Bad experience

samiaislam26

Tell him it is against Fiverr's terms of service for you to do another design for him without paying for it. You can not break the rules and it is not right for him to ask you. If he gives you a bad review for it, tell customer service. They will help you, especially since he already told you he liked it. In fact you know he liked it because he wants to work with you some more! He can ask someone else to make him a Facebook banner since you already gave him a source file. Once you are done talking to him, block him. Then never work with a customer who tries to get you to lower your price again. Any time they ask, you remember this and say no. Your work is too good for this. 

5 hours ago, zerlina84 said:

This is clearly a scammer trying to get as much as he can for free. I understand, but you shouldn't have agreed to do anything for $5 when your price is already so low... low prices attract abusers. 😞

If Fiverr already completed the first order automatically, he only has 10 days to leave a review, so keep stalling. If he insists on the revisions through inbox, keep asking questions until the 10 days have passed. Then block him immediately.

thank you for your kind suggestion 😄 I solved the issue with all of your help. 

On 8/1/2021 at 10:16 AM, samiaislam26 said:

An Indian buyer told me to make him a logo for $5 as he was unable to pay $10. I agreed because I barely get orders from fiverr. The order was very complicated. He gone through dozen of revisions as he wanted everything perfect. I patiently did everything for the sake of avoiding bad review. I understand it. Now he is telling me to do facebook cover as he is able to edit the file. Even though I have gave him all source file. He also said that he will pay me later for facebook cover as he did not have any money to pay me. He is continuously requesting me to make the cover. One more things, Fiverr automatically completed the order and the buyer was giving me revisions in inbox. He has not give any review yet and I am sacred if I get bad review. What should I do in this situation? ( I do know if this post violate fiverr rules, please pardon me) 

I have already had the same problem. My client gave me a project, I also finished it with my best. After finishing, I couldn't find the client. He hid himself. Even, the project was completed automatically. He gave me no reviews and no tips. He did not reply to my message.

1 minute ago, joysarkar43 said:

I have already had the same problem. My client gave me a project, I also finished it with my best. After finishing, I couldn't find the client. He hid himself. Even, the project was completed automatically. He gave me no reviews and no tips. He did not reply to my message.

After 10 days of completing the order, the buyer cannot give review anymore!!

One you've had a completed order with a buyer you're able to block them, so you could consider blocking him. This might also prevent him from leaving a bad review, although I'm not 100% of that. It might be worth checking with Fiverr support. But he is clearly trying to take advantage of you and I would avoid any future dealings with him.

You said you had completed and submitted the work? If that's the case. Pretend like you didn't go online and wait for 3 days, fiver will automatically approve your gig without reviews and ratings. I did that before, with a client. I submit my work to him, and he didn't reply or anything. But still, after three days, I got the money but without the ratings and the reviews.

Hello,

I'm glad to see this ended well and you got a positive review despite all the difficulties you experienced. I used to do the same as you and accepted works (even before joining Fiverr) for a very low budget mainly because I didn't have a lot of work and I tried to take all I could get no matter what. The backlash was awful, however, as I ended up working hard for days on something that was made practically for free. Now that you have completed the job and he left a 5 stars review, block him so that he can't order from you again, or just make it clear, with him and any other buyer, that your prices are fixed and if they can't afford them they can go somewhere else. I know this essentially means you could lose some potential jobs and income, but there are many things to consider like currency conversion should we leave in Europe (I do). We display our prices for a reason, I can't even count the times people messaged me and declared to have a limited budget expecting a $50 work offered for $20.

The hours and efforts we put into everything we do need to be compensated properly, discounts can be applied whenever we feel like it, sure, but we also have to value what we do. If you offer revisions, don't make them unlimited and charge the buyer once they consume the free ones included in your gig.
They sometimes like to spam the Revision button or ping you in private after the order completion for more. Again, if they already accepted the work and the free revisions have been done, send them a new custom offer with a set price for whatever else they may need.

Archived