Can I get my money back as a buyer ?

pradeep1107

Dear Guys, 

I ordered on Fiverr for about 100$, before the order the seller was very polite, nice and very tempting for me to buy. He presented himself as he had lots of experience. It has been 1 week now, I placed the order and the seller has not done anything. He sent me a copy paste thing and I noticed it instantly and I told him to do it again, late response but he sent me again and it was again copy paste things. Now  I have a feeling that he is probably scamming me, he has got more than 70 reviews though but if you look very closely, most of the reviews are fake.

I want somehow ymy money back, I haven't cancelled my order yet as I know Fiverr policies favours the seller and not the buyer. In 3 hours, his 1 week delivery time will be up as he has not asked for extension.

In case if the seller forgets to extend the delivery time and also does not submit the order on time, do I have a chance to cancel the order and get my money back ?

What can I do to get my money back, I want my money back because I know he will never be able to deliver the desire result ?

• Like 23
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 7

41 minutes ago, pradeep1107 said:

Dear Guys, 

I ordered on Fiverr for about 100$, before the order the seller was very polite, nice and very tempting for me to buy. He presented himself as he had lots of experience. It has been 1 week now, I placed the order and the seller has not done anything. He sent me a copy paste thing and I noticed it instantly and I told him to do it again, late response but he sent me again and it was again copy paste things. Now  I have a feeling that he is probably scamming me, he has got more than 70 reviews though but if you look very closely, most of the reviews are fake.

I want somehow ymy money back, I haven't cancelled my order yet as I know Fiverr policies favours the seller and not the buyer. In 3 hours, his 1 week delivery time will be up as he has not asked for extension.

In case if the seller forgets to extend the delivery time and also does not submit the order on time, do I have a chance to cancel the order and get my money back ?

What can I do to get my money back, I want my money back because I know he will never be able to deliver the desire result ?

The incident is certainly tragic. I'm a seller, I never expect an order to be canceled. A seller should satisfy the buyer. If the seller does not deliver your work properly, you can cancel the order. If a buyer wishes, he can cancel the order even after the completion of the order.

• Like 25

So sad, You can contact fiverr customer support.You send their all snap and say first to last conversation.And you can cancel the order without any worry.You will get your money back.Just contact fiverr customer support.I hope you will success.Best of luck.

• Like 24

7 minutes ago, taronbd said:

The incident is certainly tragic. I'm a seller, I never expect an order to be canceled. A seller should satisfy the buyer. If the seller does not deliver your work properly, you can cancel the order. If a buyer wishes, he can cancel the order even after the completion of the order.

If I ask for the cancellation and if the seller does not accept it, will I get my money back ?

• Like 22

7 minutes ago, pradeep1107 said:

If I ask for the cancellation and if the seller does not accept it, will I get my money back ?

When you send a cancellation request, it will be auto-canceled within 3 days if the seller does not accept it.

• Like 23
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, pradeep1107 said:

if you look very closely, most of the reviews are fake.

If you think you can tell that, it would be best to look very closely before you order next time 

Anyway, ways to get back your money:

If the seller wont't deliver on time, and the order gets in "Very Late" Status, I think that's about 48 hours past the original delivery date), you can cancel one-sidedly, and will get refunded to your Fiverr balance automatically.

If the seller does deliver but it's an "empty delivery", i.e. they use the delivery button but attach nothing, or some irrelevant file, or doesn't deliver everything, or not everything that the Gig or custom offer included, you should first discuss it with the seller (may have just attached the wrong file, or something, it happens, nobody is perfect), and if nothing comes out of it, you can contact support and ask them to look into it/cancel for you.

If the seller delivers but the delivery isn't up to standard, you can ask for a revision.

If you get copyrighted material that the seller just copied from somewhere, and you can prove it, of course, you can go to support as well.

58 minutes ago, pradeep1107 said:

I know Fiverr policies favours the seller and not the buyer

Funny how just about every other thread on the forum is about Fiverr favouring buyers 😉

Having read countless threads of how Fiverr supposedly favours the one or the other side, I'm tempted to think that they don't favour either side but just look at their terms of service, guidelines, policies, default reply templates, and try to close the case as they deem appropriate, as quickly as possible.

If you think they didn't quite understand what you wanted right away, it also pays to remain patient and to explain again, even better than before. 

Anyway, I hope your seller cones up with "real work", after all, but if not, you neither have to settle for nothing nor stolen goods, give support a chance to resolve things for you if needed, before assuming they'll rule in favour of the seller anyway.

• Like 27
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pradeep1107 said:

Dear Guys, 

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm sorry you had this experience. It shouldn't be like this. 

If the content isn't what you expected you can initiate a dispute in the resolution center, and explain what the problem is. 

