Going through tough times

gajuseidi

I've never had major struggles in my life, so I don't want to pretend I completely understand, as perhaps I don't, but my life began significantly improving and has continued to do so, ever since I started to create healthy habits in my life, and most notably a morning routine. Practicing gratitude, smiling regularly (even when I don't feel like it), meditation, breath exercises, physical exercise, listening to self-improvement podcasts and audiobooks, healthy eating, positive self-talk, setting intentions throughout my day, good time management practice, and also making a conscious effort to stay calm throughout my day no matter what I'm dealing with, taking time out for myself whenever I need it and also prioritising family and friends. As time has gone on I've seen significant improvements in all areas of my life due to these healthy habits and I would highly recommend implementing your own healthy habits wherever you can. 

1 hour ago, teramangala said:

I also recommend meditation. For me it is Vipassana. (google it, they are free retreat in all countries)

Some may prefer less static methods such as qigong. Your best bet is to try a method and see what works for you. The benefit brought or not is felt from the first hour of practice in my opinion.

😁🙏

I will have a look at both methods. Thank you!

On 7/26/2021 at 5:04 AM, gajuseidi said:

I have a chronic sadness that I've been battling for a long time

It’s a tough place to be in and that’s great that you are realising it and sharing it with us. 
Its tough to get out of depression by yourself and if you can then you should see a therapist, depression is no joke and not just “sadness”

but in the meantime just remember than you are not alone and look for things that do cheer you up, even just small things like drinking a cup of coffee. 

hello, just my two cents. Normally we are slightly toward happiness, in our daily moods. Balanced but toward happiness. That way we appreciate sunsets, a breakfast and our girlfriend smile. In our valors scale, we should consider at the top friendly relationships with family, friends, and girlfriend. Material things should be at the last position. Consider this, you need just money to eat and live, but outside that, the most important thing is having important strong relationships. This is the real value of life. All the rest is useless.

4 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

It’s a tough place to be in and that’s great that you are realising it and sharing it with us. 
Its tough to get out of depression by yourself and if you can then you should see a therapist, depression is no joke and not just “sadness”

but in the meantime just remember than you are not alone and look for things that do cheer you up, even just small things like drinking a cup of coffee. 

It was raining today and now I can see a beautiful sunset from my window and the weather is very pleasantly breezy. It is a good day today. Thank you, Maria 😊

5 hours ago, manuelmarino said:

I add just this. Focus on improving your friends and family life. Focus on their problems and solve them. Bring them a smile, a gift, a hug. This will change how you see life.

Sadly, I cannot solve other people's problems while I'm still battling my own. But I'm moving forward, slowly, but there is progress. Thank you for your insights, Manuel.

36 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

Thinking of you. I hope that some of the advice you have been given will be helpful to you.

You have such a lovely smile and your contribution to the forum is much appreciated.

Take care. 🙂

There goes my emotional stability.. 😅 A warm thank you ❤️

8 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

The more I analyze my past and my surroundings, the more I agree with this statement.

Obviously I meant to say worthlessness, not worthiness. We're totally worthy! 🙂

8 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

Sometimes I do wish I was more "normal"

What's that?

1 minute ago, leannelrivers said:

Obviously I meant to say worthlessness, not worthiness. We're totally worthy! 🙂

Yes it's how I understood you 😊. That feeling worthless and hopeless for a long time is not a normal human state.

4 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

What's that?

Well, sometimes I have those silly thoughts of "why I always have to go all in or nothing" or "why do I have to feel everything in such sensitive way" or "why can't I just work a normal job, have normal hobbies and just, sort of, be normal". And even I understand that my sensitive way of experiencing the world is actually my virtue and one of my strengths, but sometimes it feels like it's a curse at the same time and my thoughts get clouded. If I feel something, I want to feel it fully, with being wholly aware of myself, being pure, in the moment, completely honest with myself, with my surroundings. This is why I chose to seek a career in arts as I found my outlet and way of expression in visual arts. But it's by no means an easy road and I knew it right in the beginning. I have no regrets about it at all, just sometimes it gets so tough that it almost feels like I'm overwhelmed and all the failures add up to one big bubble and I'm in that bubble, trying to gasp for air and get out. I will attach a drawing, a self-portrait to this message. This drawing is a creation that I am probably most proud of, but it should give you a sense of why I see my sensitive way of experiencing the world both a blessing and a curse. I sometimes cannot go without creating something that I feel very deeply about. But for a while now, I'm trying to focus fully on building a foundation under my feet, earning enough so that I could fully support myself and allow myself to freely create. This is a very tough stage in my life, but I'm trying to push through with everything I have. And I believe that one day, I will be able to say that I'm proud of myself. That I am happy with myself. That it was all worth it. I believe this day will come, but until then, I have to learn to live. And I'm hugely grateful for you and for all the people on here that were supportive, kind and gave great advice when I could really use it. I can't change everything at a flick of a switch, but I count every good day as a little victory. And today was a good day.

last-scan-(smaller-size).jpg

2 minutes ago, alphagev said:

As a narsus riteris (= brave knight) little by little you'll overcome and free yourself from judgment and fears. 
Hang in there! 🙂

I wish that the "like" reaction on fiverr forums would read as "love" reaction, because it sounds so much better and is a lot more accurate 😄 thank you for your supportive and kind thoughts, you visapusiškai gražus žmogus (=beautiful person) 😊

11 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

I will attach a drawing, a self-portrait to this message.

I LOVE the drawing! And how great to have a healthy outlet and expression for you feelings. It does have tough moments being an artist and a freelancer, but the resilience you build along the way is priceless. Allowing yourself to be sensitive is a strength, it's just about being grounded too because the world day to day isn't very sensitive. It's like being a walking, exposed nerve sometimes 🙂

I'm not going to go into detail but I'm in a very interesting but challenging stage of my own healing/becoming/growth/letting go of all the f*cks I've been waiting to give. I think some bloke in the bible said "Be in the world but not of the world."...or something like that. Because of my life choices professional and personal, I don't fit in with some paradigms and I'm often made aware of it by other helpful humans. And I'm sensitive about it and it bums me out sometimes. The I wonder if being "normal" would be easier and I don't think so, it's just different stuff in the rucksack. I just remind myself that I'm awesome as I am and step back from the drama. Be kind and gentle with yourself, it's a process!

2 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

It does have tough moments being an artist and a freelancer, but the resilience you build along the way is priceless

assuming you survive the onslaught of of ruthless challenges life likes to throw your way 😄

Allowing yourself to be sensitive is a strength, it's just about being grounded too because the world day to day isn't very sensitive

See, that's probably the hardest part for me. I do understand that one should seek balance in their life and keep it as much as possible, but I found the most success (the little success I have found) when I devote myself entirely to the process. When I do not compromise, seek for balance or be careful. Only when I give up all of myself, do I create something meaningful, something valuable and worthwhile. And a lot of the times it costs me. I am learning slowly how to handle my creative process in a more consistent and less destructive way.

I'm not going to go into detail but I'm in a very interesting but challenging stage of my own healing/becoming/growth/letting go of all the f*cks I've been waiting to give

We sometimes do give too much f*cks, don't we.. It's a good practice to try and manage that amount 😄

I'm awesome

I do have to agree with this statement 100% 😄

Archived