The "God" thread

newsmike

OK, I am gonna go there. On Fiverr, you are supposed to be running a professional business. As such, we tend to keep politics out of our communications, both in gig descriptions and on the forum. I suggest that we do the same with religion.

I would never purchase a gig that says "I will edit your video through the grace of Jesus" or Allah, or Vishnu, or Yahweh, or Jehova, or any of the other hundreds of possible deities. Not that I have anything against religion, I actually find comfort in mine. I just find it unprofessional in business communications. 

From the huge amount of sellers who complain about not having sales, while constantly evoking God in each post, I would suggest that God does not ring the register. He may be a bit more concerned with pandemics, war, world hunger, the suffering of children and such, as opposed to getting you a buyer for your logo design gig.  

Improve your gigs, do worship God, but realize that God is not going to send you buyers on Fiverr. If that were true, everyone would simply give the big guy a shout out on the forum and magically the TRS badge would appear. 

Flames in 3...2....1   

Pray for me.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 31
  • Haha 1
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Flames in 3...2....1   

In my opinion, no one with a little bit of common sense left - and who still has some attention span to read and understand a post longer than 3 sentences - could say your're wrong.
It is nice to be able to meet so many different cultures and learn aspects of them, even religious ones. In fact, as you say, it's not about which god you're worshipping. I mean, if these people had a store would they shout of every customer a "thank God, a customer came in"?.
I hope not, because invoking divine help for anything seems like babysitting to me.

Disclaimer: it's my personal opinion no disrespect intended

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

It's perfectly fine to practice a certain religion, it's absolutely fine to pray/thank god for anything and asking for help every now and then.

I do personally think though, you should do what you gotta do first before praying etc. Do everything you can in your power, and once

that is cleared and you have no other options, then maybe you can ask for a little help from up above.

Ever since the earthquake tsunami disaster that hit Japan in 2011, I go to the temple almost every month and pray for the safety of my country because I personally cannot control mother nature. There's 8 million gods in Japan, I'd like to believe one of them would be willing to listen.

As for things going on here in Fiverrland, I won't ask god for help. How I do my business here is up to me.  Now IF for example I got this dream buyer who showers me with simple yet fun and high-priced gigs and tips be hundreds of dollars each and every single time, THEN I'm sure I'll be thanking the business and fortune gods.

Not sure what I'm trying to say here....oh well. You guys all know how I am.

I'm gonna steal @alphagev's disclaimer: it's my personal opinion no disrespect intended.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ahm_animations said:

Fact: Most of them are not even diligent in worship 🙄

That may be, but I feel that it is their business. I just get tired of every single reply to some posts being "Praise the Totem." image.png.ab9eb8b20a4a87deff9bbd6ba5505256.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

Just to fan the flames a little...

I disagree.

I would not be here had God not directed me to Fiverr as a means to earn extra money.

Nor would I be in business had God not shown me that I had skills I could turn into a career.

But, yah...I get your point.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, looseink said:

I would not be here had God not directed me to Fiverr as a means to earn extra money.

Good point.

I'd like to thank my dear friend because HE is the one who suggested Fiverr to me, he is the one who encouraged me to create an account, and Fiverr helped me earn extra money and boy did it help me a lot last year during lock down. So full credit goes to my friend. Having that said though, god, or a guardian angel, or the universe, whatever it is that people want to call it, brought me and my friend together 20-something years ago, so I guess I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that divine interference. It's not just Fiverr, he is a great person and a wonderful friend so I am grateful that I was able become friends with him so I need to thank god/angels/ the universe/ for sure.

I still won't pray for orders though.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just now, teramangala said:

Let us not forget that the God of each religion is supposed to represent the same force, whatever his name!

As a life-long religious scholar, I can state with confidence, that your statement is most definitely false. Religions have their own gods, they are not the same being. These varied gods may represent similar natural or supernatural concepts, but the deities themselves are very much not the same entity.

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

but the deities themselves are very much not the same entity.

Yeah, Kronos was kind of unpleasant. 

Kronos was the son of Ouranos, who turned out to be a cruel and unjust leader who was particularly awful to his wife and Kronos’s mother, Gaia. So, it didn’t take much for his mother to convince him of a cunning yet gruesome plan. A plan that led to Kronos castrating his father with the swing of a scythe!