You're the first person (ever) that I've seen who thinks Fiverr favors its sellers. Usually, the buyer will win in most conflicts, especially if you can prove to customer support that he delivered copy-pasted content that he didn't make himself. 

In regards to fake reviews, this is unlikely, since a review can only be placed after an order has been paid for and completed. The buyer would therefore have to spend real money (minimum 7USD per order) in order to get reviews, and get a bunch of accounts to do so, without getting noticed by the system or Fiverr. I doubt that would happen. Most likely, other buyers simply haven't noticed the low quality. 

Use the resolution center in the order, is my advice. 

Best of luck!

• Like 23
  • Up 4

2 hours ago, miiila said:

If you think you can tell that, it would be best to look very closely before you order next time 

Anyway, ways to get back your money:

If the seller wont't deliver on time, and the order gets in "Very Late" Status, I think that's about 48 hours past the original delivery date), you can cancel one-sidedly, and will get refunded to your Fiverr balance automatically.

If the seller does deliver but it's an "empty delivery", i.e. they use the delivery button but attach nothing, or some irrelevant file, or doesn't deliver everything, or not everything that the Gig or custom offer included, you should first discuss it with the seller (may have just attached the wrong file, or something, it happens, nobody is perfect), and if nothing comes out of it, you can contact support and ask them to look into it/cancel for you.

If the seller delivers but the delivery isn't up to standard, you can ask for a revision.

If you get copyrighted material that the seller just copied from somewhere, and you can prove it, of course, you can go to support as well.

Funny how just about every other thread on the forum is about Fiverr favouring buyers 😉

Having read countless threads of how Fiverr supposedly favours the one or the other side, I'm tempted to think that they don't favour either side but just look at their terms of service, guidelines, policies, default reply templates, and try to close the case as they deem appropriate, as quickly as possible.

If you think they didn't quite understand what you wanted right away, it also pays to remain patient and to explain again, even better than before. 

Anyway, I hope your seller cones up with "real work", after all, but if not, you neither have to settle for nothing nor stolen goods, give support a chance to resolve things for you if needed, before assuming they'll rule in favour of the seller anyway.

38 minutes ago, smashradio said:

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm sorry you had this experience. It shouldn't be like this. 

If the content isn't what you expected you can initiate a dispute in the resolution center, and explain what the problem is. 

You're the first person (ever) that I've seen who thinks Fiverr favors its sellers. Usually, the buyer will win in most conflicts, especially if you can prove to customer support that he delivered copy-pasted content that he didn't make himself. 

In regards to fake reviews, this is unlikely, since a review can only be placed after an order has been paid for and completed. The buyer would therefore have to spend real money (minimum 7USD per order) in order to get reviews, and get a bunch of accounts to do so, without getting noticed by the system or Fiverr. I doubt that would happen. Most likely, other buyers simply haven't noticed the low quality. 

Use the resolution center in the order, is my advice. 

Best of luck!

2 minutes ago, moikchap said:

I'm a buyer and have had orders cancelled before. You will get your money back in the form of fiverr credit, not a refund to your method of payment. 

Can I cancel my order right now or should I wait until 48 hours have passed by ? I want to be 100% sure I will get my money back

fiverr.PNG

• Like 18
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, pradeep1107 said:

Is it 100% sure now that I will recieve my money back if I cancel my order ?

Yes, you can cancel the order now. It will go back as Fiverr credit which you purchase on another service. If you want it to go back to your bank you have to contact Customer Support

• Like 20
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Yes, you can cancel the order now. It will go back as Fiverr credit which you purchase on another service. If you want it to go back to your bank you have to contact Customer Support

How can I cancel the order directly without asking the seller to cancel the order ? In the Resolution center it still says "Ask the seller to cancel the order"

• Like 17
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, pradeep1107 said:

How can I cancel the order directly without asking the seller to cancel the order ? In the Resolution center it still says "Ask the seller to cancel the order"

To be honest, I don't know the exact steps as I have not encountered something like that. 

But here is an official article explaining the steps: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049216034-How-do-I-cancel-a-very-late-order?segment=buyer

You can also ask Customer Support to cancel it for you: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

• Like 19
  • Up 1

18 minutes ago, smashradio said:

You can request that the buyer cancel the order. If they refuse, you can escalate to customer support, @pradeep1107

If the buyer accepts, you get your money back in the form of Fiverr credits right away. If not, you escalate it to support, and they will cancel the order for you. 

Thanks, so I have cancelled the order, let see how it goes

• Like 18

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2021 at 6:50 PM, pradeep1107 said:

Dear Guys, 

Contact Customer Support it will help you: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

• Like 14

• 1 year later...