Fivver Buyer Ripped Off

greglewis517

I paid a Seller to market my ebook. He kept as for money and more money.  And he promised me that he could help me sell it. But haven't sold one ebook. I spent over 600 dollars. I tried to get my money back. But Fivver too his side. Saying that I accepted the orders. I explained  to Fivver that how can I not accept an order I cannot see. Meaning that unlike a writing or any other service, you cannot see the results of marketing until after you accept it. So Fivver is in Israel. You cannot have the United States to help you. Everyone should be skeptical of Fivver and be cautious of Sellers from other countries.

I have worked with many buyers and sellers from other countries and there are both good and bad ones (mostly good), just the same as in the US.

I don't believe someone should have to be any more cautious when working with someone outside their own country, than if they are working with someone within their own country.

Many times it is just a communication issue.
Most Fiverr sellers don't have English as a first language, however that does not mean they are ignorant.
Most certainly not!
Many have a great amount of intelligence and proof of that is in being able to communicate in multiple languages.

I can only speak one language.

When someone is communicating in a second language, it can come across as ignorant or uneducated, but most of the time that is not true.
If we were able to learn their language, they would be just as competent and knowledgeable (maybe more so) than the average English speaking American.

21 hours ago, theratypist said:

What enticed you to spend $600 with them and not a smaller order first? Does the seller have good feedback from previous buyers? 

He promised me that it would work but lied. He tricked me. Fivver took up his side. I'm angry about this. I'll never again trust any Seller on here. He said "I can market for you but I need more money and more money." That's how I got sucked in his Nigerian scam.

21 hours ago, davidstrongvo said:

I have worked with many buyers and sellers from other countries and there are both good and bad ones (mostly good), just the same as in the US.

I don't believe someone should have to be any more cautious when working with someone outside their own country, than if they are working with someone within their own country.

Many times it is just a communication issue.
Most Fiverr sellers don't have English as a first language, however that does not mean they are ignorant.
Most certainly not!
Many have a great amount of intelligence and proof of that is in being able to communicate in multiple languages.

I can only speak one language.

When someone is communicating in a second language, it can come across as ignorant or uneducated, but most of the time that is not true.
If we were able to learn their language, they would be just as competent and knowledgeable (maybe more so) than the average English speaking American.

The Seller was from Nigeria and he knew English well. He took advantage of me. The worst thing is Fivver supported him over me. Fivver is not in America so there's nothing I can do. The customer is not right in this company. 

37 minutes ago, greglewis517 said:

He promised me that it would work but lied. He tricked me. Fivver took up his side. I'm angry about this. I'll never again trust any Seller on here. He said "I can market for you but I need more money and more money." That's how I got sucked in his Nigerian scam.

I'm sorry this happened to you! I looked at the gig based on the buyer reviews on your profile, it looks like you've purchases from him several times. Did he show any proof that he was able to get the said traffic of a million for your ebook? I see that was what his gig promises. That kind of sounds suspicious to me, either he has a large following or is posting in several groups. The realistic one would be a large ad spend to expose your book to that many people. 

Under the prohibited servies on Fiverr (https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/prohibited-services)

Fake engagement and traffic

Followers, traffic, visitors, fans, views on social media platforms, or any other fake engagement on any platform.

Services that promise outcomes that are not in your control 

In certain instances, sellers may be tempted to promise outcomes of their service which is not in their control. For example, guaranteeing to restore your Amazon account or promising an exact amount of viewers for a Youtube video by its digital promotion. Please refrain from promising outcomes that are not in your control because it misleads buyers. 

23 hours ago, theratypist said:

I'm sorry this happened to you! I looked at the gig based on the buyer reviews on your profile, it looks like you've purchases from him several times. Did he show any proof that he was able to get the said traffic of a million for your ebook? I see that was what his gig promises. That kind of sounds suspicious to me, either he has a large following or is posting in several groups. The realistic one would be a large ad spend to expose your book to that many people. 

Under the prohibited servies on Fiverr (https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/prohibited-services)

Fake engagement and traffic

Followers, traffic, visitors, fans, views on social media platforms, or any other fake engagement on any platform.

Services that promise outcomes that are not in your control 

In certain instances, sellers may be tempted to promise outcomes of their service which is not in their control. For example, guaranteeing to restore your Amazon account or promising an exact amount of viewers for a Youtube video by its digital promotion. Please refrain from promising outcomes that are not in your control because it misleads buyers. 

Yes he did promised me. I have the proof on Fivver chat. He said that all I have to is open a store on Shopifly and I can sell my ebook on there. These people in foreign countries are getting away with murder and Fivver supports them. No one should trust Fivver or it's thieving foreign buyers. It violated it's on rule.

23 hours ago, sajol75 said:

This guy spoke english as well as I. He was crafty and stealth. Leading to lose hundreds of dollars. Do not trust them because Fivver promises are all lies to steal people money.

27 minutes ago, greglewis517 said:

These people in foreign countries are getting away with murder and Fivver supports them

Ok I think it’s too much of a stretch. Fiverr doesn’t support any of these. 
Fiverr is also based in the US, their headquarters are in Israel and the US. 

if he promised certain results then you can open new ticket with fiverr CS (but please be very factual and short, don’t write long messages). Attach screenshots of what he promised in his gig and that he did not deliver it therefore he violated fiverr TOS by delivering incomplete delivery and not according to his gig description. 
secondly if he indeed promised certain results from promotion then his gig might be violating fiverr TOS. 

Fiverr does not take sellers' side unless in a very seller-valid situation. If you contacted Fiverr and they said that they've nothing to do about it, probably you did misunderstand about the gig you ordered as a whole. Fiverr is very strict to the sellers thus usually refund buyers upon queries. 

Archived