My client isn't replying me, what should I do?

emon_arefin

Hello Fiverr,

Recently, I have got a big order from a client. He provided a bulk amount of information about the project. But those are not sorted out at all. I have sorted out almost everything except some confusing stuff. I messaged him to give me the accurate and clear info. He replied me that, he would give me some example of the those confusing part. But after that he is out of the world. I couldn't reach him out after several messages. And the time is running out. What action should I take now so that my profile won't face any harm? Please leave your suggestion on the comment box. 

Thanks in Advance. 

Emon Arefin

2 hours ago, emon_arefin said:

But after that he is out of the world.

"Out of the world" is a term that usually refers to someone dying. Is this what you meant?

2 hours ago, emon_arefin said:

I couldn't reach him out after several messages. And the time is running out. What action should I take now so that my profile won't face any harm? Please leave your suggestion on the comment box.

The only things you can do are keep trying to contact him, or cancel the order due to the buyer not responding with the information you need to complete the order. 

On 8/2/2021 at 5:59 PM, raj_proservice said:

I think client has too much busy, try to wait for the end, You can few tricks if he didn't response in the last... but have to wait for his response

Can you please share those tricks as I can be prepared for the situation. 

On 8/2/2021 at 5:20 PM, jonbaas said:

"Out of the world" is a term that usually refers to someone dying. Is this what you meant?

The only things you can do are keep trying to contact him, or cancel the order due to the buyer not responding with the information you need to complete the order. 

I don't want to cancel the order as this will affect my order completion rate as well as it will put a negative impact on my account.

3 hours ago, emon_arefin said:

I don't want to cancel the order as this will affect my order completion rate as well as it will put a negative impact on my account.

7 hours ago, emon_arefin said:

I couldn't reach him out after several messages. And the time is running out.

If I were you, I would cancel. It will hurt less than having a late delivery.

Meanwhile, you could try asking for an extension. Now, what you should be clear about is that you must prevent the order from running late.

6 hours ago, emon_arefin said:

I have sorted out almost

Well, I'd suggest to work on the sorted things what you have.  Meanwhile if he respond you can ask for extension else deliver what you have done so far. I'd not suggest to cancel the order, it will def. impact on your stats. 

Good Luck!!

Try adding a request for extension for a larger period like 20-30 days. The client can accept when he is online. It is a difficult situation for everyone specially with covid 19. You never know when someone just gets infected and life can get upside down. So, sending a delivery extension request rather than canceling the order might not be a bad idea.

22 minutes ago, dilipkumarpaul said:

Meanwhile if he respond you can ask for extension else deliver what you have done so far.

That's a terrible advice! NEVER deliver an incomplete order. It's against Fiverr's TOS and will grant you a warning!

5 minutes ago, maitasun said:

That's a terrible advice! NEVER deliver an incomplete order. It's against Fiverr's TOS and will grant you a warning!

I didn't meant that way. Deliver the complete order with the sorted things. 

7 hours ago, emon_arefin said:

some confusing stuff

At least 70-80% of the stuff will be clear to complete the order.  

Just now, dilipkumarpaul said:

I didn't meant that way. Deliver the complete order with the sorted things.

1 minute ago, dilipkumarpaul said:

At least 70-80% of the stuff will be clear to complete the order.

Delivering 80% of what could be sorted, leaves a 20% without being done. This continues to be an incomplete work!

Again, NEVER deliver incomplete work unless you don't mind getting a warning!

If the deadline comes up and still the buyer is not back and also a new buyer for you. So I would like to advise you... Submit a request to the buyer to extend the project time. When he/she is back and will see and if accept the request then the project restart. It will not affect you any reputation.

Just now, wordpressdony said:

If the deadline comes up and still the buyer is not back and also a new buyer for you..... Submit a request to the buyer to extend the project time. When he/she is back and will see and if accept the request then the project restart. It will not affect you any reputation.

If the deadline arrives, and an extension is requested at that time -- for a buyer that has not responded -- then the order could still go late. The buyer has to agree to the extension, it doesn't automatically happen when requested. And ANY order that goes past the original deadline -- even before an extension is mutually agreed upon, is still a late delivery. The extension request has to be accepted by the buyer, before the deadline arrives, for the seller to avoid a late delivery.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:47 PM, jonbaas said:

Well then, that leaves trying to keep contacting him. Good luck.

Thanks. 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:36 PM, maitasun said:

If I were you, I would cancel. It will hurt less than having a late delivery.

Meanwhile, you could try asking for an extension. Now, what you should be clear about is that you must prevent the order from running late.

Which one will hamper most to my account - a. Late Delivery or b. Order cancelation ? The answer might be my solution. 

On 8/2/2021 at 5:20 PM, jonbaas said:

You know what I meant by 'Out of the world'.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:47 PM, dilipkumarpaul said:

Well, I'd suggest to work on the sorted things what you have.  Meanwhile if he respond you can ask for extension else deliver what you have done so far. I'd not suggest to cancel the order, it will def. impact on your stats. 

The problem is I can't continue without all the info. 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:50 PM, wpemployee said:

Try adding a request for extension for a larger period like 20-30 days. The client can accept when he is online. It is a difficult situation for everyone specially with covid 19. You never know when someone just gets infected and life can get upside down. So, sending a delivery extension request rather than canceling the order might not be a bad idea.

Thanks a lot for your kind suggestion. I will definitely remind your suggestion.  

On 8/2/2021 at 10:07 PM, maitasun said:

Thanks, I didn't know that before. 

On 8/2/2021 at 10:21 PM, dilipkumarpaul said:

I didn't meant that way. Deliver the complete order with the sorted things. At least 70-80% of the stuff will be clear to complete the order.  

As I already said I can't continue without the whole info. 🙁 

On 8/2/2021 at 10:40 PM, jonbaas said:

If the deadline arrives, and an extension is requested at that time -- for a buyer that has not responded -- then the order could still go late. The buyer has to agree to the extension, it doesn't automatically happen when requested. And ANY order that goes past the original deadline -- even before an extension is mutually agreed upon, is still a late delivery. The extension request has to be accepted by the buyer, before the deadline arrives, for the seller to avoid a late delivery.

Yes. That's what I also know. 

On 8/3/2021 at 2:39 AM, mickelboos said:

contact customer support. support cancel your order without effect your cancellation rate. I canceled 2 order last month

Thanks

On 8/3/2021 at 8:49 AM, ghazanfarkhaliq said:

I faced same problem, I'm also waiting

What would you do if the buyer won't show up before finishing the delivery time. 

36 minutes ago, emon_arefin said:

What would you do if the buyer won't show up before finishing the delivery time. 

Make a proposed extension (make it long enough so that there is time for feedback until the final output). Once the buyer is online he should accept it if you explained the reason why you need to extend the order.

8 hours ago, maitasun said:

@emon_arefin, why did you open a new thread asking the same? You were already given advice. Didn't you like the replies you got? Will you keep opening thread after thread each time you don't like the answers or don't get the one you want? 🤨

First I created a post on 'Improve My Gig' section. And there wasn't really any reply. But I need some suggestion from experienced person badly. That's why I create another post on 'Casual Conversation' section. And I couldn't find any option to delete this post. As a result we are now talking about this silly stuff. However sorry for the whole thing. 

9 hours ago, theratypist said:

Make a proposed extension (make it long enough so that there is time for feedback until the final output). Once the buyer is online he should accept it if you explained the reason why you need to extend the order.

Thanks for your suggestion. 

30 minutes ago, emon_arefin said:

I couldn't find any option to delete this post. As a result we are now talking about this silly stuff. However sorry for the whole thing. 

Press over the 3 dots that appear in the upper right corner of your first post and select "Report". Ask for this topic to be deleted.

Archived