Structure of the job market

Since the beginning of the pandemic an awful amount of new freelancer joined the platform flooding and saturating almost every category. Competion increased as the number of the new sellers trying to establish their reputation and earning some money. I was here before the pandemic but wasn't paying too much attention to my account but I surely noticed that few months later the beginning of the pandemic my orders were skyrocketing.

At the end of the day, I believe it's all about the capability to adapt and find new ways to survive. If you're struggling I can hear you. Don't give up and trying to reconsider your business's model.

• Like 25
  • Up 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 10:54 PM, alphagev said:

Since the beginning of the pandemic an awful amount of new freelancer joined the platform flooding and saturating almost every category. Competion increased as the number of the new sellers trying to establish their reputation and earning some money. I was here before the pandemic but wasn't paying too much attention to my account but I surely noticed that few months later the beginning of the pandemic my orders were skyrocketing.

At the end of the day, I believe it's all about the capability to adapt and find new ways to survive. If you're struggling I can hear you. Don't give up and trying to reconsider your business's model.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 4

On 8/3/2021 at 12:27 AM, sayeedakram said:

Is the Fiverr market place effected hugely by the pandemic? give your honest opinions please. Are you all getting orders frequently now like before the pandemic?

During an pandemic, some people benefit from their profession while others suffer. But yes, the pandemic affects the whole world, including Fiver.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, sayeedakram said:

I am not also here to impress your ass with a lame post for lame people like you who are good for nothing even in social platforms.

That's good, because you are not impressing anyone.  Maybe that snappy vocabulary, and winning attitude is why you have made ZERO sales in the year you've been here?  

• Up 13

11 minutes ago, newsmike said:

why you have made ZERO sales in the year you've been here?  

He's a digital marketer ..... and he has a translation gig from ENG -> SPANISH and GERMAN 😐

At least he is being honest here:

Languages

• English  - Basic
  • Spanish (Español) - Basic

@sayeedakram I'm afraid you won't get orders for your translation gig. Were you planning to use Google Translate to do that?

• Like 4
  • Up 6

Posted (edited)

It's obvious that we learn and from mistakes we learn and keep on learning. Even if I am serving in Fiverr for 5 years I will not consider myself as over experienced since I will learn many new things with changes in the next five years over here. But the main issue is not about making mistakes but if someone offends you with an unprofessional way then this is not my cup of tea to make regardless of the fact that I am still a fresher in this one year or anyone who enters the market recently.

I believe the only thing people lack in this mordern world is their perception for which the uneducated people are ruling in key areas of the world and the graduates or an holder of many degrees are still stucked finding their ultimate goal Mr Mike.

Edited by sayeedakram
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

For me personally, the pandemic had zero effect on me Fiverr-wise.
Luckily I did continue getting orders, but the amount of orders I got last year was pretty much the same as any year.
Still grateful though, of course.

I think you can always get orders as long as you have the right skills, whether there is a pandemic or not. 
Have the right skills, and know what you are doing.  It's actually quite simple when you write that in a sentence but sadly a lot of people don't understand what that means..

• Like 7

10 hours ago, sayeedakram said:

I believe the only thing people lack in this mordern world is their perception for which the uneducated people are ruling in key areas of the world and the graduates or an holder of many degrees are still stucked finding their ultimate goal Mr Mike.

Blarble , giggity goo. Goo?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 8/3/2021 at 12:27 AM, sayeedakram said:

Is the Fiverr market place effected hugely by the pandemic? give your honest opinions please. Are you all getting orders frequently now like before the pandemic?

It has huge effect due to the pandemic. 200% More Sellers and Buyers have came to Fiverr. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sayeedakram said:

It's obvious that we learn and from mistakes we learn and keep on learning.

