Add an option for TEMPORARY discounts on Gigs

Here's a suggestion!

I'd like to propose adding temporary discounts/offers on Gigs; allowing sellers to offer a chosen percentage discount (e.g. 5%) on a Gig for a set period of time (e.g. 1 week). 

I've always found my sales to be either really high, or really low, usually dependent on the time of the month (e.g. around pay day). Therefore, there are likely to be periods where sellers aren't getting much work. For example, I'm sure that sellers on Fiverr as a whole receive less orders towards the end of the mont, before people typically have their pay day. 

Therefore, by allowing sellers to offer promotional discounts for a limited time, this would drive more revenue through Fiverr - whilst making a seller's month more consistent.

Whilst I'm aware you can simply edit a Gig - I have discovered that this is bad for impressions and this requires a manual change that has to be manually undone. 

Let me know your thoughts!

Interesting idea, I can see how sales or discounts work well on physical/digital products but having them on online services may be something study a bit more about. So far I am liking the idea of the Seller coupons you can give to select buyers that is available for users on Seller Plus: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017987397-Seller-Coupons-?segment=seller

55 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Interesting idea, I can see how sales or discounts work well on physical/digital products but having them on online services may be something study a bit more about. So far I am liking the idea of the Seller coupons you can give to select buyers that is available for users on Seller Plus: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017987397-Seller-Coupons-?segment=seller

Amazing! I actually didn't know this was a thing, I'll check this out!! Thanks very. much 😃

3 hours ago, theratypist said:

It's really good idea

On 7/25/2021 at 4:14 PM, khalifacyrusuk said:

Here's a suggestion!

I'd like to propose adding temporary discounts/offers on Gigs; allowing sellers to offer a chosen percentage discount (e.g. 5%) on a Gig for a set period of time (e.g. 1 week). 

I've always found my sales to be either really high, or really low, usually dependent on the time of the month (e.g. around pay day). Therefore, there are likely to be periods where sellers aren't getting much work. For example, I'm sure that sellers on Fiverr as a whole receive less orders towards the end of the mont, before people typically have their pay day. 

Therefore, by allowing sellers to offer promotional discounts for a limited time, this would drive more revenue through Fiverr - whilst making a seller's month more consistent.

Whilst I'm aware you can simply edit a Gig - I have discovered that this is bad for impressions and this requires a manual change that has to be manually undone. 

Let me know your thoughts!

This idea is really good. Everyone like discount. I think brings benefit.

Archived