Do messages from unavailable people effect response rate?

chrishyson

Question

I got a message yesterday from someone who is set to "unavailable" until Dec, and because of this I can't respond...I just get the "cannot send message" error. 

Will this mess with my response rate? 

On a side note, if someone is set unavailable and I can't message them, they shouldn't be able to send messages either imo. Also the error message should be more specific and tell users why we can't respond instead of just "can't send the message"

• Like 20
  • Sad 3

12 answers to this question

Hi I also faced kind of issues 2 times..

someone comes to my gig messages me and suddenly they set their profile as unavailable..

that's effecting my response rates..

I mean I can't reply him/her back until they set it as available.

anyone know how to stop lowering my response rates when this kind of situation arises in future??

or anyone know how to report community for this kind of issues??

• Like 16

On 7/24/2021 at 9:56 PM, chrishyson said:

I got a message yesterday from someone who is set to "unavailable" until Dec, and because of this I can't respond...I just get the "cannot send message" error. 

Will this mess with my response rate? 

On a side note, if someone is set unavailable and I can't message them, they shouldn't be able to send messages either imo. Also the error message should be more specific and tell users why we can't respond instead of just "can't send the message"

I also face this kind of problem.This is very bad behaviour and irritating also😔 Fiverr Need step against them badly.

• Like 15

Same thing happened to me a few minutes ago when someone messaged me regarding a project but they've set themselves to unavailable.

I reported their message immediately with the other options in "report" section and explained to fiverr that they are unavailable to answer back. As a precautionary measure I also blocked the client. Let's see how it turns out to be.

• Like 12

My response rate just dropped by 1%.

Two people have sent me messages and I have "report spam"ed them straight away and they went into my spam folder without my response. The customer service representative was able to tell me exactly who I hadn't replied to so that I could check.

I will admit that it is my fault for not responding to their initial text because I see the hallmarks of a spammer straight away.

In the future, I will always greet a spammer first before reporting him or her:classic_dry:

Edited by strategist_ceo
Clarity
  • Like 6