I quit my 9-5 job of 7 years to work full time on fiverr. Advice and prayers needed🙏🙏

cazzydesigns

Hey guys this might be the dumbest or biggest move in my career lol. I have worked for 7+ years full time as a graphic designer. So I did some research and joined fiverr as a twitch designer. I feel like am starting my career all over but am actually a vetted Professional in this field. Advice and guidance on how to get successful here needed🙏🙏😁

Meanwhile guys view my gig and tell me what needs to be added or removed https://www.fiverr.com/s2/70d38fb156 thank you🙏

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Woah there, I hope you have some other source of passive or active income because starting Fiverr at these times in the gig category you're in is gonna be challenging. 

If you want feedback on your gig, it should be posted under the "Improve My Gig" category. 

But welcome and enjoy the ride! It might not be an easy one, but tread on and test the waters! 😅

• Like 7

Just now, theratypist said:

Woah there, I hope you have some other source of passive or active income because starting Fiverr at these times in the gig category you're in is gonna be challenging. 

If you want feedback on your gig, it should be posted under the "Improve My Gig" category. 

But welcome and enjoy the ride! It might not be an easy one, but tread on and test the waters! 😅

Thank you so much, am actually a professional in this niche and I believe that with my skill and a bit of luck lol I could be a top seller beyond next year

• Like 2

Hey guys this might be the dumbest or biggest move in my career lol. I have worked for 7+ years full time as a graphic designer. So I did some research and joined fiverr as a twitch designer. I feel like am starting my career all over but am actually a vetted Professional in this field. Advice and guidance on how to get successful here needed🙏🙏😁

Meanwhile guys view my gig and tell me what needs to be added or removed https://www.fiverr.com/s2/70d38fb156 thank you🙏

• Like 4

I was hoping this was a joke when I saw the title. You quit your steady job before you had any viable alternative to make up for the lost income? 

I don't mean to put you down or anything, and I love reading stories about people who finally get out of their 9-5 and start following their dream of becoming a freelancer. There's so much to that word: freelancer. 

But in these day and age, quitting a steady job without any groundwork for what you're going to do might very well be the dumbest move in your career. I won't say it is, because you never know: you might find great success, and I hope you do! 

But you're probably going to find out that getting started on Fiverr is much harder than most people think. It takes a long time of hard work, dedication, a bit of luck, and of course, skills that will make you stand out in the overcrowded marketplace. It can be done, but I really hope you have a big rainy-day fund to fall back on, because you're in for a tough ride. 

I really hope you make it! I love working on Fiverr. It's a great marketplace, it has (mostly) great buyers, and it has given me the freedom to work from home, or the beach, or the hotel. 

Looking at your gig, here's what I would get cracking at first: 

Don't offer unlimited revisions. You'll be taken advantage of, and you'll regret it! Offering one or two revisions is fine, but going unlimited sets you to be the victim of bad buyers who will get you to work for free in endless revision loops. 

I would also look into your gig description. It has bad grammar. 

You're claiming that you were a top rated seller once. If that's correct, you probably should know all these things by now. Anyway, I'm not sure if you're allowed to use that type of wording, since ranks/levels on Fiverr is meant to be handed out/taken away by Fiverr. At least this is true for profile pics and gig images, where you're not allowed to use levels. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

I was hoping this was a joke when I saw the title. You quit your steady job before you had any viable alternative to make up for the lost income? 

I don't mean to put you down or anything, and I love reading stories about people who finally get out of their 9-5 and start following their dream of becoming a freelancer. There's so much to that word: freelancer. 

But in these day and age, quitting a steady job without any groundwork for what you're going to do might very well be the dumbest move in your career. I won't say it is, because you never know: you might find great success, and I hope you do! 

But you're probably going to find out that getting started on Fiverr is much harder than most people think. It takes a long time of hard work, dedication, a bit of luck, and of course, skills that will make you stand out in the overcrowded marketplace. It can be done, but I really hope you have a big rainy-day fund to fall back on, because you're in for a tough ride. 

