Have you upgraded to the M1 yet? I just upgraded to the new iMac M1 and should have compared the specs but realized my Izotope RX 8 Standard plugins are not compatible! UGHHHHH!

We found some code to write in to help it along but it doesn't function right. The Izotope plugins need to run on an Intel not a Chip! Izotope CS says it will be a few months and they totally know the issue! 

My DAW is Adobe Audition,  Universal Audio Apollo Solo, the Izotope RX 8 Standard plugins and can't figure out the Manley Voxbox yet if anyone knows!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 7:49 PM, melissaharlowvo said:

Have you upgraded to the M1 yet? I just upgraded to the new iMac M1 and should have compared the specs but realized my Izotope RX 8 Standard plugins are not compatible! UGHHHHH!

We found some code to write in to help it along but it doesn't function right. The Izotope plugins need to run on an Intel not a Chip! Izotope CS says it will be a few months and they totally know the issue! 

My DAW is Adobe Audition,  Universal Audio Apollo Solo, the Izotope RX 8 Standard plugins and can't figure out the Manley Voxbox yet if anyone knows!! 

I have been having trouble with my recordings. I have distortion in my voice when I try to record. I have an iMac, could this be what is causing it? I also have the Rx8 plugin from Izotope.

If you're on a Mac, you should be using Logic. Works perfectly on M1.

Some audio plug-ins and VST's will not work though. Audio software is extremely obsolete in general, a lot of plug-ins still running in 32 bit (lmao, what is this, 1995?). They need to get their act together.

On 8/8/2021 at 7:49 PM, melissaharlowvo said:

I am using Reaper and sometimes Adobe Audition on a M1 Mac Mini I bought back at Christmas time. I also use an Apollo Solo (well, it's the Arrow, but it's the same thing with a different name and paint job), I use RX Elements instead of standard currently. I have to say I did have some problems installing RX when I first got the M1. I had to update my version of RX6 Elements to RX8. Once it was installed, I haven't had any problems really with RX. I will say that my M1 every once in a while gets a little glitchy and I usually just restart I think it's because everything I use is not deemed, "compatible" but everything does work for me 99% of the time. I find that shutting off my Mac Mini when I'm not working helps cut down on the hiccups. I love my Mac M1 and eventually the software companies will catch up to the tech and when they do, it's gonna be even better. The silicon M1 technology is so fast and efficient, I don't think it's going anywhere and can only improve from here. Just sharing my experience. I'm sorry you are having trouble.

On 8/26/2021 at 6:47 AM, kendal1747 said:

I have been having trouble with my recordings. I have distortion in my voice when I try to record. I have an iMac, could this be what is causing it? I also have the Rx8 plugin from 

On 8/26/2021 at 6:47 AM, kendal1747 said:

I have been having trouble with my recordings. I have distortion in my voice when I try to record. I have an iMac, could this be what is causing it? I also have the Rx8 plugin from Izotope.

I don’t think distortion is part of the problem. I think a sound engineer can diagnose that in a heartbeat. Alex DeWees (Bill DeWees’ son) is a really kind person and extremely reasonable. That’s my suggestion for now. Feel free to send me a take and maybe I know what it is.

On 8/26/2021 at 6:58 AM, visualstudios said:

If you're on a Mac, you should be using Logic. Works perfectly on M1.

Some audio plug-ins and VST's will not work though. Audio software is extremely obsolete in general, a lot of plug-ins still running in 32 bit (lmao, what is this, 1995?). They need to get their act together.

The work arounds I discovered are working ok. IZotope CS admitted they haven’t caught up. My bad for not reading the spec requirements when upgrading. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived