Translating websites without knowing coding/programming?

vivienkaaz

Question

Hello there, 

I just started a new gig for translating, and I have seen translators on here offering to translate websites, apps, and software. I also read online that you don't necessarily have to know coding to translate websites, but how do you go about that exactly? Can you do it with Google Sheets? Maybe by copying every word of the website into the spreadsheet and translate it? And would translating apps or software work the same way? 

Thanks in advance for your answers and patience!

2 answers to this question

Since this question isn’t really related to Fiverr, I would suggest moving it to the Casual Conversations.

Also, I don’t know much about translating websites, but you could probably do some research online or hire someone on Fiverr to do some research for you!

On 7/27/2021 at 6:57 PM, krheate said:

Since this question isn’t really related to Fiverr, I would suggest moving it to the Casual Conversations.

Also, I don’t know much about translating websites, but you could probably do some research online or hire someone on Fiverr to do some research for you!

Thank you, I'll ask again in Casual Conversations! 
I did try to research, but my search engine thinks that I want to translate a website's content automatically for myself, I really can't find anything about how translators manually translate websites...

• Like 1