Understandably, you don’t come away from an event like that unscathed and a rather traumatised Kronos was indeed worried that he would live out the same fate as his father. So, to ensure his children never had the chance to overpower him he swallowed them as soon as they were born! Castration, baby eating, it’s easy to see why Kronos is one of the worst Greek gods in mythology.

https://www.definitelygreece.com/worst-greek-gods/

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I both agree and disagree.  I don't have any religion on my Fiverr page or Fiverr communication, because I believe, like St. Paul said, in becoming all things to all people. I've designed books for Catholics and Satanists, people who are writing to tear down the patriarchy and people who are writing to build up white supremacy. (Really. yuck.) Spewing religious platitudes all over people who are just trying to hire you for a logo is stupid and bad business.

However - I do have some of my religion on my personal business website. Two small prayers, tastefully placed. And the reason I do that is not to convert people, but for the same reason I have a few family photos up there - to show people who I am. This gives them a way to connect with me. I've gotten a couple of really nice orders from people who just liked me because we have some religious beliefs in common. I've also had people hire me because they liked my pink hair or wanted to talk to me about my beagle or my kids or my Harry Potter house. Letting them see a real person is part of getting a sale. I can always tell they've actually researched me because they address me as Rach, and I have a comment on my about page on my website, and in the FAQs of one of my biggest gigs, that I like to be called Rach.

I don't know if I believe that God directed me specifically to Fiverr or not, (I believe in free will) but I do believe that he works everything together for my good, one way or another, and my business plan includes quantifiably more devotion of my time, skills, and profits to God as my business increases. When my husband fell suddenly sick last year and was no longer able to work, it was at a time when my orders had suddenly increased and his emergency hospitalization and surgery were exactly 30 days after I had been promoted to TRS. I was equipped to support my family at exactly the time when I needed it. And I'm very grateful for that. 

• Like 13
  • Up 1

• 1 year later...

Politics & religion is always non-discussion for me. And if someone feels comfi with Allah, Vishnu, Biden or who-ever and is selling a great gig, I will buy it anyway if I need it. And those 2 can be a niche as well. Think of all the holidays, celebrations, elections etc. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

26 minutes ago, sabbir_web57 said:

OK, I am gonna go there. On Fiverr, you are supposed to be running a professional business. As such, we tend to keep politics out of our communications, both in gig descriptions and on the forum. I suggest that we do the same with religion.

I would never purchase a gig that says "I will edit your video through the grace of Jesus" or Allah, or Vishnu, or Yahweh, or Jehova, or any of the other hundreds of possible deities. Not that I have anything against religion, I actually find comfort in mine. I just find it unprofessional in business communications. 

From the huge amount of sellers who complain about not having sales, while constantly evoking God in each post, I would suggest that God does not ring the register. He may be a bit more concerned with pandemics, war, world hunger, the suffering of children and such, as opposed to getting you a buyer for your logo design gig.  

Improve your gigs, do worship God, but realize that God is not going to send you buyers on Fiverr. If that were true, everyone would simply give the big guy a shout out on the forum and magically the TRS badge would appear. 

Hey Sabbir, I liked it much more when I wrote it. 

Congos you just won the forum "plagiarism badge" for stealing this entire post from me verbatim and starting a new thread with it. Just as you copied your gigs and description from ChatGPT. 

However, I'll give you a chance. How much to build a website exactly like this for me?

https://voice123.com/#how-to-search

Give me a good price and I'll order right away and post updates here for all to see.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Hey Sabbir, I liked it much more when I wrote it. 

Congos you just won the forum "plagiarism badge" for stealing this entire post from me verbatim and starting a new thread with it. Just as you copied your gigs and description from ChatGPT. 

However, I'll give you a chance. How much to build a website exactly like this for me?

https://voice123.com/#how-to-search

Give me a good price and I'll order right away and post updates here for all to see.

HA - I knew that all sounded familiar. Good lord... (whoops - sorry Mike)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sabbir_web57 said:

OK, I am gonna go there. On Fiverr, you are supposed to be running a professional business. As such, we tend to keep politics out of our communications, both in gig descriptions and on the forum. I suggest that we do the same with religion.

@sabbir_web57 by copying @newsmike post of July 31, 2021, you broke the first Fiverr Forum rule. I suggest you read them. 🤨 For your convenience, they are posted at the top of every Forum page!

1. Create unique posts. When starting a new discussion, ensure it differs from an existing thread. If you are asking a question or seeking information, use the search bar in the upper right-hand corner of each forum page to see if your post is unique. Ads, self-promotion, and posts with requests for sales or buyers are not allowed. Do not plagiarize or copy the forum posts of other members.

PS: You have been reported! 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2