Hey, I'm a Buyer as well, maybe a Top Buyer? probably...

manuelmarino

On 8/8/2021 at 9:26 PM, manuelmarino said:

Yes, probably I'm a Top Buyer, not just a Seller. So why not telling you a couple of tips? exactly one important tip which I consider fundamental:

- relationship

Means when you deal with a seller, not just demand this or that. Try to create a relationship. I know it's difficult with chat and so far away, but it's important. The seller relaxes and can deliver a quality product. At the same time, you can be part of his creativity with your ideas. At the end the product will be also something yours, not just a bought product.

We feel, Buyer like a boss, then we feel Fear. That's why we can't build a good relationship with the Buyer. If we closely can do  conversion for work, I hope buyer can get good work and seller would be happy.

• Like 82
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 7

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting convo, and some comments up there 👆😀

the communication between the buyer & sellers means a lot, mostly according to fiverr seller there aren't much chances to take a convo...unless the task require, well most of my buyers were 'friendly'  yes and it was really effective.

Edited by sarahkhan97
exceptional
  • Like 63
  • Up 6

The seller relaxes and can deliver a quality product.

You are true said, If any buyer create a good relationship, I swear to say any seller try to give the best effort and deliver the quality service.

• Like 54
  • Thanks 10

Definitely. A lot of the times buyers forget that we are all people with jobs and families. Our time and energy is limited and should be valued. By building a relationship, you give each other trust and respect, it is easier to communicate and easier to produce outstanding work. 

• Like 57
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 6

Yes, probably I'm a Top Buyer, not just a Seller. So why not telling you a couple of tips? exactly one important tip which I consider fundamental:

- relationship

Means when you deal with a seller, not just demand this or that. Try to create a relationship. I know it's difficult with chat and so far away, but it's important. The seller relaxes and can deliver a quality product. At the same time, you can be part of his creativity with your ideas. At the end the product will be also something yours, not just a bought product.

In the end, selling is a sacred trust between buyer and seller, but sometimes things don't work out because of unpleasant circumstances. In the end, you are also a part of the product, not just a buyer. Your advice is very valuable.

• Like 56
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 6

• 7 months later...

You as a buyer, do you prefer to order from sellers who have 5.0 rating or 4.9? Because me, personally those who have 5.0 smt isn't right I think, seems like they don't have personality, or smt else but isn't right!

The ones with 4.9 or even lower show the real attitude ( attitude brings great final products ) please correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 46
  • Confused 2
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...

- relationship

I found working with clients, the quality of orders was much better with clients who were friendly. A good relationship with the client makes the work time enjoyable

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 4:26 PM, manuelmarino said:

when you deal with a seller, not just demand this or that. Try to create a relationship. I know it's difficult with chat and so far away, but it's important. The seller relaxes and can deliver a quality product. At the same time, you can be part of his creativity with your ideas. At the end the product will be also something yours, not just a bought product.

Well said, I Personally over deliver when I find a buyer who is kind and willing to help, and always try to keep a long term relatioship whith them/

Edited by soufianejanna
orthographic mistakes
  • Like 34
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

what do you search in sellers? Because I'm a new one and I still am not getting a lot of orders, I think it is because I don't have a lot of reviews and I don't get a lot of impressions, but I want to know a buyers view

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

What drives you to decide to order from a new seller ?

Yes, I'm asking to improve whatever is left to improve in gigs. I've done practically everything except share my gig, because I highly value my privacy and with all these deepfake and AI scams, anyone can take your picture and do whatever they want with it. However, I did indicate in a few gigs that I'm willing to arrange a meeting online with buyers I trust so that they can be sure I'm not hiding behind absolute anonymity and rest easy. 

I've added videos, showcased previous work, modified the thumbnail, description, faqs, prices, more times than I can remember. Stil, no orders. But I understand the buyer's point of view, they often stick with top rated sellers because they feel comfortable with that and I don't blame them. I've suggested on other threads that Fiverr intervenes and a good member showed me that one of Fiverr's top issues is that the market is dominated by just a handful of sellers. I'm not giving up, but I hope new sellers who are not scammers, competent, dedicated, and know what they're doing are given even a slim chance of getting an order. That, I would say, rests on Fiverr's shoulders. I'm a college student so I have to pause all of my gigs soon, but I hope I can get an order before I do. Thanks for reading.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 9:26 AM, manuelmarino said:

- relationship

All sellers are looking for clients like you, but how many have clients like you in mind? Some get some and some don't.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2023 at 2:37 PM, the_civil_panda said:

Yes, I'm asking to improve whatever is left to improve in gigs. I've done practically everything except share my gig, because I highly value my privacy and with all these deepfake and AI scams, anyone can take your picture and do whatever they want with it. 

Firstly, Yesss - deep fake and AI scams exist but the world is genuinely full of people good as well as bad people all around.😇 But only expecting the worst for ourselves limits ourselves in so many ways that we end up putting ourselves into a cocoon. Fiverr has repeatedly emphasized on having seller's genuine picture on profile or even on top image of the gig.

Among thousands of gigs in search results - having a human face is the first level of establishing mutual trust. And you only get a fraction of a second or even less to get NOTICED🔍 on a search page filled with results. You have correctly specified about your willingness for calls in your gigs but 99% of buyers might not even reach the point where they read details and know that you're open for calls to establish trust!!  

Secondly - No,  the business is NOT dominated by a handful of top sellers. Seeing the page 1 of results can often create that impression but as a matter of fact this place is highly competitive with hundreds of sellers joining daily. Only way to stand out in a swelling sea of sellers is by creating eye-catchy gigs🤩 with well-articulated details which give the impression that you're unique, professional, good at the service you're offering and genuine!!  And, remember to use every option available to provide details about yourself or your work during gig and profile creation - the more thorough you're in your gigs, more it will help. 

Good luck and Godspeed. 😇

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

- relationship

Great insights! It's just out of the box thinking level. If you care about your seller the seller will care for you and your products too! But maximum buyers force their sellers and can't maintain a good relationship. Which is a vital mistake in the business world.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 3:26 PM, manuelmarino said:

- relationship

I think you’re right.If you build a relationship with your client,you might end up getting returning customers 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately nowadays many people tend to forget that we are all humans after all. I have many clients that I have long term relationships with ( not on fiverr, I'm new here ), and there is always a difference when you actually love the human being behind the job, you are trying slightly better and there isn't any intention behind that, it just happens naturally. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1