What category and subcategory should I assign to math?

aronpacino

TLDR: Read the sentence in bold

Hello, new seller here. I don't think translation services aren't the best way to start here. I've got people contacting me, saying "Hi", I reply, then they never respond again. It has been a rough start.

So, I'm trying to switch fields. I'm going to mathematics now. I intend to do online tutoring, but, I haven't got the hang of fiverr yet, and I don't know where I should conduct these tutoring sessions. Does fiverr have a classroom of its own or do I have to use zoom or gmeet? But, anyways, I don't have the right equipment yet. So I'm not in for tutoring if that's what would happen.

So I've decided to write worksheets instead, for those students and teachers who want to have some exercises adjusted to their level. This does not seem to fit in Lifestyle > Online Tutoring anymore. What category and subcategory should I assign to this gig instead?

• Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

If you do a search for "tutor maths":
* Most are in "online-tutoring"
* 2nd most are in lifestyle->other
* 3rd most are in programming & tech->other
* 4th most are in writing & translation->other
* 5th most are in writing & translation->Technical Writing

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, aronpacino said:

I'm going to mathematics now.

Be careful. Many students will contact you to do their homework which is against Fiverr's TOS. 

It is best to put in your gig description that you will not do assignments or homework for students. At any rate if a student does order from you, do not ask them for a cancellation and go right to customer service and ask them to cancel the order without it affecting your stats. 

• Like 10
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, vickiespencer said:

Be careful. Many students will contact you to do their homework which is against Fiverr's TOS.

Ah yes. I understand the TOS and thank you for the advice. I only think of doing worksheets with explanations though. Much like in the textbooks, but tailored according to their level. I would say that I would have different types of approach between a newbie high school student compared to a, let's say, a country representative for the IMO. I won't do any homework. They would tell me what topics they need, then I'll create sample problems and provide them solutions in order for them to have some insights and know how to do certain types of problems. It'd be like "indirect" tutoring. I can't do actual tutoring yet because of lack of equipment. I really planned to buy them once I've earned enough.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

lifestyle -> other

Seems like that's the second best option after online tutoring. I was thinking that I would be in "a wrong place" and my gig wouldn't be seen if I put it here. But it seems that it won't. Thanks!

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, aronpacino said:

I won't do any homework.

I do not either, but there are those students who will ask anyhow, or they will merely book your gig and attach a worksheet for you to do. Many are surprised when I tell them it is against TOS to do their homework. I cannot even proofread text for a student who does not have English as their first language. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aronpacino said:

Does fiverr have a classroom of its own or do I have to use zoom or gmeet?

Video calls on Fiverr are powered by Zoom.

I am not exactly sure how this goes about as I have not tried it myself, but if the subcategory your gig is listed falls under "Online Lessons" you can initiate a video call only through the order page. Worth exploring if ever you're pushing through with this.

You can read more here: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011062838-Video-Calls

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 11

• 11 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 6:26 PM, aronpacino said:

TLDR: Read the sentence in bold

Hello, new seller here. I don't think translation services aren't the best way to start here. I've got people contacting me, saying "Hi", I reply, then they never respond again. It has been a rough start.

So, I'm trying to switch fields. I'm going to mathematics now. I intend to do online tutoring, but, I haven't got the hang of fiverr yet, and I don't know where I should conduct these tutoring sessions. Does fiverr have a classroom of its own or do I have to use zoom or gmeet? But, anyways, I don't have the right equipment yet. So I'm not in for tutoring if that's what would happen.

So I've decided to write worksheets instead, for those students and teachers who want to have some exercises adjusted to their level, rather than as in https://edubirdie.com/do-my-math-homework, where they solve examples for you. This does not seem to fit in Lifestyle > Online Tutoring anymore. What category and subcategory should I assign to this gig instead?

At the moment there are many ready-made free tutorials on the same youtube with mathematics, so there is no point in making them. Becoming a personal tutor to prepare a student for something should be the best solution. And writing someone else's problems is even scarier, because there are a bunch of sites with them and the same generators of examples by parameters 

• Like 7