Forum is sick.

blavaro

Don´t you think?

Users not following rules and/or standards may become forum masters because of that sick gaming with emojis, “thanks” responses and more. 

I don´t get it, ranking system just misleads the users and that´s the only outcome.

The value of vast majority of forum topics and posts is close to zero.

Forum admins, have a look at what´s going on here! It´s not fun at all. It´s boring chat with no benefit.

33 minutes ago, blavaro said:

Don´t you think?

Users not following rules and/or standards may become forum masters because of that sick gaming with emojis, “thanks” responses and more. 

I don´t get it, ranking system just misleads the users and that´s the only outcome.

Forum admins, have a look at what´s going on here! It´s not fun at all. It´s boring chat with no benefit.

Fully agree with you. Even in one post I said, I reached up to veteran Badge by replying this "Thanks" "Welcome" etc. 

When I said please use the given emojis instead of giving "Thanks" congratulations", in those comment some user quoted me by saying 'Thanks' 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 9:29 PM, blavaro said:

Don´t you think?

I think so...

On 7/30/2021 at 10:06 PM, shadiya646 said:

Fully agree with you. Even in one post I said, I reached up to veteran Badge by replying this "Thanks" "Welcome" etc. 

When I said please use the given emojis instead of giving "Thanks" congratulations", in those comment some user quoted me by saying 'Thanks' 🙂

@shadiya646 Thanks 😄😄😄😄

5 minutes ago, ligiacarvalho said:

I totally agree with you. It is discouraging to even come here to check what is going on. 

It feels like casual conversion leading this platform with the title of "Forum"
Sometimes I feel, the word "forum" is a spam word by itself in this platform!

Just now, seven_sign said:

It feels like casual conversion leading this platform with the title of "Forum"
Sometimes I feel, the word "forum" is a spam word by itself in this platform!

I think the problem goes beyond a "casual conversation." It is about the lack of proactivity from people who, instead of searching for an answer, decided to spam the forum with the same question over and over again. Not to mention the 
- I complete order number 3, 33, 333...
- Pray for me
- I received my review number 17.
And the list goes on and on. I wish the discussions could be more productive for everyone to improve.

And everyone keep replying there like 

1 minute ago, ligiacarvalho said:

I complete order number 3, 33, 333...

Congratulations!

Pray for me

Prayer prayer prayer

2 minutes ago, ligiacarvalho said:

I received my review number 17.

Congratulations

But the issue is if Fiverr remove casual conversation category! people will keep posting with another category label 😶

Even they are doing already!

I don't know what could be the best solution to sort out this scenario. 

5 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

But the issue is if Fiverr remove casual conversation category!

The casual conversation category was not removed. I don't think the issue is the category. The issue is  because people want to earn the Forum badges (most of them don't even know why) thinking that they will "rank" higher. That is why they reply with the non-sense, to earn points. They don't realize how amateur they look like, even when they self-proclaim an "expert."

The casual conversation category was not removed. I don't think the issue is the category. The issue is  because people want to earn the Forum badges (most of them don't even know why) thinking that they will "rank" higher. That is why they reply with the non-sense, to earn points. They don't realize how amateur they look like, even when they self-proclaim an "expert."

I think you hit the nail on the head... Fiverr is actively rewarding the spam with badges and levels and the newbies are racing to get them.. Some of them have reached hundreds of posts within a week of signing up

What could be the possible solution!

What if the badge system circulates with the maturity (age/duration) along with the activities

Where minimum number of letters and words condition applicable like gig title has - for getting activity points for badges! (also upvote from certain level of users)

Or may be activity points/scores only mentioned above.

What do you think of this? @blavaro @ligiacarvalho @drasnia ??

Are we rolling back to old system again?

I personally would allow anyone with over say 3 years or 5 years on fiverr to have moderating powers to delete spam or block users for repeat offences.   This way the burden wouldn't fall on limited people. There is always at least one long termer on the forum at all times

The spam seems limited to new sellers from the last year and new sign ups.

If fiverr aren't prepared to moderate the forum they should let the forum users moderate it themselves. 

The spammers would soon learn if they lost access to the forum for a month every time they ask for a prayer

12 minutes ago, drasnia said:

The spam seems limited to new sellers from the last year and new sign ups.

I feel posts are not headache. Headache is replies to their thread.
However, original thread and replies both are headache now.

Fiverr forum environment is not only for issues and serious discussion.
But obviously original threads like 

59 minutes ago, ligiacarvalho said:

- I complete order number 3, 33, 333...
- Pray for me
- I received my review number 17.

Can be removed or hidden or may have a limitation with number of replied to this types of thread or even not highlighted as unread to anyone for this types of thread or replies.

And like i said previously 

28 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

Where minimum number of letters and words condition applicable like gig title has - for getting activity points for badges! (also upvote from certain level of users)

And Yes I agree with your opinion 

20 minutes ago, drasnia said:

I personally would allow anyone with over say 3 years or 5 years on fiverr to have moderating powers to delete spam or block users for repeat offences.   This way the burden wouldn't fall on limited people. There is always at least one long termer on the forum at all times

20 minutes ago, drasnia said:

If fiverr aren't prepared to moderate the forum they should let the forum users moderate it themselves. 

To be honest I think the replies are what encourage the original posters to do it..

They see someone else do a spam post... and then they get congratulated 100 times for nothing

Then the next person who wants their ego stroking does the same

Its almost like they are seeking some kind of validation 

25 minutes ago, drasnia said:

The moderation itself looks like an issue as the feeling that I have is that the Forum was abandoned. I am not saying nobody is working behind the scenes, but the feeling is that when you report a post it takes forever until action is taken. 

The thing that gets me... I can deal with a pointless post if it had some kind of story with it or background...

But some of the threads literally contain nothing like the whole post is just .... congrats I got 1 order......

there was even one the other day who had made 0 sales....but was on the forum congratulating herself because her forum rank increased

Or this one its been going on for 6 weeks and he is still being congratulated today simply getting 3 orders and that is all

On 7/30/2021 at 4:29 PM, blavaro said:

Don´t you think?

I think we can have reactions that says "Helpful" or "Not helpful" to determine rank rather not just the number of contributions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived