The horror *scream emoji* 24/7 online? Don't do it!

theratypist

Since a lot of people have been referencing that Youtube has been spewing Fiverr wisdom about being 24/7 online............... I had to search it myself. 😱

Untitled.thumb.png.77d6d7d91af74fa0461ca6efe31f0690.png

That first result a video uploaded on May 25, 2021 discusses about "ranking first page", "increasing impressions to rank first page, "how to be 24/7 online" 

Don't do that guys, don't use an auto refresher. 

😱😱😱

1 minute ago, m4hmud said:

Thanks for sharing. So, ad-blockers is also may cause of problem?

That is what CS said as it may cause an issue. But basically using auto refreshers is a big issue because it seems like you are fooling people that you are online.

I was in that scam too. but after a few time i realised that its no actually work. if you will not get proper sleep and rest how will you provide your best!

but i am confused about auto refresher. though i am not using it. but some people say if it's on 8-10 min seeting it's not actually effect on account.

1 minute ago, web_laab said:

but i am confused about auto refresher. though i am not using it. but some people say if it's on 8-10 min seeting it's not actually effect on account.

Best to just use Fiverr normally. Focus on improving gig, effective marketing (if possible), good communication skills, timely responses, etc.

Just now, mariashtelle1 said:

Just after reading those “stay online advices” I immediately feel like taking a nap 🙈

Random side note, I felt like I opened Pandora's box after I discovered the many Youtube videos explaining how to get unlimited orders and easy money on Fiverr. Closed it and am not going into that rabbit hole again. I totally understand now how people have learned from these "Youtube gurus"... 🤣

3 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I love sleep and sleep loves me. Probably that’s why working in the office and waking up at 6am never really worked for me 😆

Congress-shulations! 

On 7/28/2021 at 9:07 AM, theratypist said:

Since a lot of people have been referencing that Youtube has been spewing Fiverr wisdom about being 24/7 online............... I had to search it myself. 😱

Untitled.thumb.png.77d6d7d91af74fa0461ca6efe31f0690.png

That first result a video uploaded on May 25, 2021 discusses about "ranking first page", "increasing impressions to rank first page, "how to be 24/7 online" 

Don't do that guys, don't use an auto refresher. 

Those who have so much intelligence in their heads will never believe it

7 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I discovered the many Youtube videos explaining how to get unlimited orders and easy money on Fiverr. Closed it and am not going into that rabbit hole again. I totally understand now how people have learned from these "Youtube gurus"... 🤣

Some of the sellers on this platform make use of youtube tutorials in a quite a literal way. 😅

uuu.jpg

29 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Other than you are being dishonest by making yourself appear online when you are not?

If I can reply instantly to my customers than it will be dishonest?

I think we can use tools for making life easier.

Why don't you love to stay always awake? It increases your rank, your orders, your height. I'm feeling c-c-c-calmer, can't you see? 

/sarcasm off

Seriously, don't take in account every piece of information you stumble upon. Think about it, use your brain cells! Nobody is gonna give you the success formula because - drum rolls - there isn't such thing on Earth. 

So use our beloved daylight hours to learn and develop some skills instead of trying to trick the system with harmful shortcuts. 

On 7/28/2021 at 11:41 AM, m4hmud said:

If I can reply instantly to my customers than it will be dishonest?

It is dishonest to make your self appear to be online when you are not. If a seller is willing to lie about their online status, they are most likely going to lie about many other things. 

6 minutes ago, newsmike said:

If a seller is willing to lie about their online status, they are most likely going to lie about many other things.

Agreed. Anything to make a quick buck. That's why there are 200k+ graphic designers on Fiverr, and I am pretty sure more than half are people using tools and templates to create generic stuff and which have no talent in this field. Same with writing and other fields. People lie just to make a quick buck, and I had a lot of customers that were disappointed by others coming to me.. so I know very well how many buyers feel...

27 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

People lie just to make a quick buck, and I had a lot of customers that were disappointed by others coming to me.. so I know very well how many buyers feel...

It is a reality that Fiverr must deal with, or eventually it becomes a liability as competitors arive (LinkedIn coming soon) who actually do vet their sellers, and/or charge a fee to sell. There sems to be a flood every day of low quality sellers who make profiles, copy others gigs and then hit the forum asking (in horrid English) for tricks to make quick money, and sharing dishonest methods to do so.

Fiverr will have to make decisions at some point. I for one, feel that the $29 per month fee for seller plus should be mandatory for all sellers at a minimum.   It is a start.

Archived