I really hope you make it! I love working on Fiverr. It's a great marketplace, it has (mostly) great buyers, and it has given me the freedom to work from home, or the beach, or the hotel. 

Looking at your gig, here's what I would get cracking at first: 

Don't offer unlimited revisions. You'll be taken advantage of, and you'll regret it! Offering one or two revisions is fine, but going unlimited sets you to be the victim of bad buyers who will get you to work for free in endless revision loops. 

I would also look into your gig description. It has bad grammar. 

You're claiming that you were a top rated seller once. If that's correct, you probably should know all these things by now. Anyway, I'm not sure if you're allowed to use that type of wording, since ranks/levels on Fiverr is meant to be handed out/taken away by Fiverr. At least this is true for profile pics and gig images, where you're not allowed to use levels. 

All you said is right man thank you so much 🙏.  So it is the truth I quit my 9-5 but definitely not just because of fiverr, I also looked into more platforms to make extra cash. So locally in my area I own small a gas station which I make my full time income on, also recently I built an office in it too. It was hectic for me to manage it and also work at a company so I stick to it and made an office for my side hustle and passion which is design. Thank you once again for your advice on improving my gig. I know my odds are low but not impossible! I will keep trying. Have a great day sir 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cazzydesigns said:

All you said is right man thank you so much 🙏.  So it is the truth I quit my 9-5 but definitely not just because of fiverr, I also looked into more platforms to make extra cash. So locally in my area I own small a gas station which I make my full time income on, also recently I built an office in it too. It was hectic for me to manage it and also work at a company so I stick to it and made an office for my side hustle and passion which is design. Thank you once again for your advice on improving my gig. I know my odds are low but not impossible! I will keep trying. Have a great day sir 

Aha! This sounds like a bit more of a plan. If you own a gas station on the side and you can make an income from that, plus freelancing, you should be ok. It's brave and cool to make the choice to chase your dreams. I do it every day when I do voice-overs. Loving what you do is crucial to your happiness in life. Stick to it. As long as you have a way to put food on the table until you built something great you should be ok! 

Yes, the chances of making it are low, but if you have a passion for what you do, and the financial terrain to keep at it, you're already on your way. :) 

PS. Don't call people "sir". I've written a post about why you should avoid sir, mam, madam, dear etc. here: 

Good on you for following your passions! It makes me happy to see when people do that. Another advice, if you're good at design, is to get more gigs out there (as long as you're good at the different things you do). Don't bet everything on just one gig, and maximize your visibility by offering gigs across categories if you can offer something great! :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

First of all, I was worried when you said you left your job, but then I read your newer posts about the gas station so I guess you're fine 🙂

In your case it seems like you have been a seller here and was quite successful, plus unlike some new sellers you actually do have the right skills so I'm assuming you already know how things work here 🙂  Maybe your past clients will find you and you'll be a TRS by next year!

As @smashradio said though, your gig description has grammar mistakes, and for many buyers that is enough to say "OK, I'm not gonna ask this guy because he didn't bother proofreading his description, that means he must be unprofessional." I hope you get it fixed ASAP.
Happy gigging!

Edited by zeus777
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want to make a living as a freelancer I suggest you not put all your eggs in one basket. Use Fiverr as one of your source of income, not the only one. Freelance is not easy money neither is Fiverr or any other platform. Also, read the TOS and make sure you stay out of trouble.

I suggest you remove this from your gig. Offering money back guarantee is the best way to attract scammers, not to mention cancellation can affect your stats and ratings and also abusing the cancellation option may put your account at risk. 👇

100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE 

UNLIMITED REVISIONS

This is headache for life. Limit your revisions. ☝️

Good luck.

• Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, zeus777 said:

Hello,

First of all, I was worried when you said you left your job, but then I read your newer posts about the gas station so I guess you're fine 🙂

In your case it seems like you have been a seller here and was quite successful, plus unlike some new sellers you actually do have the right skills so I'm assuming you already know how things work here 🙂  Maybe your past clients will find you and you'll be a TRS by next year!

