Tips for New Freelancers!!!

You are trying get some jobs from online marketplace and wish to be a freelancer ?

Like from #Upwork, #fiverr, #freelencers, #99designs, #toptal, #weworkremotely, #dribbble , #startupers, #authenticjobs #gigster #folyo, #creativemarket, #clarity, #behance, #guru, #peopleperhour, #smashingjobs etc?

Taking many courses to learn how to get the first job?

Some people/company promising you to give the training and the first job ??

You are in a kind of a trap !

They will do everything but might not just give you these points even though you paid them a hefty amount !

Either they don’t know or they intentionally ignores these !

Only a few steps will give you the first job, maybe not in the quickest time, but once you hit it, you will have a very good ground already making and don’t have to look back Insha-Allah.

1. Pick 1 category from the job sites you might feel most interested in. Also, check if that category has enough work recently offered. Priority is what is your interest, then the work availability!

2. Learn the basics fast in that category.

3. Search for similar job and check descriptions closely to understand what kind of work people are offering and practice yourself with those that you can serve those.

4. After 4-8 weeks, spending a minimum of 4 hours a day, you should get some job requirements for those 60-70 % matches with your capability. Start doing those even before you contact the buyer.

5. Complete that as soon as you can. Don’t panic. Double-check with requirements to be confirmed if you did what the buyer was looking for. If possible make it checked by someone else before you share it with the buyer.

Make it available that anyone can check.

6. Then contact the buyer saying,

” Hi, I think I did 60-70% of your project work already.

Can you please check if that is what you are looking for ?”

BOOM !

90% chance you will get a reply on that !

Most of the freelancers even don’t get a response as their profile is new compared to the 10s of other bids!

To be successful in #freelancing, You have to have #patience, #honesty, #tenacity and #proactively #timely #communication (English) !

Good Luck.

Let me know if you have any questions.

#outsourcing

• Like 19

29 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Wawawewa 

Your are not allowed to advertise your personal websites or sharing off fiverr contact details 

I see! Noted for future post.

• Like 6

On 7/28/2021 at 10:07 PM, mozammal said:

You are trying get some jobs from online marketplace and wish to be a freelancer ?

Like from #Upwork, #fiverr, #freelencers, #99designs, #toptal, #weworkremotely, #dribbble , #startupers, #authenticjobs #gigster #folyo, #creativemarket, #clarity, #behance, #guru, #peopleperhour, #smashingjobs etc?

Taking many courses to learn how to get the first job?

Some people/company promising you to give the training and the first job ??

You are in a kind of a trap !

They will do everything but might not just give you these points even though you paid them a hefty amount !

Either they don’t know or they intentionally ignores these !

Only a few steps will give you the first job, maybe not in the quickest time, but once you hit it, you will have a very good ground already making and don’t have to look back Insha-Allah.

1. Pick 1 category from the job sites you might feel most interested in. Also, check if that category has enough work recently offered. Priority is what is your interest, then the work availability!

2. Learn the basics fast in that category.

3. Search for similar job and check descriptions closely to understand what kind of work people are offering and practice yourself with those that you can serve those.

4. After 4-8 weeks, spending a minimum of 4 hours a day, you should get some job requirements for those 60-70 % matches with your capability. Start doing those even before you contact the buyer.

5. Complete that as soon as you can. Don’t panic. Double-check with requirements to be confirmed if you did what the buyer was looking for. If possible make it checked by someone else before you share it with the buyer.

BOOM !

Most of the freelancers even don’t get a response as their profile is new compared to the 10s of other bids!

To be successful in #freelancing, You have to have #patience, #honesty, #tenacity and #proactively #timely #communication (English) !

Good Luck.

Let me know if you have any questions.

#outsourcing

THANKS

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 4:07 AM, mozammal said:

BOOM !

Wait, what?! Are you trying to advise people to work for free? That's wrong on so many levels. 

First of all: you should never work for free, nor should you send your potential buyers "60-70%" of their project without getting paid for your time. 

If you have to do that, you're way off track when it comes to how you're presenting yourself, in my opinion. If you want a job at a company, you don't just walk into their office, sit down, do some work, then apply for the job. 

As a voice-over talent, I'm used to doing auditions for jobs. And that's fine. But I would never do "60-70% of the work" for an audition! I may read a line or two, perhaps even three, depending on the length of the script. 

But working without knowing you'll get paid? Maybe you'll land a couple of gigs, sure, but will they be lasting respectful relationships? I doubt it. 

Exposure doesn't pay the bills, and frankly, if I ever got "60-70%" of the work done for free, I would think this person is desperate. If they are desperate, they most likely aren't very good at what they do because if they were, the clients would be waiting in line to pay them for their work. 

So if you ever are going to do this, you better be sure that you're good at what you do (that means knowing a lot more than "the basics"), because I would look at your work with highly sceptical eyes.

And you better be sure that the person won't just take your word, say bye-bye, and go on their way with an almost finished, free project. The chance of wasting your time is high. 

At least that's my take on this. If you want to work for free, then, by all means, go right ahead. 

Oh, and one last piece of advice: if you want to succeed doing freelance work online, keep religion out of it. You risk alienating people by doing so. Remember: most of your buyers probably won't be a part of your religion, and most religious people (and even non-religious people) can be very touchy about the subject. :) 

• Up 1