ok, let me rephrase - minimal problems, and certainly much fewer problems than the covid problems we would have (and did have) with an unvaccinated population.

No medicine is 100% safe, some people have allergies, pre-conditions, etc. That doesn't matter. As a general rule, any single individual should take it, unless specifically advised against by their doctor. In broad terms, people should take the vaccine and that's it. We are talking about general trends here, not the individual.

Also, still on your link:

"

In a total of 5,790,080 doses administered, Infarmed registered 44 reports of cases of death in the elderly with other comorbidities and in which the causal relationship with the administered vaccine has not been demonstrated.

"The cases of death occurred in age of 81 years and do not necessarily presuppose the existence of a causal relationship with the administered vaccine, as they may also result from the normal patterns of morbidity and mortality of the Portuguese population", said the National Medicines Authority."

Almost 6 million doses, 44 deaths on elderly people with other diseases. This, for me, is "no problems". It's statistically insignificant. May as well be zero.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 7

Neither are you to make any statement regarding medical decisions, yet here we are. Yawn.

Also, that's not my statement, it's an official medical statement by the competent authorities.

Also, in your link,

"

In a total of 5,790,080 doses administered, Infarmed registered 44 reports of cases of death in the elderly with other comorbidities and in which the causal relationship with the administered vaccine has not been demonstrated.

"The cases of death occurred in age of 81 years and do not necessarily presuppose the existence of a causal relationship with the administered vaccine, as they may also result from the normal patterns of morbidity and mortality of the Portuguese population", said the National Medicines Authority."

Trash journalism for the clickbait title. The body of text contradicts the lead. Only 44 deaths in almost 6 million doses, and all of them restricted to elderly people with other diseases has zero statistical significance.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Hey Alexa, what's the definition of contradictory bullshit?

image.png.d0dcb57163afbc59f3902ff38ef5d9be.png

lol Mike, you are just making a fool of yourself. You cant say I contradict myself, when you quote HALF of my sentence. 😄 Thats not how it works.

To requote correctly:
I. "I advice everyone to get vaccinated, when their health allows it. Not everybody should get vaccined, but thats a different story and is up to a doctor to decide."
II. "I never said I have an expert medical opinion"

I. and II. are not contradictary. In I. advise to be vaccined based on the recommendations of most recognized research institutes and explicitly refrain from taking this advice as medical advice, because the decision should Quote: "up to a doctor to decide". This is exactly equal to statement II. and therefore not contradictory.

Edited by finndev478
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, finndev478 said:

lol Mike, you are just making a fool of yourself. You cant say I contradict myself, when you quote HALF of my sentence. 😄 Thats not how it works.

To requote correctly:
I. "I advice everyone to get vaccinated, when their health allows it. Not everybody should get vaccined, but thats a different story and is up to a doctor to decide."
II. "I never said I have an expert medical opinion"

I. and II. are not contradictary. In I. advise to be vaccined based on the recommendations of most recognized research institutes and explicitly refrain from taking this advice as medical advice, because the decision should Quote: "up to a doctor to decide". This is exactly equal to statement II. and therefore not contradictory.

Noted, go play. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1