what do you think about using auto refresher?

Just now, sparkledesigner said:

then what can i call you or anyone else here?

I have a couple of suggestions in the post I linked to. A persons name would be preferable (when doing introductions). After that, you really don't have to keep calling us anything at all. This is a cultural thing, which is why I'm letting you know that most westerners don't like to be called "bro", "dear", "friend", "sir", "madam" etc. 

It's just an advice, because I know many people from other parts of the world will use these type of pronouns. The problem is that they are often used in scams. In addition, we find it uncomfortable, because: 

1) I'm not your "dear". I don't know you, you don't know me. "Dear" is something I would use about my wife. Not a stranger online. 

2) Sir is old-fashioned and not really used in most countries, at least not online like this. Also used in a lot of scams. 

3) Bro or "my friend" is just wrong: I'm not your brother, or your friend. 

This isn't a "big problem" on the forums, but if you use it in business communication, you risk making your buyers and others uncomfortable. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I have a couple of suggestions in the post I linked to. A persons name would be preferable (when doing introductions). After that, you really don't have to keep calling us anything at all. This is a cultural thing, which is why I'm letting you know that most westerners don't like to be called "bro", "dear", "friend", "sir", "madam" etc. 

It's just an advice, because I know many people from other parts of the world will use these type of pronouns. The problem is that they are often used in scams. In addition, we find it uncomfortable, because: 

1) I'm not your "dear". I don't know you, you don't know me. "Dear" is something I would use about my wife. Not a stranger online. 

2) Sir is old-fashioned and not really used in most countries, at least not online like this. Also used in a lot of scams. 

3) Bro or "my friend" is just wrong: I'm not your brother, or your friend. 

This isn't a "big problem" on the forums, but if you use it in business communication, you risk making your buyers and others uncomfortable. 

learnt a big thing thanks! @smashradio