Staying online 24 hrs

pasindukulasing

Question

21 answers to this question

8 hours ago, newsmike said:

Those would be impatient, flighty customers more concerned with rushing, than with quality. You can have them. 

yes, well, I prefer more relaxed customers of course, but this happened often. I made about 200 orders in few years. I can say 20% are those kind of customers.

Most points have been covered already, but one other thing to mention, your buyers want to know they can trust you. As soon as I see things like 'available 24 hours' or 'full money back guarantee' I steer well clear. These highlight a need to persuade. I would rather see an honest description that doesn't sound desperate.

There seem to be many vampires or other kinds of supernatural entities around who are able to "stay online stay active" twentyfour-seven.

Can't possibly be that they all use auto refreshers and risk an account warning or suspension, in the hope of catching a few very urgent last-minute buyers and thus having an advantage over their well-rested colleagues with well-crafted gigs, who are able to perform at their best while they are actually working and online, can it?

I don't think that it's good for both physical and mental health to sleep while on call-duty every night either, not even hospital doctors do that all the time, and at least, when they do, it probably serves a deeper purpose than helping a customer with their SEO or logo design, or whatever right there and then.

I've never left my phone notification sound on at night, and sometimes forget to turn it back on in the morning, too, and I've come far enough with that. There are much more important factors for success to work on IMO.

When someone tells you they are successful and they stay online 24 hours, that doesn't mean you will be successful too, if you emulate that one factor, by the way.

If person A applies that tactic and still can manage to convince a customer to order with them during a 3am chat, ripped out of their dollarful dreams, it might well be that person B who still has their phone in hand while falling asleep to be able to reply a minute faster than A, will get nothing out of it but a zombastic day and a topic for a forum post "buyer knocked me but didn't order". 

In case you have and work with a team on your account, sure, do shifts if you want to, why not.

To all others who preach in and to the twenty-four hour chorus ... Careful of stakes, silver bullets, and garlic, once your colleagues notice that too many of you are online around the clock for this cheap trick to work well enough ... 😉

And don't focus too much on "ranking", it's fleeting at best. There is no "twentyfour hours online rating", apart from having to reply to new people's first message within twentyfour hours.

Focus on the ratings that matter, and on your skills, both hard and soft skills, on how you present them and yourself. Make your gigs as relevant as possible for the buyers you want to reach out to you.

If your dream buyers are the ones who need everything done the day before yesterday because they can't manage their own time, possibly many of them resellers hounded by their own deadlines, sure, go ahead, stay always online, exploit yourself. 

If you're lucky enough to really only need four hours of uninterrupted sleep (some people who claim that, lie to themselves, though, so, be careful, observe, and be honest with yourself), maybe try at least the 20 hour approach instead of the 24 one.

Anyway, the above is just my personal advice and take on it, do what you want and have fun with it, as long as you don't harm others; it's your life, you decide.

8 hours ago, cre8iveartwork said:

how could you do that exactly ?

Well, you can't obviously stay always online, but if you keep with yourself the smartphone, even when you sleep, It's like being active for 24 hours. Keep your smartphone, so if a customer calls you, you can wake up and reply. Then go back to sleep. This is how I do anyway.

2 minutes ago, manuelmarino said:

yes, well, I prefer more relaxed customers of course, but this happened often. I made about 200 orders in few years. I can say 20% are those kind of customers.

Haha, the kind of people who insist on going into the movie house right away even if the movie has yet to start in an hour. But not to discredit some who really just might be in a rush! I've noticed a lot of them just want to be attended to first. 

2 hours ago, manuelmarino said:

There are customers giving the order to another professional if you don't reply in... let's say, 15 minutes or less.

Those would be impatient, flighty customers more concerned with rushing, than with quality. You can have them. 

7 minutes ago, pasindukulasing said:

Does staying online for 24 hrs affects affect gig ranking? and How?

As @newsmike just posted, it doesn't affect your gig "ranking", but it will affect either your health or your Fiverr account. And in both cases you'll lose.

1. Why your health? Because if you don't sleep, you'll get sick. Therefore, you won't be able to work, will have to spend money on meds/doctors, etc. Besides, how long do you think you can go without sleep? Not that much... Which takes me to the second option.

2. Why your Fiverr account? Because you can't stay forever without sleep. Therefore, you'll be tempted to use extension of all kinds to make you look as if you were online. That's cheating and Fiverr doesn't like cheaters. You'll get a warning, at best, if not banned.

Exactly. There is absolutely no connection.

Anyway, if you stay ready (I mean you are in front of your monitor, or with your smartphone next to your desk), you can reply in few minutes to requests from customers. There are customers giving the order to another professional if you don't reply in... let's say, 15 minutes or less.

If you don't like this stress, just don't consider my advice, and try yourself. There are customers waiting for you, and other ones more difficult to "hold on the fishing line".

If you don't need to sleep too many hours, why spending time watching a movie or drinking a beer? I suggest to focus on this job the most you can 😉

Gigs ranking and 24 hours active there are two different thing. First of all you have to need sleep 💤. and second thing create your gig properly and elegant and it's must rank search result and try to active Fiverr on your working hour.

1 minute ago, pasindukulasing said:

Does staying online for 24 hrs affects affect gig ranking? and How?

Not at all. But it is the most repeated piece of misinformation. When you see someone say that, you know they do not know how fiverr works. Just ignore them. 

Archived