Fiverr gig ranking algorithm

destok

Question

52 minutes ago, destok said:

which algorithms fiverr maintain to rank a new gig in first page?

No one knows that. fiverr doesn't disclose how their algorithm works.

The only point that fiverr is sharing is your performance.

And anyone telling you "follow this 10 bullet points" or "follow these 3 tips and tricks" are lying to you. and I would really question any of those advices. So I'll just leave it with you. 

• Like 60
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2

4 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

No one knows that. fiverr doesn't disclose how their algorithm works.

Exactly! Everyone is just guessing. Also the search result is unique to each user. So if you are seeing a gig at top of the search result for a keyword, another user may not see that for the exact same keyword.

4 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

And anyone telling you "follow this 10 bullet points" or "follow these 3 tips and tricks" are lying to you. and I would really question any of those advices. So I'll just leave it with you. 

I could not agree more. What a seller can do is to create an eye-catching gig that intrigues a potential buyer to click on the gig when shown in the search result, then use all the details of the gig in the gig description and FAQ section, delivery exactly the advertised service when an order is made. Remember, the search result can only bring a potential buyer to you but it is you who turn the potential buyer into a buyer and retain him/her.

Good luck.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, ih_enan said:

You can Follow these 11 personally tested and successful tricks to rank Fiverr Gigs:

There is no set gig rank on Fiverr. That's not how the Fiverr search system works. Every searcher sees different search results, because the algorithm seeks to match the best gigs to the needs of each searcher, according to a variety of factors. There is no #1, #2, #3.... in the search system, thus, no way to rank up a gig.

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 3

Ranking well on Fiverr is much like ranking well on Google these days. It used to be on Google that you could game the system by keyword stuffing, backlink spamming, etc. These days, the best way to rank well on Google is to have a website that people like and enjoy coming back to, so it's really about having an excellent product that people like, not trying to game the system.

And it's the same on Fiverr. If you offer excellent service at a good price and try your best to give every customer a great experience, your ranking will rise. It might take a bit of time, but all good things come to those who wait. In the meantime, just make sure your gig title and description make it clear what you do and how you will do it.

So for a new gig, you're not likely to get a placement on the first page--at least not for any length of time, so make sure you're competitive on price, and go above and beyond on the orders you do get.

• Like 21
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Who exactly knows about it? No one know. 

But what you can do is:

1. Make your gig title, tags, image, description all good. 
  2. Offer unique service.
  3. Provide great customer service.
  4. Deliver quality work. 
  5. Avoid bad reviews and cancellation. 

Overall maintain an excellent performance. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

On 8/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, it_solution4 said:

Active more than 12 hours

Please stop spreading this nonsense.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:23 AM, arshadzamanbd said:

Thanks for sharing this valuable info.

On 10/7/2021 at 3:29 PM, arshadzamanbd said:

Very effective information. 

On 10/8/2021 at 1:21 AM, prottoy_rasul said:

Thanks a lot

On 10/7/2021 at 3:15 PM, mr_sabbir_khan said:

Thanks

On 10/7/2021 at 9:40 AM, uzzolhossin said:

thanks

On 10/7/2021 at 7:05 AM, israt_ayesha said:

Thanks for sharing good points.

Please stop spamming the forum!

• Like 15
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Ive changed my gig details, so improved the description, title images and even put the prices up... My impressions went up ten-fold, so who knows.

Ive also noticed that when I started, I was obviously new and struggle to get one customer, I had a break for a few months, I logged back in after a long time, (maybe added or changed gigs) and my impressions increased alot.

Another thing I notice is ive logged in just to speak to somebody like an old client, and got a surge of clicks and orders. So I think being active and online definately increases your gig visibility.

Saying all that, albeit there were many more factors that got some of my gigs up to second page, which include good reviews, on time orders, good gig SEO, being active on the platform and complying to the rules, creating a unique or more eye catching gig or service, clever and relevent keywords, it is all guess work but im sure fiverr would rank you hight if you did all the above and did them well..

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

important tip. dont use ANY photos on the internet that isnt yours. I provided a simple mascot gamer logo, as the the gig stated, the mascot ( a choice of) with their gamer tag. But because I put the template image to show what the customer was getting the following happene:

Oh, not only this but I made this gig on my first few times on fiverr, i was new and didnt know the rules about stock images, i didnt know.. i dont even use the gig at all, never had an order from it and quite frankly I forgot it existed. However I spent the last year building my reputation up on fiver and getting perfect feedback, reached a level 1 seller and suddenly (well, it took them about 2 years)... they are REVEIWING my account.

OK fair enough? Not really.. they disabled all 7 of my gigs for 1 stock photo waiting for a review. Its been over 5 WEEKS now, and still they are all disabled, no review. I have spoken to customer support a few times and they just tell me i got to wait.

So, if u use any image from the internet that is not yours, delete it! Or face WEEKS / MONTHS of damaged business. 

