The horror *scream emoji* 24/7 online? Don't do it!

theratypist

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

I for one, feel that the $29 per month fee for seller plus should be mandatory for all sellers at a minimum.   It is a start.

There are many talented people that can't afford to pay $29 per month. So having a high price point as an entry fee will just encourage people to outsource and sell at a higher price here to avoid fees. So it's not really a solution.

On 7/28/2021 at 4:52 PM, theratypist said:

how to get unlimited orders

This is what confuses me the most. Getting “unlimited” orders is not enough. You have to actually deliver them, to maintain some semblance of quality, to respond to every inquiry in your inbox (and you’ll get bombarded by those is your gig exposure’s high enough). Yes, you can hire your entire family to help you but one of your aunts is going to screw up eventually. You can’t control them all. You’re going to screw up enough times for it to bite your behind.

Yes, I’ve seen some sellers with 10 000 + orders who casually get 10+ 1* reviews monthly and it’s not a problem at all because they just get drowned and the overall rating is still 4.9.  You have to be a genius at managing things and let’s be honest, 24/7 people are hardly geniuses. 

The entire approach gives me such an anxiety. I’ve crunched a lot when I was working in advertising and I’ve had a few periods of 5+ orders a day when fiverr featured me somewhere. You can’t maintain a pace like this long-term. Unless you’re selling templates where your only job is to press a single button and change the color. You’re going to crush and burn, be forced to take time off and eventually lose more money as a result. 

People are behaving like toddlers who demand unlimited ice cream, I swear. 

10 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

but one of your aunts is going to screw up eventually.

Wait til what Aunt Linda has to say about this! 😂

10 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

Getting “unlimited” orders is not enough.

It is likely the audience of the "how to get unlimited" order videos are the people who barely get any orders at all. That side of Youtube with "Fiverr gurus" has a looot of videos spreading misinformation going on. Teaching people to use auto-refreshers to stay online, etc.

10 minutes ago, theratypist said:

It is likely the audience of the "how to get unlimited" order videos are the people who barely get any orders at all. That side of Youtube with "Fiverr gurus" has a looot of videos spreading misinformation going on. Teaching people to use auto-refreshers to stay online, etc.

The "Fiverr Gurus" of YouTube would mostly be people who have spent limited or no time on the platform itself. They maybe just telling what the other YouTubers have told in their videos.

I like to see Fiverr competition videos on Youtube so while browsing that I came across a video which claimed that "10 easy ways to get orders on Fiverr" out of sheer curiosity I clicked the video there the person was saying that you have to spam the buyers if they also sell on fiverr It was a total waste of time honestly who would ask a person to spam buyers??

23 hours ago, theratypist said:

Wait til what Aunt Linda has to say about this!

Every time someone on here mentions that their family helps with running their fiverr business, I get horrifying flashbacks of one of my aunts trying to register a gmail account. What an unforgettable experience that was. 

23 hours ago, theratypist said:

spreading misinformation

I'm torn on this. On one hand, I feel somewhat obligated to go: "Don't do it, it's silly and doesn't work". On the other, people aggressively want to believe. Maybe let them. It's not like you can talk them out of the idea. 

On 8/1/2021 at 11:21 AM, lenasemenkova said:

You have to be a genius at managing things and let’s be honest, 24/7 people are hardly geniuses. 

Maybe those people have ascended to a higher ethereal plane, where they can survive slurping nitrogen from the air and do not require any food, sleep, rest or other silly commodities we, the mere mortals, like to have in our life.

On 7/28/2021 at 5:10 PM, gajuseidi said:

Some of the sellers on this platform make use of youtube tutorials in a quite a literal way. 😅

uuu.jpg

I'm happy to announce that those two sellers, as well as two more that I have noticed in my niche, are no longer part of fiverr platform. If you notice something similar on this platform, please do everyone a favor and use a report feature. Fiverr seems to be very fast in responding, especially if you can provide an original source from where the seller was "borrowing".

4 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

Maybe those people have ascended to a higher ethereal plane,

So I've watched a few of the videos. And the goal is no longer to trick an anxious buyer into thinking that you're online and available right this instant and forever. Now it's that *the algorithm* favors those who appear to be online always and forever. It's one stage deeper. We're appeasing the machine now, not humans with poor time management skills. 

Archived