Jump to content

What videos should I use if I want to offer subtitle services?


Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Okay, I haven't been successful with either translation or providing educational content. I will exhaust my skills now. So, I'll go subtitling now. Sorry for asking too much in the forums recently.

 

The thing is, I know how to make subtitles, but I don't know which videos I should use. I'm sure I cannot just download a video from the internet (or from YT) and make a subtitle out of it and show it in the gig page. Does the video have to be original? The original videos I own are those taken by my camera, and they are very personal. They are no different from those videos in your phone gallery, something you won't want to disclose. I don't have a YT channel either.

 

What should I do here? More specifically, what should I show in the gallery (stage 5) when creating the gig?

Edited by aronpacino
clarity
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, irshan_cool said:

If you are going to offer subtitle service then you no need to offer the video. You can offer only the subtitle file. Customer can add the subtitle to the video file from the video player.

Oh, okie then. What should I put to the "Gallery" section when creating the gig, then? (perhaps, that's the better way of phrasing the question)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

What should I put to the "Gallery" section when creating the gig, then? 

A video clip/thumbnail image with subtitle. Make sure the video/image is your own or free video/image to avoid copy write issues.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, aronpacino said:

What should I do here? More specifically, what should I show in the gallery (stage 5) when creating the gig?

You could go make some new videos with your phone that are not so personal. You are right that you can not just grab a video off the Internet and I wouldn't want to use my own personal videos, either.

Another suggestion would be to look around for someone you know who has videos in need of captioning, offer to do the service for the most basic gig price, and in return ask if you can use clips of their videos for your gallery. That would be a pretty cool way to do it. And who knows, maybe they'd hire you again in the future for a proper price 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, irshan_cool said:

 Make sure the video/image is your own or free video/image to avoid copy write issues.

Ah, yes, the problem is still there, but has taken the form of a photo. I really need to make my own video first. Thank you anyway.

Edited by aronpacino
wrong spelling
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

You could go make some new videos with your phone that are not so personal. You are right that you can not just grab a video off the Internet and I wouldn't want to use my own personal videos, either.

Another suggestion would be to look around for someone you know who has videos in need of captioning, offer to do the service for the most basic gig price, and in return ask if you can use clips of their videos for your gallery. That would be a pretty cool way to do it. And who knows, maybe they'd hire you again in the future for a proper price 🙂

nice tips

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Ah, yes, the problem is still there, but has taken the form of a photo. I really need to make my own video first. 

If making a own video is difficult for you, then you can download a suitable free stock video from net, there are millions of free stock videos around net you can find and use. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, irshan_cool said:

If making a own video is difficult for you, then you can download a suitable free stock video from net, there are millions of free stock videos around net you can find and use. 

Lots of good stock videos, but most of them don't need to be captioned, so they wouldn't help that much, I don't think. They tend to be things like nature scenes or videos of outdoors or cool renderings. @aronpacino really needs videos with people talking in them, unless I am misunderstanding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, irshan_cool said:

@rachelbostwick
Yes you are correct. Thats what i have mentioned as to find the suitable video. There are videos with people talking in them to match with his requirement.

Where would you find videos that like which are free to use? I don't know any place. I am sincerely curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, irshan_cool said:

I'll show you 1 example. Pls see the below link:
https://www.pexels.com/videos/

I use Pexels pretty regularly in my work. You don't see videos with conversations there. If you start scrolling down that list, the videos are silent. This is exactly what I mean. There are many, lovely, beautiful, useful videos there, but those are not the kind of videos that one can use as a sample for a caption gig. You are right that the internet is full of great free videos, but not for use by this seller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...