I’m really tired of hearing it from people that offer services that they are not qualified to offer. 
Learning on mistakes if you showed up to a restaurant and it was closed. So you will learn your mistake and next time you will check upfront the working hours of the restaurant. But offering services that you are not good at is not learning on mistakes, it’s unethical, you are charging clients not to learn, they are paying you to solve their problems and not to deliver subpar work while you are “learning” 

• Like 5
  • Up 4

You can clearly see why I am using this bro, for maintaining professionalism I am not bound to digest offensive comment. Moreover some people dosen't even know how to express their dislikes in a platform like Fiverr bureaucracy is killing dignity and I wonder knowledge has no longer valuable in front of arrogance so this world is on it's own as it deserves.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I’m really tired of hearing it from people that offer services that they are not qualified to offer. 
Learning on mistakes if you showed up to a restaurant and it was closed. So you will learn your mistake and next time you will check upfront the working hours of the restaurant. But offering services that you are not good at is not learning on mistakes, it’s unethical, you are charging clients not to learn, they are paying you to solve their problems and not to deliver subpar work while you are “learning” 

So can you please tell me what are the unethical services or things I have included in my gig/ profile? Even I have a pro pic with my own face along with all the other personal details.But here I can see few with a profile picture of cartoons, so are they formal with their clients as well ?? so if you say I'm illegal I doubt your judgemental quality.

Edited by sayeedakram
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sayeedakram said:

So can you please tell me what are the unethical services or things I have included in my gig/ profile?

oh god, that's exactly what everyone else wrote in this topic. You are offering services that you are not qualified to do. 

You profile picture has nothing to do with it.

• Like 6
  • Up 4

3 hours ago, sayeedakram said:

You can clearly see why I am using this bro, for maintaining professionalism I am not bound to digest offensive comment. Moreover some people dosen't even know how to express their dislikes in a platform like Fiverr bureaucracy is killing dignity and I wonder knowledge has no longer valuable in front of arrogance so this world is on it's own as it deserves.

Decaf and Grammarly, in that order. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

But offering services that you are not good at is not learning on mistakes, it’s unethical, you are charging clients not to learn, they are paying you to solve their problems and not to deliver subpar work while you are “learning” 

Yes, I agree with @mariashtelle1.  You are seeking to cheat your buyer by learning on the job. 

3 hours ago, sayeedakram said:

So can you please tell me what are the unethical services or things I have included in my gig/ profile?

Your profile says this ⬇️

1302228064_ScreenShot2021-08-27at10_36_19AM.png.d86702f8a5defa0492da3330eee654a6.png

And you offer a gig that says this ⬇️

860872427_ScreenShot2021-08-27at10_35_57AM.thumb.png.b6728b190745b0b98d68ad0861e3abea.png

Are you fluent in 4 languages? Your profile does not indicate that. Plus there are translators of German and Spanish who participate in the Fiverr Forum. I challenge you to post 5 sentences in Spanish to prove you are proficient in doing so. Google Translate does not count.

I have proofread many articles that have been translated via google translate. Many times they do not make much sense unless I look up the synonyms for the incorrect words to see where google went wrong. 

You have not been hired to do any translations even after a year of offering your services on Fiverr because buyers are smart enough to realize that you are using google translate, which they can do themselves for free. 

I looked at your translation gig description. Merely by reading it a seller will know not to hire you because of your English writing skills.  

• Like 3
  • Up 6

Seriously I have no idea how I ( or us ) can get our point across to the OP.

It's unethical to provide gigs that you are not qualified for, while you clearly state in your gig description that you offer quality work.
If you are still in the process of learning, that's not being professional. True, there is plenty of room for improvement and you can always learn even if you are already a qualified professional but you need to be at a certain level to start selling here and sadly you are not there yet.
We are trying to point out that you are making a mistake here, and you only see that as an offensive comment. I just can't understand your thought process here.

4 hours ago, sayeedakram said:

Even I have a pro pic with my own face along with all the other personal details.But here I can see few with a profile picture of cartoons, so are they formal with their clients as well ??

It's nice that you are using you own face for your profile pic, but that doesn't make you professional. BTW as you can clearly see my profile pic is a cartoon drawing of myself. I don't think that make me unprofessional though. I'm a translator and an illustrator so the cartoon drawing shows who I am. Did you check out @vickiespencer? What about  @theratypist? They both use cartoon images and those images shows who they are in a playful and professional way. And they are both very successful clearly because they have the right skills.

• Like 4
  • Up 5