I got banned permanently from Fiverr here is how

I got permanently banned from using Fiverr platform then they figured oppsie it was a mistake [my problem is they didn't actually figure out this and they even didn't want to help at all!]

I'm attaching their mail, then SUPPORT TEAM support!, the conversation, and my success my manager mail down in the longer version!

SHORT STORY

Got a mail to inform me I'm banned from Fiverr permanently for trying to get payment outside of Fiverr!

Which a thing I've never did or even having anything to make them suspect this, I sent really frustrated messages to the support team (but truly they will never support you)

Ironically I'm on Fiverr plus program ,my manager sent me there is an event and they want to see me there (the no reply type of messages) but I'm banned so what?

I replied and told him I'm banned, same day they unbanned me and he told me I should have informed him earlier! what if I'm not Fiverr plus seller?!)

so you won't get help from Fiverr support team, is this normalization for their amazing helpful support?

LONGER VERSION

I was talking with a customer who is also a seller and we were talking about how he can expand and increase his work (bc I'm a marketer!) and I brought up "UPWORK" 2 weeks later I got banned, at first I didn't think of it but later I tell them I had a conversation with someone about upwork, is this the problem? and they tell me they can't answer this!

so I explain more for the SUPPORT TEAM this wasn't an offer to work together there, and they can read my messages, and they don't feel like reading it, so I'm banned and this is it, if I wasn't in Fiverr plus I wouldn't be in the platform anymore for an action I didn't commit!

THERE IS NO NEED TO CONTACT US! :classic_love:

932952520_thereisnoneedtocontactus!.png.e1670a8e186a37d15dc58b646db02346.png

I was frustrated don't judge me English grammar or the words picked :d

543920238_support1.png.685b449c2e01fc96ccba6ac2cd3b744f.png

1727295624_support2.png.b23c68c2646a86e82b89b4329c2e1f43.png

1840621383_support3.png.a3cc1ad6bd150d2a21b4cfe298954774.png

931114706_support4.thumb.png.eacfbe48445333bda094b5154ac7d254.png

213553963_support5.png.1217de1458ba10fd65e2de70089b7595.png

THE LOVELY SUPPORT TEAM DECIDED TO IGNORE ME INSTEAD OF HELPING <3

2115157344_support6.png.2b3ec0dfd27dc4d0ac9e7fd421e7566c.png

NORMAL conversation which doesn't violate Fiverr Terms of conditions, but they decided to ban me and not to check it out even after I've mention it

convo.thumb.png.48be74a9d9238dc40467a3aced1f4fae.png

success manager save the whole thing! but what if I was one of most seller which aren't in this program? is it okay just to be banned completely for a thing you even didn't do? the support team should have gone and read the messages! but they felt like lets ban him just in case VERY SUPPORTIVE tbh

tada.png.a74b7178bae1b591bd3353c077d28670.png

I wasn't that active on Fiverr or the forum for the last couple of months, and I got unbanned on 15th of July but I didn't have the energy to share this and I'm not even sure if I will continue being part of this community or not, but I feel other freelancers have the right to know this

4 hours ago, callyofficial said:

Fiverr is the only freelancing platform I use, but if it wasn't I would still avoid discussing any other platform on Fiverr. It's just asking for problems. I think your story is important for freelancers of multiple platforms to be aware of.

so if you're doing ads and someone comes to you to promote their website you won't do it? :d

It doesn't violate TOS I've never read terms of conditions before not even upworks but I read Fiverr and I knew I did nothing wrong, and you're saying you're just using Fiverr can you imagine getting banned for a thing you didn't do, and get 0 help from them! this is ridiculous, what if I wasn't a Fiverr plus seller, I wasn't on Fiverr in the last 2 months and I was thinking maybe I should cancel Fiverr plus subscription, if I've done this I wouldn't be writing this today  

4 hours ago, shadiya646 said:

You are a seller plus member so this time you get back your account. I'm thinking what about us like Normal user 🙂 There is nothing to do if we face something like that.

Yeah this is so stupid tbh, you won't get support unless you're paying them money.

the level of the cooperation of the support team is unbelievable I've mentioned the reason I may have got the ban for and they refused to put 3 min read for the conversation, this is why so many sellers get scammed and never get helped out, I've read so many stories about sellers get treated like shit but never thought I would be one 

12 hours ago, abdelrahman2341 said:

so if you're doing ads and someone comes to you to promote their website you won't do it? :d

It doesn't violate TOS I've never read terms of conditions before not even upworks but I read Fiverr and I knew I did nothing wrong, and you're saying you're just using Fiverr can you imagine getting banned for a thing you didn't do, and get 0 help from them! this is ridiculous, what if I wasn't a Fiverr plus seller, I wasn't on Fiverr in the last 2 months and I was thinking maybe I should cancel Fiverr plus subscription, if I've done this I wouldn't be writing this today  

Sorry if I've misunderstood, but what I meant was I wouldn't discuss the Upworks platform on Fiverr.

