What hardware do you use?

I use Focusrite Clarett8Pre, it's beautiful. And Pro Tools software, because I have been using it for 20 years or so - I've invested too much money into it to back out now 😛

I like nice microphones and preamps and then use plugins for effects, because I figured if I'm going to spend the good money I have to cut corners somewhere, and having a fantastic starting point with a good input path just makes everything else so much easier than trying to fix things before you can work with them.

• Like 7

Still rocking it with my old Rme FireFace 800.

Everything good except couple of the condensers dried up and had to change those which was to put it mildly, exiting 😄
And  on top of that you need  kazillion adapters to make it work with the newer 
MacBooks 😄

seriously though I should upgrade to Apollo x8 or something like that quite soon. 

• Like 5

Neumann (TLM 103 & U87Ai) and Sennheiser (MKH416) for microphones.

Avalon (737SP & M5) for preamps. 

Universal Audio (Arrow & Apollo Twin) for interfaces. Switching to RME soon though, really unsatisfied with the path UA has taken regarding customer support and updating to new tech.

Rocking a 2012 Mac Mini, switching to M1 (M1X if possible?) soon. Also a 16" 2019 Macbook Pro. 

Edited by torrelles
  • Like 5

On 8/14/2021 at 7:06 AM, teramangala said:

Hi, I mainly use hardware samplers : AKAI force as a hardware DAW, and ROLAND SPD-SX to enter note with drum stick as I mainly play drums and no keyboards. 

For recording audio, I am a huge fan of SM58 microphone.

I dont understand your language but I understand your video . Keep it up . Bravo. 💚

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2021 at 6:39 PM, newsmike said:

What are you finding about UA that bothers you?

Couple of issues mainly:

• They've had very shady communication regarding AMD processor compatibility. They state their products are "Windows compatible" on every front page, but you have to dig deep to find that Ryzen is not oficially supported.
  • Their WDM driver has had issues with input signal for aaaages, to the point where it's unusable. 4 or 5 years if I recall correctly. There are numerous threads on their forums discussing it, with dead silence from UA. It has never been acnowledged afaik nor a fix is in the works. 

I'm also bothered by the extremely slow M1 compatibility work in comparison with the competition. They still run through Rosetta at this point in time. 

Edited by torrelles
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...