Repeat business; repeat rewards

mjensen415

As a seller on Fiverr, you know the importance of receiving repeat orders from your buyers. Not only does repeat business confirm the high quality of your service (go you!) but also gives you peace of mind by helping you to create a stable income. Fiverr has always encouraged long term relationships between buyers and sellers, and now, with the repeat business score and badge on seller profiles, this is recognized even further!

hh1FLXOS7h8_pYPWxbPKfSG6HLePi2XLd7QLSRhaOGIwGt4uxNmBIbd5jH2AQdPppOXfX2VzttX7Z13HG_3VpqMCGXVrmW03L88qbrmkwQ16goEKQlCWiVumi8ktN2cn1samoX7C

How it works:

• To the right of the “Overview tab” (which you already know), see the “Repeat business tab”
  • Once complete > Choose your subcategory from the dropdown menu  
  • See your repeat business score, and how you perform in each of the factors that it is comprised of:
    • Repeat buyers
      • The number of buyers who ordered from you again within the last 90 days.
    • Repeat buyers (%)
      • The percentage of buyers who ordered from you again within the last 90 days. 
    • Earnings from repeat buyers
      • Your earnings from repeat orders (before any added fees/ taxes).
    • Earnings from repeat buyers (%)
      • The percentage of your earnings from repeat buyers from your total earnings.
  • Notice the banner at the bottom of the page > See tips and tricks on how to meet (or exceed!) your buyers’ expectations > See more tips

How to improve your score:

• Focus on your buyers’ requirements 
    • The more you know about what your buyers want, the better you can meet (or exceed!) their expectations. 
  • Keep your buyers updated 
    • Be quick in your responses and share updates with your buyers. Ensure them that you have their best interests in mind. 
  • Get early feedback on your work 
    • Get a feel for what your buyers are thinking and be flexible about making changes prior to the order delivery date. 
  • Tell buyers what else you have to offer 
    • Buyers often need extra services delivered. If you feel it appropriate, let them know how else you can add value to an ongoing order. 
  • Reward your valued buyers with coupons 
    • Everyone loves a good deal! Encourage buyers to order from you again using exclusive coupons for your Gig/s.  

For more information, please check out the repeat business help articlehttps://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4404431241617

And as always, please let us know what you think and ask questions below! 

• Like 445
  • Congrats! 5
  • Up 17
  • Thanks 63

5 minutes ago, j6nyc6 said:

Should be a permanent badge in my opinion

That would be a badge I'd be eager to obtain. 

My repeat buyers % is 100. That's... Surprising I guess as I have an active order with a new customer. Perhaps I'm miscalculating it

Edited by alphagev
  • Like 193
  • Congrats! 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 11

Question:

Do all categories have a repeat business score? 

No, currently, in some sub-categories, this score doesn't exist. In the subcategories where the score isn't supported, you will be notified in the dashboard. 

Where can we see this on the dashboard? Or how do we know which category does not have or has? 😁

• Like 182
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 6

I like it! I'm one point away from getting the badge. Something to strive for. 

I'm doing everything that's recommended to keep buyers coming back, so I guess I need more coffee to figure this one out. To the coffee-machine

I'm curious. How do I set up coupons for my gigs? Is that something I've overlooked, or does it have to be a manual thing, @mjensen415?

• Like 167
  • Haha 8
  • Congrats! 4
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 6

Is the purpose of this page to simply inform me that my buyers are coming back? Because... I know that. The names, the rough percentage, the importance and all that. I thought for a second that those who’d reach a certain threshold would be getting a bonus of some sort. :)

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 167
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 7

After reporting three more seller spam messages ... this has become a really awful time sink, it would be great if Fiverr could find a way to keep people who can't even understand that a Gig is not a BR, from messaging sellers by adding something like I am a buyer / I am a seller pop-up at their first try at contacting someone, and redirecting them then to ToS, an explanation of what a Gig is, and how to use Fiverr, and stuff ... I could finally move on to the new Analytics feature, and atm, I'm seeing 98 / 100. Nice.

The earnings from repeat buyers that is shown is "before fees and taxes". Before taxes is clear, Fiverr can't know how much tax we'll have to pay on that, after all, but maybe after fees would be nice. Those of us who don't live in the US, have to deduct PayPal/Payoneer/conversion fees in our heads already 😅.

@vickiespencer Exactly 50% for me right now, but it's for 90 days, or so the mouse-over text does say.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 165
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 4

On 8/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, vickiespencer said:

Wow, I just looked. Knowing the percentage of repeat buyers was interesting to me. Right now mine is 36%. It would be nice to know how that compares to other sellers on Fiverr. 

Hi Vickie! Mine is 37% with 53% earnings from repeat buyers. This analysis is amazing! What other freelance site share this type of detail???? That’s why Fiverr is the Top Dog!! 

On 8/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, lenasemenkova said:

Is the purpose of this page to simply inform me that my buyers are coming back? Because... I know that. The names, the rough percentage, the importance and all that. I thought for a second that those who’d reach a certain threshold would be getting a bonus of some sort. 🙂

I have seen a badge on certain profiles and of course I would love one too! 

• Like 162
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

Already got Seller Plus. yet I see no mention of Coupons in the main navigation menu or anywhere else. What am I missing? I have the advanced analytics, and I've paid the subscription. I can't find anything about Seller Plus in the menu, either. @mjensen415 

• Like 160
  • Up 13
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, melissaharlowvo said:

I have seen a badge on certain profiles

I have it and also have two 3* reviews in total (business relationships gone bad over time). Both of  them have “This buyer came back!” badge next to it and I snort every time I see it. One of them came back minutes away from me blocking him so it all has a bit of an uncomfortable vibe, Stephen King-style. “He kept coming back and she couldn't stop him". 🙂

In any case, I understand the badge. I don’t understand the entire page dedicated to it. You’ll just increase the number of sellers spamming their buyers and begging for more orders. 

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 146
  • Up 15
  • Thanks 6

98/100 Score

36% repeat buyers in my main category. Repeat buyers give me 76% of my earnings, though.

I read the additional information on the page. Curious to know how exactly things are weighted to come up with the score. Does the earnings/repeat buyer play into things?

Also, (and I don't mean this to sound rude) but does this really matter? Other than knowing we're satisfying clients who buy more on Fiverr, it doesn't *do* anything, right? Are we being rewarded in some background way for pleasing people who pay more fees to Fiverr over a longer period of time?

Interesting stats, though.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 119
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 7
  • Thanks 1