Thanks for sharing your complete story, it give a lot of lessons to many seller including me.

I am really impressed the way you delivered/ the way you convinced them. But from now, I start thinking on it, You are a seller plus member that is why they have listened and you replied you till the very end and, and after all your efforts, you have got your account back. I'm thinking what about us like Normal user! There is nothing to do if we face something like that.

I just recommend to everyone, never talk any kind of business or anything on fiver. Just do your job, accept the messages related to order, deliver it and babye! Do not consider it as your social media platform, just do you work and move forward, or if any one try to ask anything against it, first tell him its not allowed from fiverr, kindly follow it T&Cs, if it happens again, lets raise a flag before you get raised!

Highly impressed! Seeing 1st time, a user get back its account after the permanent ban.

This is because they use an automated crawler for things like this, it scans your messages and based on keywords flags your account.  It works some times but other times, it does not.  Something similar happened but not anywhere near as drastic.  I created a gig for teaching HTML/CSS and as usual, I wrote a very detailed description.  In the past I had been asked on MANY different times, to do THML homework assignments.  Knowing this ahead of time, I put, in all caps, THIS GIG IS NOT FOR DOING YOUR HOMEWORK, IT IS AGAINST FIVERR TERMS OF SERVICE.  Gig goes live, for 3 days, then I get a message saying it was deactivated for violating Terms of Service.  I knew right away what it was, opened a support ticket, asked the rep to view the gig and read it since the automatic crawler had just picked up the keyword "homework" and flagged it.  Gig was approved again.  Not even two days later, same thing happened.  Back to support I go and again, sorry you're right it's approved.  Happened again less than a week later.  This is utterly infuriating by this time, and I had to kick and scream to get them to finally solve the problem.  They don't follow up with a human being to make sure their automated scrapers are doing an accurate job.  It absolutely SUCKS for sellers that get into situations where support won't even listen to problems with THEIR systems.

6 hours ago, davehaertel said:

This is because they use an automated crawler for things like this, it scans your messages and based on keywords flags your account.  It works some times but other times, it does not.  Something similar happened but not anywhere near as drastic.  I created a gig for teaching HTML/CSS and as usual, I wrote a very detailed description.  In the past I had been asked on MANY different times, to do THML homework assignments.  Knowing this ahead of time, I put, in all caps, THIS GIG IS NOT FOR DOING YOUR HOMEWORK, IT IS AGAINST FIVERR TERMS OF SERVICE.  Gig goes live, for 3 days, then I get a message saying it was deactivated for violating Terms of Service.  I knew right away what it was, opened a support ticket, asked the rep to view the gig and read it since the automatic crawler had just picked up the keyword "homework" and flagged it.  Gig was approved again.  Not even two days later, same thing happened.  Back to support I go and again, sorry you're right it's approved.  Happened again less than a week later.  This is utterly infuriating by this time, and I had to kick and scream to get them to finally solve the problem.  They don't follow up with a human being to make sure their automated scrapers are doing an accurate job.  It absolutely SUCKS for sellers that get into situations where support won't even listen to problems with THEIR systems.

yeah I'm aware of this since every time I tell a customer you will pay for the ads from your credit card the message get flagged sometimes even they don't send it, but if they permanently ban you, at least they may put the 3 min effort to make sure their smart AI wasn't wrong!

On 7/27/2021 at 5:59 PM, abdelrahman2341 said:

I got permanently banned from using Fiverr platform then they figured oppsie it was a mistake [my problem is they didn't actually figure out this and they even didn't want to help at all!]

I'm attaching their mail, then SUPPORT TEAM support!, the conversation, and my success my manager mail down in the longer version!

SHORT STORY

Got a mail to inform me I'm banned from Fiverr permanently for trying to get payment outside of Fiverr!

Which a thing I've never did or even having anything to make them suspect this, I sent really frustrated messages to the support team (but truly they will never support you)

Ironically I'm on Fiverr plus program ,my manager sent me there is an event and they want to see me there (the no reply type of messages) but I'm banned so what?

I replied and told him I'm banned, same day they unbanned me and he told me I should have informed him earlier! what if I'm not Fiverr plus seller?!)

so you won't get help from Fiverr support team, is this normalization for their amazing helpful support?

