Too much negative news in the forum?

deejaycreations

I don't know about you, but I've found myself digging through plenty of recent posts on this forum and must admit that most of them are complaints either about people getting demoted, having a bad experience with the CS/buyer or how they feel helpless. Reading all this can make even the most seasoned seller twitch a little.

But here's the thing, you can literally go on every single forum of every single marketplace, freelancing, or professional service platform and you'll find it most similar. The reason? We, good humans, are most vocal when something goes south (Yelp anyone?)

So if there are any newbies reading through the posts and finding yourself fearing for the worst, relax. Countless people make a living on Fiverr and the platform is getting better with each passing year. As long as you do your work, communicate well with buyers and the support, and keep a positive mindset (cliche but true), things will be A-okay!

And yes, don't forget to share your happy, positive experiences too!

Note: I'm not invalidating any of those negative posts, but just stating how there are plenty of positives too that we should be focusing on.

2 hours ago, nazat_e_rose_ said:

I have read several posts that stated that Fiverr support tends to lean on the buyers more often, even though the sellers were completely innocent, and it was the buyer who did something wrong.

May I suggest you be more cautious in what you read and decide to believe.

For anyone to assert what you have just said, you need to have all the evidence at hand, and you will always have only one side of the story: the story of the user who is ranting

4 hours ago, deejaycreations said:

I don't know about you, but I've found myself digging through plenty of recent posts on this forum and must admit that most of them are complaints either about people getting demoted, having a bad experience with the CS/buyer or how they feel helpless. Reading all this can make even the most seasoned seller twitch a little.

But here's the thing, you can literally go on every single forum of every single marketplace, freelancing, or professional service platform and you'll find it most similar. The reason? We, good humans, are most vocal when something goes south (Yelp anyone?)

So if there are any newbies reading through the posts and finding yourself fearing for the worst, relax. Countless people make a living on Fiverr and the platform is getting better with each passing year. As long as you do your work, communicate well with buyers and the support, and keep a positive mindset (cliche but true), things will be A-okay!

And yes, don't forget to share your happy, positive experiences too!

Note: I'm not invalidating any of those negative posts, but just stating how there are plenty of positives too that we should be focusing on.

Really enjoyed reading your post. Most of the time we think it's bad but we don't think it's good. We should think about it. then can we move forward

On 8/6/2021 at 9:00 PM, nazat_e_rose_ said:

I have read several posts that stated that Fiverr support tends to lean on the buyers more often, even though the sellers were completely innocent, and it was the buyer who did something wrong.

I have actually found the Fiverr support extremely supportive. They have helped me every single time I needed them to. I noticed that when I just started on Fiverr, my luck wasn't too good with CS, but over time it's been perfect.

The reason? Communication.

1: When you reach out to Fiverr, make sure your message is polite, clear and emotional. The less you sound like a robot, the more effective it will be. Ensure that a long message isn't one huge paragraph and instead multiple with plenty of white space. Also, NEVER say anything disrespectful about the buyer.

2: In your chat with the buyer, do not use profanity and be polite (a little rude here and there is still okay if the buyer's being rude, but it's unprofessional nonetheless).

Also, Fiverr support are mostly native English speakers, so if there's a language barrier and what you say isn't easy to understand, then things might not go so smoothly for you. 

Ending thought—Fiverr's getting better and I'm sure many sellers will attest to that belief.

11 hours ago, deejaycreations said:

I have actually found the Fiverr support extremely supportive. They have helped me every single time I needed them to. I noticed that when I just started on Fiverr, my luck wasn't too good with CS, but over time it's been perfect.

The reason? Communication.

1: When you reach out to Fiverr, make sure your message is polite, clear and emotional. The less you sound like a robot, the more effective it will be. Ensure that a long message isn't one huge paragraph and instead multiple with plenty of white space. Also, NEVER say anything disrespectful about the buyer.

2: In your chat with the buyer, do not use profanity and be polite (a little rude here and there is still okay if the buyer's being rude, but it's unprofessional nonetheless).

Also, Fiverr support are mostly native English speakers, so if there's a language barrier and what you say isn't easy to understand, then things might not go so smoothly for you. 

Ending thought—Fiverr's getting better and I'm sure many sellers will attest to that belief.

I see, thanks for letting me know

Archived