Did any of you face any side effects from the Covid-19 vaccine?

So the thing is, I have yet to get vaccinated, but I hear rumors that side effects of Covid-19 vaccine is a real thing. Which is why, I would love to know some first hand experience from the vaccinated people themselves.

Edited by ranjan_deb
  • Like 33
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ranjan_deb said:

Ah yes! Thank you, that was a typing mistake.

Hehe, well so far from my experience. I got the Pfizer vaccine. Slight fever and heavy arm.... It went away after a few days! Get vaccinated when its available to you 🙂

• Like 25
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, ranjan_deb said:

So the thing is, I have yet to get vaccinated, but I hear rumors that side effects of Covid-19 vaccine is a real thing. Which is why, I would love to know some first hand experience from the vaccinated people themselves.

It will be several years before the long term effects such as cancer rates, infertility rates and birth defects are known. Also, remember some people did not survive the shot, so they cannot respond. Glad you are researching.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 24
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ranjan_deb said:

I would love to know some first hand experience from the vaccinated people themselves.

Got AstraZeneca, mild fever after the first dose (went after a few hours), strong headache (went after a few hours and a walk, no meds were needed), chills for a couple of hours, weakness for a few days... After the second dose, symptoms were mild.

In other words, yes, side effects are a real thing, but not even close to COVID-19 (especially if someone you love could die from it), so I'm glad I got vaccinated, and I'd do it again if needed.

Plus it's the socially responsible thing to do.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ranjan_deb said:

Well, the spread of medical myths and misinformation isn't the new phenomenon. However, the side effects are real thing but is has not shown for everyone. There might be Feverish and body pains (common and not for all) which may be for 24 Hrs. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, catwriter said:

Plus it's the socially responsible thing to do.

I think we have to be careful about one group of people deciding what is "responsible" for others. Especially when people with no medical credentials feel comfortable telling others to take a still unapproved jab. Not everyone can take it, just look at the people who have buried loved ones who died after massive blood clots and other negative reactions. Not everything should be made political. This is not like driving a Prius and feling somehow entitled to pass judgement on the decisions of others. I won't tell anyone to take it or not to take it. That is between you and your doctor. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 18
  • Up 6

I took astrazenica with no side effects.  #3 child has had first pfizer jab - had a sore arm for the rest of the day. 

Currently, 95% covid hospitalisations are unvaccinated adults.  98% of covid deaths are unvaccinated adults.

We're in a pandemic - vaccination is the responsible thing to do.  Covid doesn't care what your politics are.

I still wear a mask when out and about.

• Like 23
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, sunjied_nahid said:

It will be several years before the long term effects such as cancer rates, infertility rates and birth defects are known. Also, remember some people did not survive the shot, so they cannot respond. Glad you are researching.

Edited 3 hours ago by newsmike

Another copied post. @sunjied_nahidPlease stop spamming the forum.

• Like 23
  • Up 3

Lol!  I'm a citizen of the UK, we've had over 200k deaths.  Hospitalisations and deaths have plummeted since the vaccination roll out began.  And of course, I read and trust the science. 

It's the responsible thing to do.  To protect yourself, the people you care about and everyone else.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Every medical treatment can have adverse effects, unfortunately. Even something simple like eating more Fiverr, sorry, fibre, can make some people feel unwell for a while.

Have the government and health services in your country put together information to help people learn more about vaccination? If so, you might find that helpful. 

Edited by ahmwritingco
  • Like 23
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a girl in my high school drop unconscious right in front of me after getting a shot of some vaccine (don’t remember which one it was). It was decades ago but the image has stuck with me. So I’m not the bravest person when it comes to vaccines but I got the first shot and it was fine. They say the second shot can be more... eventful in terms of side effects. We’ll have to see about that.

My parents, aunts and uncles are all 60+, some of them are cancer survivors. They all went through pretty severe covid symptoms with hospitalisations and oxygen involved. They all got vaccinated as soon as it became available. No side effects. Although, I suspect that comparing to being hospitalised, some mild fever wouldn’t be a big enough deal to mention. They claim to be doing great, though. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Aye my friends. The topic on vaxxx is a complicated one. Be well informed on your choices, there are always risks to everything. It all boils down to if you do agree if the benefits outweigh the risks. Your consent is always important. The jab will not be forced upon you unless you live in a dictatorship which likely none of us are. Then again, I have heard of companies impose that their employees get it. Freelancers where are you at 🧐

I do believe in having good health among all things. The vaccine cannot save you from your poor health practices (unhealthy eating, lack of exercise). 

One thing is for sure........ Big pharma is waving, has been waving and will continue to wave ($_$)

• Like 19
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, coerdelion said:

It's the responsible thing to do.

Yet, again, this makes you a doctor? Please do not offer medical advice. You may get someone killed by playing a doctor. This is not a joke. Let medical professionals give medical advice. @mjensen415 This is not acceptable to allow amateurs to dispense medical advice. Fiverr needs to shut the amatuer doctors down immediately.

• Like 16
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, ahmwritingco said:

eating more Fiverr, sorry, fibre, can make some people feel unwell for a while.

This is not a joke, and you should not make silly comparisons, since no one has ever died from excess fiber. How about all you amateur doctors knock it off? 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Big pharma is waving, has been waving and will continue to wave ($_$)

Yes buy stock in big pharma and don't take medical advice from the fiverr forum. We still haven't killed the "stay online always" rumors, so there's that.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2