LONGER VERSION

I was talking with a customer who is also a seller and we were talking about how he can expand and increase his work (bc I'm a marketer!) and I brought up "UPWORK" 2 weeks later I got banned, at first I didn't think of it but later I tell them I had a conversation with someone about upwork, is this the problem? and they tell me they can't answer this!

so I explain more for the SUPPORT TEAM this wasn't an offer to work together there, and they can read my messages, and they don't feel like reading it, so I'm banned and this is it, if I wasn't in Fiverr plus I wouldn't be in the platform anymore for an action I didn't commit!

THERE IS NO NEED TO CONTACT US! :classic_love:

932952520_thereisnoneedtocontactus!.png.e1670a8e186a37d15dc58b646db02346.png

I was frustrated don't judge me English grammar or the words picked :d

543920238_support1.png.685b449c2e01fc96ccba6ac2cd3b744f.png

1727295624_support2.png.b23c68c2646a86e82b89b4329c2e1f43.png

1840621383_support3.png.a3cc1ad6bd150d2a21b4cfe298954774.png

931114706_support4.thumb.png.eacfbe48445333bda094b5154ac7d254.png

213553963_support5.png.1217de1458ba10fd65e2de70089b7595.png

THE LOVELY SUPPORT TEAM DECIDED TO IGNORE ME INSTEAD OF HELPING ❤️

2115157344_support6.png.2b3ec0dfd27dc4d0ac9e7fd421e7566c.png

NORMAL conversation which doesn't violate Fiverr Terms of conditions, but they decided to ban me and not to check it out even after I've mention it

convo.thumb.png.48be74a9d9238dc40467a3aced1f4fae.png

success manager save the whole thing! but what if I was one of most seller which aren't in this program? is it okay just to be banned completely for a thing you even didn't do? the support team should have gone and read the messages! but they felt like lets ban him just in case VERY SUPPORTIVE tbh

tada.png.a74b7178bae1b591bd3353c077d28670.png

Fiverr is a marketplace where buyers and sellers connect together and discuss about the "business problems" end-up to the solutions. You can't talk about the platform which is in a same industry & providing same services in the market.

Fiverr has give you the platform to work with buyers ultimately convert them into a client.  so that you can earn some bucks.

Seems like, you're sitting in a Dominos, and asking them for a "PizzaHUt" Pizzas. Its bit confuse them.

I would suggest Keep away from this type of conversation & focusing on services could benefit you more to get connect with some potential buyers.

Also I appreciate you have shared the story here so that new coming freelancers know this thread & get over from it.

14 minutes ago, rakhi_dhar said:

Fiverr is a marketplace where buyers and sellers connect together and discuss about the "business problems" end-up to the solutions. You can't talk about the platform which is in a same industry & providing same services in the market.

Fiverr has give you the platform to work with buyers ultimately convert them into a client.  so that you can earn some bucks.

Seems like, you're sitting in a Dominos, and asking them for a "PizzaHUt" Pizzas. Its bit confuse them.

I would suggest Keep away from this type of conversation & focusing on services could benefit you more to get connect with some potential buyers.

Also I appreciate you have shared the story here so that new coming freelancers know this thread & get over from it.

Right

3 hours ago, rakhi_dhar said:

Obviously you didn't get the point, so let me tell you why you're 100% wrong and why this mentality isn't okay!

First thing first if I've violated any of their rules, especially the one they accused me doing, taking payment outside of the platform I wouldn't be here posting about this, they are the one reactivated my account and you can see in the screenshot when I asked for apology they give me one (An apology is an expression of regret or remorse for actions) so they understood they were wrong, its strange their support team did but you didn't.

Second your example doesn't make any sense and there is no relevant to my case and your example but just FYI all brands copy each other so in case someone in dominos asked for pizzahut type of pizza they will get very similar one to the pizzahut from dominos but I've no idea what does this has to do with me

Anyway, I'm working in marketing so in many cases I'd be asked to increase clients revenue, for this particular one, he was also a freelancer, and he was earning the most out of Fiverr and was working in artstation and needed to expand more so we talked about Upwork, telling me don't have this kind of conversations here means to have it out side of Fiverr when there is no need for that, sometimes you need to have calls with the clients but this one didn't need that.

It's okay to admit they made a mistake and I will continue having honest conversations with the clients depending on their needs not based on the algorithm needs, they should improve, and have a team to humanly check when such mistakes happens not the other way around 

5 hours ago, rakhi_dhar said:

You got it all wrong.

Its like they are sitting in dominos, eating dominos pizza and talking about the hut. They are eating and serving dominos pizza there, as a seller.

Archived