Sellers: Who's The Most Famous Buyer You've Had?

khalifacyrusuk

If by famous you mean a "well known company", I'd have to say eToro or NordVPN. 

If by famous, you mean celebrity individual, then all I can say is that I've helped develop the nordic accent of a main cast member in the TV-series "Vikings" (but to protect the privacy of said individual I won't name him/her. 

I can say that we're still in contact today, though, since we had a lot of fun developing the characters way of speaking/intonation. 

15 minutes ago, smashradio said:

If by famous you mean a "well known company", I'd have to say eToro or NordVPN. 

If by famous, you mean celebrity individual, then all I can say is that I've helped develop the nordic accent of a main cast member in the TV-series "Vikings" (but to protect the privacy of said individual I won't name him/her. 

I can say that we're still in contact today, though, since we had a lot of fun developing the characters way of speaking/intonation. 

I absolutely do! That's fantastic, well done!

1 minute ago, alphagev said:

Really? I loved that show (at least seasons 1&2). So thanks for helping this mysterious character!

Cool! Yeah the first seasons were the best. It was fun because we had to work out a general accent that didn't sound like it came from any particular time or country. I think most of the actors did a very good job at that. They had dialect coaches on set, but there's no substitute for practice with a native "viking". :D 

A few years back I did a set of posters for a Polish band’s 20 years anniversary and halfway through the first order, I just started to get this weird feeling that the buyer’s face looked too familiar. The name sounded too familiar, too, and I just had to ask him if he happened to have bright red hair in early 00s. Because if he did, I had an uncomfortably large collection of magazines with his face on them in my parents’ attic. I’m not familiar with the Polish music scene as I’d collect the magazines for my US boybands poster needs but just by sheer amount of covers they’d been on, I’m assuming they are (or were) pretty big. 

Turns out, it was him. We had a bit of a laugh about how none of us is getting any younger and I had a blast working on the project. Still warms my heart. 

I also worked with a bunch of US comedians and musicians that I’d later see on youtube but I’m bad with remembering names. I hope they all get huge one day so I can show off, of course. 🙂 

On 8/1/2021 at 8:51 PM, lenasemenkova said:

A few years back I did a set of posters for a Polish band’s 20 years anniversary and halfway through the first order, I just started to get this weird feeling that the buyer’s face looked too familiar. The name sounded too familiar, too, and I just had to ask him if he happened to have bright red hair in early 00s. Because if he did, I had an uncomfortably large collection of magazines with his face on them in my parents’ attic. I’m not familiar with the Polish music scene as I’d collect the magazines for my US boybands poster needs but just by sheer amount of covers they’d been on, I’m assuming they are (or were) pretty big. 

Turns out, it was him. We had a bit of a laugh about how none of us is getting any younger and I had a blast working on the project. Still warms my heart. 

I also worked with a bunch of US comedians and musicians that I’d later see on youtube but I’m bad with remembering names. I hope they all get huge one day so I can show off, of course. 🙂 

Great story!!

On 8/1/2021 at 6:43 PM, khalifacyrusuk said:

Hey! 

Just a fun one - who's the most famous buyer/client that you've done an order for?

I've done some music videos for a couple big record labels (Defected Records and Armada Records), some famous DJs (Sam Divine and Roberto Surace) and American rapper Riff Raff!

Let me know yours!

you are so lucky 😍

Archived