As @smashradio said though, your gig description has grammar mistakes, and for many buyers that is enough to say "OK, I'm not gonna ask this guy because he didn't bother proofreading his description, that means he must be unprofessional." I hope you get it fixed ASAP.
Happy gigging!

Thank you so much for this. I was quite in a rush when a made the gig, but I have been watching videos and of course reading your comments and will definitely improve my gig description. God bless you

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 4:49 PM, blavaro said:

@cazzydesigns Are you sure your profile image is yours? I found at least one user with same photo on Fiverr. Not mentioning world wide web.

Could 100% money back guarantee potentially mean working for free? Are you ready to take the risk?

As I said on my profile I have been on fiverr before, as a top rated seller. You may have seen me before. But if you see someone else, it's an impersonator. Do you have their username? So I can tell them to take it down. Thanks have a bright day

• Like 4

On 8/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, cazzydesigns said:

As I said on my profile I have been on fiverr before, as a top rated seller.

Untitled.thumb.png.1c0f12d1c03a9e209456514e71495603.png

You were Level 2 around July 2020 as you mentioned in this thread.... If this was just last year and you did become a Top Rated Seller why did you close that account and make a new one?

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/214490-gig-impressions-clicks-orders-dropping-everyday/?do=findComment&comment=1258980

As you say in your profile you are cazzymoreemodi so the above info is indeed your old profile. It does have the same profile photo as you anyway.

"Since i graduated, i have worked with four design agencies as a Graphic designer and 3d animator. Actually i have worked for 3 years on here (formally know as cazzymoreemodi), i can boast of 1000 satisfied clients inside and outside fiverr and some few companies when i was employed to a boss lol." 

Well, your photo appears exactly on the links below

https://marketingedge.com.ng/professional-yes-men/ 

https://www.brandcrunch.com.ng/2019/06/25/why-betnaija-supports-bbnaija-2019-osobajo/

Untitled.png.84bc8fbe1a654acc4a98ee7bcdd5bec9.png

So you were a graphic designer also while being the senior manager?? Isn't being the senior manager sort of like the boss? Or was this a job before?? 

I hope you're being transparent with us in the forum. I remember you had a thread earlier and me and @smashradio were wishing you success! 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

On 8/13/2021 at 12:24 PM, theratypist said:

Untitled.thumb.png.1c0f12d1c03a9e209456514e71495603.png

You were Level 2 around July 2020 as you mentioned in this thread.... If this was just last year and you did become a Top Rated Seller why did you close that account and make a new one?

As you say in your profile you are cazzymoreemodi so the above info is indeed your old profile. It does have the same profile photo as you anyway.

Since i graduated, i have worked with four design agencies as a Graphic designer and 3d animator. Actually i have worked for 3 years on here (formally know as cazzymoreemodi), i can boast of 1000 satisfied clients inside and outside fiverr and some few companies when i was employed to a boss lol. 

Well, your photo appears exactly on the links below

https://marketingedge.com.ng/professional-yes-men/ 

https://www.brandcrunch.com.ng/2019/06/25/why-betnaija-supports-bbnaija-2019-osobajo/

Untitled.png.84bc8fbe1a654acc4a98ee7bcdd5bec9.png

So you were a graphic designer also while being the senior manager?? Isn't being the senior manager sort of like the boss? Or was this a job before?? 

I hope you're being transparent with us in the forum. I remember you had a thread earlier and me and @smashradio were wishing you success! 

Lol Nigerian bloggers always using people's picture without permission. I was never a ceo on any other company. I worked, also became a top seller here till health issues kicked in. Anyways no need to to get into personal life here or when I did quit or not @theratypistthanks for your contributions and support so far. I just completed my first order too lol

• Like 2

On 8/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, cazzydesigns said:

You can research the ordering process of Fiver.This is a long term process so you will not find the best answer in one day.

• Like 1