Inbox response rate reducing for no reason?

Hi, so my Inbox Response Rate is reducing for some reason and I have no idea why. I've responded to every message that wasn't spam so I have no idea what's going on. Does anyone have a similar experience? 

• Like 2

You need to reply to spam/scam before you report and block the user(s), even if Fiverr tells you there's no need to do it.

A simple "no" will be enough and it will only take you a second.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Just now, maitasun said:

Your response rate has been already affected, so you lose nothing by replying to all the spam messages and reporting/blocking them back again.

That's the issue, it was down to 99% yesterday so I thought it might just have been a bug or something but then it hit 98% today so now I'm worried. 

Just now, maitasun said:

You will need to check how many messages you haven't replied to during these past 60 days and do your math. 😐

I think there was only one message that I personally marked as spam without responding. I'll reply to that one and see how it goes.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ssj1236 said:

Hi, so my Inbox Response Rate is reducing for some reason and I have no idea why. I've responded to every message that wasn't spam so I have no idea what's going on. Does anyone have a similar experience? 

It happened to me as well in the past... not sure what was the reason however since then I started to respond to spam messages as well...  saying that ' i can't help ' ... it never happened after that , not sure if it's related or not 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cre8iveartwork said:

It happened to me as well in the past... not sure what was the reason however since then I started to respond to spam messages as well...  saying that ' i can't help ' ... it never happened after that , not sure if it's related or not 

It does sound related. I just hope this doesn't get too bad. I've contacted support just in case. I'll probably do the same thing moving forward. Thank you for letting me know. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ssj1236 said:

Yes. If you have thoroughly checked and are sure there's no real reason, you can ask support, they are able to tell you the name of the person you (supposedly) didn't reply to.

Last time it happened to me, they told me a name, I checked my spam folder, and lo and behold, it was a message I had replied to, first, and then hit the spam button. Maybe I had replied too quickly for the system to register it? Who knows. I could prove I had replied to that spam message with a screenshot in any case, and they reset my response rate. 

One other time, it was two names of someone I knew I had replied to on the phone app, while outside, not spam message but actual enquiries, so I searched for the names, and saw my response only for one of the two names, my response to the second one apparently hadn't been registered by the system, maybe my mobile connection, I don't know. In that case, I couldn't prove that I had replied to that one message, so, yeah, bad luck.

I have a bad track record with just using the spam button without first replying, not just recently, so, like maitasun recommends, I send a quick response first, and only then click on "Spam".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is an excerpt from a reply I just got from support regarding a question about spam; judging from the last sentence, fishing spam out of the spam folder, replying, and marking it as spam again might be risky, too:

"Please know that reporting a message as spam is considered a response to a message. So if you receive an inappropriate or spammy message that you are unable to respond to, please report it within 24 hours. If the message is already reported as spam when you receive it, please **do not** try to respond to the message."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, miiila said:

Last time it happened to me, they told me a name, I checked my spam folder, and lo and behold, it was a message I had replied to, first, and then hit the spam button. Maybe I had replied too quickly for the system to register it? Who knows. I could prove I had replied to that spam message with a screenshot in any case, and they reset my response rate. 

Thanks for letting me know! I've contacted support so now I'm just waiting to hear back from them. My response rate is at 98% so I should be ok for now. 

• Like 1