Would you cancel order, or take the hit?

A buyer has asked to cancel an order, citing that he's 'not satisfied'. I suspect he just doesn't want to cough up for the work I've given him.

Anyway, here's my dilemma.

If I cancel the order, I will definitely be demoted back down from level 1 to new seller. 

But if I refuse the cancellation, he will surely leave me my first ever bad review.

Question 1: In terms of the damage my profile could take, which is the lesser of the two evils?

Question 2: I'm happy to delete the gig, as it's new, will a bad review left on it still show up on my main profile?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, joewest1802 said:

A buyer has asked to cancel an order, citing that he's 'not satisfied'. I suspect he just doesn't want to cough up for the work I've given him.

Anyway, here's my dilemma.

If I cancel the order, I will definitely be demoted back down from level 1 to new seller. 

But if I refuse the cancellation, he will surely leave me my first ever bad review.

Question 1: In terms of the damage my profile could take, which is the lesser of the two evils?

Question 2: I'm happy to delete the gig, as it's new, will a bad review left on it still show up on my main profile?

Hey, JOEWEST, As you are level 1 seller, I would say both have significant amount of damage on profile ! 

Ans.  1) 'Cancelling Order' is lesser of two evils, As most of the buyers or if we view as a customer looking to buy a gig, most of us look for review or star ratings! So Negative Rating/Review is much Riskier than Cancelling the order, but one negative review doesn't do much damage as you can easily cover it up with multiple 5 star rating or 100% order completions later on your fiverr journey.

Ans.  2) Review Ratings are permanent, & will remain on your fiverr profile even if you delete gig. 

Don't worry move on, one bad review rating won't impact your working professionalism in any way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, padesius said:

Hey, JOEWEST, As you are level 1 seller, I would say both have significant amount of damage on profile ! 

Ans.  1) 'Cancelling Order' is lesser of two evils, As most of the buyers or if we view as a customer looking to buy a gig, most of us look for review or star ratings! So Negative Rating/Review is much Riskier than Cancelling the order, but one negative review doesn't do much damage as you can easily cover it up with multiple 5 star rating or 100% order completions later on your fiverr journey.

Ans.  2) Review Ratings are permanent, & will remain on your fiverr profile even if you delete gig. 

Don't worry move on, one bad review rating won't impact your working professionalism in any way. 

Thanks for your valuable info