Sorry to vent this here, but it is a good tip and can save sellers HUNDREDS of dollars in missed business and opertunities!! 😞

Not happy

• Like 10
  • Up 1

Here's my insight to the tips on the first page

1. Get Your First Order ASAP = Probably important
2. Do Proper On-Page SEO of your Gig = Done, no noticeable improvement. Gigs still on last pages since 2019 (With rare first page during gig's promotion eligibility for days or weeks)
3. Add keywords to Gig Title = Done, no noticeable improvement
4. Add the right Keywords to Tags = Done, noticeable improvement
5. Add Keywords to description = Done, no noticeable improvement
6. Make trustworthy clients = I have regular clients who place big orders. No noticeable improvement
7. Increase your conversion rate = Could be improved I'm sure
8. Have a good Average Selling Rate = It's very good. No noticeable improvement
9. Become a Higher Level Seller = I have been level 2 for 9 years. No noticeable improvement
10. Promote your Gigs on Social Media = This does not work, unless you have a big following who is interested in your services. All SEO credit goes to Fiverr, not to your gig
11. Create multiple gigs in the same category = Done. No noticeable improvement
12. Complete Regular Orders = No noticeable improvement

I should also add

13. Maintain high ratings = No noticeable effect

14. Maintain low cancellation ratio = No noticeable effect

15. Maintain fast response time = No noticeable effect

16. Respond to all messages = No noticeable effect

17. Avoid late deliveries = No noticeable effect

18. Avoid warnings = No noticeable effect

19. Include gig videos = No noticeable effect

So Fiverr does not really do much to encourage any of the above, except to allow you to keep a higher level, but if your gigs are on the last page, there's really no difference if you're level 2 or level 0.

Edited by adsensewizard
  • Like 10

On 11/25/2021 at 1:44 AM, nspark21 said:

important tip. dont use ANY photos on the internet that isnt yours. I provided a simple mascot gamer logo, as the the gig stated, the mascot ( a choice of) with their gamer tag. But because I put the template image to show what the customer was getting the following happene:

Oh, not only this but I made this gig on my first few times on fiverr, i was new and didnt know the rules about stock images, i didnt know.. i dont even use the gig at all, never had an order from it and quite frankly I forgot it existed. However I spent the last year building my reputation up on fiver and getting perfect feedback, reached a level 1 seller and suddenly (well, it took them about 2 years)... they are REVEIWING my account.

OK fair enough? Not really.. they disabled all 7 of my gigs for 1 stock photo waiting for a review. Its been over 5 WEEKS now, and still they are all disabled, no review. I have spoken to customer support a few times and they just tell me i got to wait.

So, if u use any image from the internet that is not yours, delete it! Or face WEEKS / MONTHS of damaged business. 

Sorry to vent this here, but it is a good tip and can save sellers HUNDREDS of dollars in missed business and opertunities!! 😞

Not happy

UPDATE: STILL WAITING FOR A REVIEW. A FEW MONTHS WAITING!

I cant message anyone, reply to anyone, ive lost all my contacts on there, all my business.

I cant see me driving any traffic to fiverr in the future, why would I promote it seems its lost me so much money!

This may be goodbye!!!! 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

Anyone who has "figured out" the Fiverr algorithm could sell it for a lot of money. 

There are certain things that everyone can and should do - quick responses, on-time order delivery, social media posting, Buyer Requests, etc. But there is no magic formula.

I have been a Level 2 Seller for quite a while with steady orders from regular clients. Then, for no apparent reason everything stopped completely. No orders or messages for going on 3 months now. I've tried everything I can find to do and no change.

Also, FYI in case you didn't know, Fiverr also sends clients a private review for you after the job is completed that you the seller will never. But it MAJORLY affects your status, rank, and sales.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

On 4/21/2022 at 5:19 AM, proretoucher123 said:

1. Get Your First Order ASAP
2. Do Proper On-Page SEO of your Gig
3. Add keywords to Gig Title
4. Add the right Keywords to Tags
5. Add Keywords to description
6. Make trustworthy clients
7. Increase your conversion rate
8. Have a good Average Selling Rate
9. Become a Higher Level Seller
10. Promote your Gigs on Social Media
11. Create multiple gigs in the same category
12. Complete Regular Orders

You are right but I have followed all these things and still my account has been de-rank for seven months.  

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:51 AM, md_sajidur said:

Fiverr. algorithm no  one knows  their actual strategy . But it's  depend on many reasons . such as activity , rating , proper work, perfect profile and gig etc .

On 12/13/2021 at 1:08 PM, newsmike said:

Correct, most dietary supplements don't have an algorithm, but Fiverr does. 

You are right but you are also talking about Algorithm but it also happens on Fiverr but I don't think I have been working on Fiverr since 2018. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, shafain876 said:

fiverr does not disclose his algorithm

I have read everyone's comments all these things are waste because My account was de-ranked in January. Form January to July, I have completed a total of 151 orders. I have followed all the things but still my account did not come to the first page. Despite reading all the chats, I have searched that there is no issue of Algorithm because others are also sitting in the seller since I have come since 2018.  People's account has never been de-ranked. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, shafain876 said:

fiverr does not disclose his algorithm

The customers who are coming to me are being brought to Fiverr from my LinkedIn, yet Fiverr is not giving me a chance. My gig is still getting unqualified. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mirani958 said:

My gig is still getting unqualified. 

If your gig is getting unqualified for promotion then it’s a very strong hint that your performance dropped and that’s what affecting your gig ranking. 
Fiverr has a lot of hidden metrics and hidden reviews from your clients that can be very different from a public review they left for you and even one bad hidden review can affect your profile massively. 

• Like 4