Is it safe to give a level one seller your website back in login details?

Just signed up and I'm looking to migrate my website from Wordpress to Wix, I am getting some quotes but sellers are asking for my login details.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mikeybee67 said:

Just signed up and I'm looking to migrate my website from Wordpress to Wix, I am getting some quotes but sellers are asking for my login details.

if you order in fiverr, then fiverr will give you secure, but if you do not order, fiver never gives you secure after the deal. if you order, fiver give you secure deal, then no seller can misbehave your deal

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mikeybee67 said:

but sellers are asking for my login details.

I guess this is needed so that your job request can be completed as you mentioned you need to migrate your website. Give the log-in details in the "order page" only when you've already made the order with the seller.

27 minutes ago, mikeybee67 said:

There is always a risk to anything. Just make sure to read previous reviews. For this situation, I suggest go with a seller with solid reviews regardless of level. And make sure the log in details you share isn't anything similar to any other accounts you have. Ultimately, trust your gut...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, "safe" doesn't depend on the seller's level, but on the seller's integrity, and skills.

Generally, sure, the higher the level, and the longer the seller already is on Fiverr, and the more good reviews, the safer, but a level 1 seller can be just as safe, unless you happen to pick a dud. Pay close attention to their profile, check their other Gigs, too, scroll through all their reviews (assuming it's not hundreds, or thousands, as a level 1 seller; else read back for a reasonable amount of time), ask relevant questions to see how they'll answer.

If you want to feel very safe, you could try to find a PRO or TRS seller with a price that matches your budget, apart from them typically being here for quite a while already, and having a track record, those are "more vetted" by Fiverr than levels 0-2, too. It sounds as if you posted a Buyer Request, as you say you're getting some quotes", PRO and TRS sellers often don't check the buyer requests, as they often are busy enough without, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the case that they are out of your budget, it depends. You can browse the relevant category, use filters, or search terms to find relevant Gigs, and contact sellers whose Gigs seem to indicate that they offer what you need for a price you're fine with. 

Generally, I'd say it's safe enough to try with a level 1 seller, but, personally, for anything I'd have to trust a seller with things like my logins, or very private information, I'd be extra cautious.

Maybe also first ask WP/Wix if there's a possibility to do the migration without giving someone else your login? Maybe there isn't, but asking won't hurt.

• Like 4

Usually website developers/designer needed login when website need to be live on your hosting and domain. You can change the password after completing the task.

I deployed hundereds of websites for my clients and It's our responsibility to keep the information of our clients safe. In your case, Seller is level one and earing the level 1 is not so easy as well. So, I think it's "SAFE" and NEEDED but it's totally depends on seller's integrity

Don't provide the login if order is not started yet. Also, if you can find a better seller with better level that will be fine and scure.

• Like 2

there will be risk in any case, but people, as a rule, want to make money. that is, hardly anyone will need your site if you are not a world famous brand. but the risk remains. it's just minimal.
  • Like 1

there will be risk in any case, but people, as a rule, want to make money. that is, hardly anyone will need your site if you are not a world famous brand. but the risk remains. it's just minimal.