Skype skype skype...! [archived]

multygraphics

Reply to @alysmcdonough: In your case, you don’t seem to want to use a direct communication option. However in a lot of cases I think sellers would appreciate the option. Personally I don’t want s***e for my buyers benefit so much as for my own. I would rather have a quick conversation then sending Fiverr texts and waiting for responses. Lately my buyers have looked over my messages and I end up getting asked questions I told them the answer to of the cared to scroll up an inch. If we could talk face to face on occasion it may be avoided. Honestly, if Fiverr wants to control communication (honestly I would rather they did) then they should spend less time rearranging the various page formats (in most cases people don’t appreciate that anyway) and focus their time and funding on creating more ways to communicate with each other effectively ie. live video chat, instant messaging pop ups, or at least removing the character limit for our messaging.

Reply to @missashley8705: I agree, but the good thing with fiverr messages is it is all in writing. I don’t even talk to people on the phone about my web designing. I used to, but I found I was getting too many time wasters spending 15+ minutes of my time and some not just once, multiple times - and never spending any money. I like having everything in writing (rather than taking notes and maybe missing something also) I think the option mentioned above of paying for the sellers time to speak on s***e is an excellent one, and great for those who wish to do it. I do the same thing now, only they pay for me to answer questions in a gig. Like I said above, I am very doubtful fiverr would take any sort of action against a buyer or a seller unless they could actually prove that they used their service to communicate outside of fiverr. There’s someone here with a singing lessons gig for example, that is quite a legitimate use of s***e in my opinion and quite cool. They could of course abuse that by verbally saying to buyers to pay more and work outside of fiverr, but then again there are designers that attach their personal details to things and so forth as well. It’s a hard thing to police and for that reason unless there is proof, it would be pretty unlikely for fiverr to take action. But again, I could be wrong. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I want notifications in my task bar when I’m working in particular software and don’t want to go back to browser and refresh to see if there is any new notice or message, or sometimes there are complications you need to discuss, my opinion is fiverr.com is large enough to develop a light messenger which could have ability of voice calls.

I really don’t like the idea of communicating with potential client via s***e. As popular as it may be, issues are bound to surface. There is another site that I participate on where buyers post jobs and sellers put in offers to complete them.

Everything is laid out and you feel okay to input an offer; or so you think. So far, two buyers have requested or rather threw in additional info that wasn’t mentioned anywhere in their job. The s***e requests I got from one buyer had me on end to the point I just declined.

Face-to-face communication sound convenient but having the written words, to me, holds more weight.

@amr_designs There is no need to add voice call ability to fiverr with all the other stuff on the site. It sounds nice but there are bound to be problems in the short-run.

• 1 month later...

I understand that Skyping and communicating outside of Fiverr is against the user-policy but sometimes it is just impossible to handle some projects without really contacting the person and discussing things in details. I have a few larger projects and just can’t use Fiverr because of this restriction. I simply cant write down all details in PM, it takes too much time and communication flow isn’t natural.

Contacted Fiverr support and explained the situation and asked for a permission to share contact details but the answer was a flat no. I would never consider paying the seller outside of Fiverr as that is not safe enough but as it is now, I just have to turn to other platforms out there.

I think fiverr should at least add some kind of onsite chat for those kind of jobs. I do not have that problems as I do not need to communicate with people a lot. But there are a lot of gigs which really need some kind of smooth communication.

None of my gigs require s***e, phone conversations, or e-mails. However, I think it’s fine if the buyer shares his website (so you can learn about him) and I find it ironic that Fiverr wants us to connect our social media account yet friending your client on Facebook probably violates Fiverr policies if you met him on Fiverr.

Reply to @marketman: That’s true, but chatting drives me crazy, I have a friend that will send me 4 SMS’s instead of one with all the information, so if I tell him I made X money on Fiverr, he’ll write:

Wow

Xongrats

How much money

In three separate messages! I mean, really? He couldn’t just write: "Wow, congrats, you’ve made so much money!"

See why I hate chatting? People waste your GD time. LOL

if a lot of customer want to discuss with you on S-K-Y-P-E then make a Fiverr gig to provide your services on S-K-Y-P-E and crosscheck the gig with fiverr team and after taking approval on gig you can ask the buyer to buy the gig to discuss on s***e.

I also face same type of problem that’s why I make a gig for working as virtual website designer on S-K-Y-P-E and I make good profit by providing my services on S-K-Y-P-E . Because some customer really face problem to explain their needs in text. And Many time for developer it’s hard to explain via text. That’s why S-K-Y-P-E is really good solution.

And when it’s come to P-A-Y then hackers will not buy your gig and you will be safe. And if you got paid on fiverr then they also not have any issue with it.

Here is mine S-K-Y-P-E gig :- https://www.fiverr.com/glowindia/be-your-virtual-website-designer-on-s***e

I got more then 200 orders on this gig and make good revenue via this gig. So, think like business man, if your buyer need S-K-Y-P-E then offer them S-K-Y-P-E and make profit.

Wish you good look.

Sumit Ojha

• 3 years later...

if a lot of customer want to discuss with you on S-K-Y-P-E then make a Fiverr gig to provide your services on S-K-Y-P-E and crosscheck the gig with fiverr team and after taking approval on gig you can ask the buyer to buy the gig to discuss on s***e.

I also face same type of problem that’s why I make a gig for working as virtual website designer on S-K-Y-P-E and I make good profit by providing my services on S-K-Y-P-E . Because some customer really face problem to explain their needs in text. And Many time for developer it’s hard to explain via text. That’s why S-K-Y-P-E is really good solution.

And when it’s come to P-A-Y then hackers will not buy your gig and you will be safe. And if you got paid on fiverr then they also not have any issue with it.

Here is mine S-K-Y-P-E gig :- https://www.fiverr.com/glowindia/be-your-virtual-website-designer-on-s***e

I got more then 200 orders on this gig and make good revenue via this gig. So, think like business man, if your buyer need S-K-Y-P-E then offer them S-K-Y-P-E and make profit.

Wish you good look.

Sumit Ojha

Looks like that provider is gone. I just got dinged for requesting a s***e call. I think the issue is that not everyone wants to do a s***e call. I asked making it clear it was a gig but they said no. There are s***e gigs, I’ve done quite a few of them so I think in the future I will simple search for a user who does that

Archived