I seem to feel that the platform will send me orders for a fixed period of time every month

pcb900817

Yes, it's true I have also noticed a pattern for my sales for several months: sales start very strongly at the beginning of the month and stop almost entirely as soon as I reach a certain amount, but is this the platform? or just my customers who buy only at the beginning of the month?

8 hours ago, teramangala said:

Yes, indeed, I have also noticed a pattern for my sales for several months: sales start very strongly at the beginning of the month and stop almost entirely as soon as I reach a certain amount, but is this the platform? or just my customers who buy only at the beginning of the month?

Fiverr has no hand directly or indirectly on how your gigs get orders. This is fully dependent on your performance and relationship with your existing customers. Just like you rent a space to set up a store in the marketplace, Fiverr is just a platform to set up your shop, your output solely depends on you. The new Fiverr 3.0 prioritize sellers who have an exceptional delivery history, so if your buyers are happy, you get more exposure. That's how it works now. Believe ye me that there are still people on this platform that make more than $12,000 a month and amass up to 16 orders in the queue even as we speak. So get it up to work! Get your freelance business running like a conventional office and you will see more output. Remember to whom more is given, more is expected. 

4 minutes ago, juan_adulf said:

Fiverr has no hand directly or indirectly on how your gigs get orders. This is fully dependent on your performance and relationship with your existing customers.

Fiverr has a hand indirectly.... this is their marketplace. They have certain metrics in place on how a gig gets exposure, even labels like Fiverrs choice, level badges, repeat buyer badges, make a difference. The kind of gigs they will give more exposure to, how long they give that exposure. Of course you have a huge hand to play in handling the clients to get said badges, but to get business exposure in the search results to reach said clients, Fiverr controls the algorithm to that.

29 minutes ago, juan_adulf said:

So get it up to work! Get your freelance business running like a conventional office and you will see more output. Remember to whom more is given, more is expected. 

What if they are indeed "getting it up to work"? Would you say they're not doing enough? Some categories just have a lot of competition, and some categories aren't the highest in demand. 🤔

On 8/7/2021 at 3:21 PM, theratypist said:

Fiverr has a hand indirectly.... this is their marketplace. They have certain metrics in place on how a gig gets exposure, even labels like Fiverrs choice, level badges, repeat buyer badges, make a difference. The kind of gigs they will give more exposure to, how long they give that exposure. Of course you have a huge hand to play in handling the clients to get said badges, but to get business exposure in the search results to reach said clients, Fiverr controls the algorithm to that.

What if they are indeed "getting it up to work"? Would you say they're not doing enough? Some categories just have a lot of competition, and some categories aren't the highest in demand. 🤔

I get your point, but when I said get up, I meant doing it yourself. From the question he or she was talking literally about waiting for Fiverr to send buyer for him/her. However, even though some niches are not as competitive as others, they are still people that are acing it in that space. All it takes is learning both the business and freelance part of your niche. That way you are not only an expert coach per se but also a selling coach. 

Archived