How to avoid order cancellation

juan_adulf

On 7/28/2021 at 7:43 PM, juan_adulf said:

Yeah, I know this is an issue that most of us as a seller has tried to get through with overtime. And even if some clients can't get to be decisive with their choices, change their mind mid-project, or just want to be fraudulent, there are few things we can do to avoid order cancellations from genuine and well-meaning clients.

However, before I start, I will like to remind you that Fiverr just as a conventional working space is a business, and the more priority you place on it, the easier it is for you to get through successfully. Below are some tips to help you avoid order cancellations:

Disclaimer: This article is based on personal experience, and is not sponsored or attributed to a CS-supported system.

1. Communicate efficiently with your client: One thing I noticed is that when buyers contact sellers, they are always hesitant to get to the "can I send you a custom offer now?" And sometimes, do not even calm down to understand the job requirements. The first thing you should do is read carefully, note down vital points if possible, and analyze if it's a job you can render. It's one thing to read, and it's another to understand it. So you can do well to ask questions if you do not comprehend any point, but make sure you understand what the buyer is requesting.

2. Don't take jobs you can't do: Though not everyone is guilty, some sellers tend to take jobs they are very sure they can't deliver, maybe with the hope of outsourcing (not saying outsourcing is bad) but be sure to take a job you can adjust when revision is asked.

3. Start work on your projects ASAP: Sometimes staying on the system for days can be annoying and we want to just unwind and have fun. However, while having fun, still remember you have a business to run and it would affect you if your account has any issues one way or another. So once you receive an order, calm down and outline things you need to do, and make sure you tabulate them in easy to understand format in a craft sheet or whatever you call yourself You might not start immediately, but make sure you go a long way with the job before relaxing. Starting jobs early, help you deliver faster, and if you can deliver a job in 24 hours tell the buyer 48 hours, make sure to finish before 24 hours, so It gives you time to check for corrections before delivery.

4. Send samples: Though this point was supposed to be the first, it is important to note that just as your portfolio is important in helping you seal that deal, it is also relevant in helping you stay out of trouble. If you think a client isn't so satisfied with your communication, it is best to share your samples with them. And if you are a writer like myself; in situations when you've not written on a particular niche, trend or topic, ask them politely if you can write a 200-250 words sample so they see your writing style and check if you are a preferred seller for their project.

Finally, talk to your clients passionately and understand that just as you work into a supermarket to buy groceries for the family, these clients are humans too. And sometimes they can encounter issues that mess up their days like you, so when they approach you for help even when your project is closed, just treat them with kindness. Good luck and stay safe!🌞

Kind regards,

Juan_Adulf

Wow, it's too much informative.

8 hours ago, nasimamom said:

Develop you skill vast in your Niche to avoid Cancel.

Pro tip : if you face any conflict on your job then contact support.

Very True, but many times, your pro tip doesn't always work because the system prioritizes buyers over sellers. The best thing is to avoid it entirely. 

Archived