Which words are forbidden to use on Fiverr when communicating?

queenmercedes

Question

As an excuse and explanation of my current busyness situation, I’ve said to my buyer that I have a lot of projects on Fiverr and I also have work outside of Fiverr (wow, many of us do!), but I’m doing my best to bring everything in time. My message is now being reviewed by T and S team. Fiverr, why are you so paranoid, is the word “outside” forbidden no matter what? I may work outside of Fiverr, outside of house, outside of the ■■■■ planet, what is so wrong with telling the client about that? Just do the “forbidden vocabulary”, so we know that we have to say it in another way. Ugh…

Just hope everything would be okay, I am so tired of searching for “right” words to explain the situations…

• Like 13

Whenever you type a certain 'trigger' word, Fiverr gives a little warning within the chat sending a little reminder why a particular word is not allowed. You can still send the word though. It's up to you if you choose to or not. I sometimes had to use a 'forbidden' word but I felt comfortable sending it since I wasn't using it in any harmful way. For example, I used the word 'money' within my communication to make clear I wasn't expecting a tip from a buyer and they shouldn't feel obligated to send one. 

If you really want to know all the words, you can probably go over the ToS to see the type of words Fiverr doesn't appreciate to be used. This includes words that could indicate outside communication (email/number etc) or words that can seem like you're asking or manipulating reviews (e.g. asking for a review in the chat). 

Hope this helped! 😄 

• Like 4

I used one today when I told a buyer to contact me in my inbox instead of on the order page. I got the red sign that I shouldn’t give my contact details. I changed the word “contact” to “message”.

contact
pay
paypal
money
email

those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I think ■■■■■ might be one too. That one must be really highly forbidden since it doesn’t even show up here. It’s that well used message system that starts with an “S”.

• Like 11

I used one today when I told a buyer to contact me in my inbox instead of on the order page. I got the red sign that I shouldn’t give my contact details. I changed the word “contact” to “message”.

contact

pay

paypal

money

email

those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I think ■■■■■ might be one too. That one must be really highly forbidden since it doesn’t even show up here. It’s that well used message system that starts with an “S”.

Yes, these situations are really annoying.

The worst here is that the message is not visible to my buyer and it contains the draft image. I’ve contacted CS with the question as well, since I haven’t violated ToS (can’t remember the rule of not-telling-that-you-are-working-somewhere-else).

Also sometimes Fiverr reacts to “USD” or “dollar” - when buyers asked me about currency (some have euros or canadian dollars, for example), I could hardly explain them everything. :\

• Like 4

Yes, these situations are really annoying.

The worst here is that the message is not visible to my buyer and it contains the draft image. I’ve contacted CS with the question as well, since I haven’t violated ToS (can’t remember the rule of not-telling-that-you-are-working-somewhere-else).

Also sometimes Fiverr reacts to “USD” or “dollar” - when buyers asked me about currency (some have euros or canadian dollars, for example), I could hardly explain them everything. :\

Never say you work someplace else. That’s a big one.

I think the phrase “outside of fiverr” might be one.

• Like 6

Never say you work someplace else. That’s a big one.

I think the phrase “outside of fiverr” might be one.

What’s so wrong with it? The sentence was: “Thank you for your patience and sorry that I’m not as fast as other artists here, got a lot of work outside of Fiverr as well”. How does it violates ToS?

Like, I understand that it may be automatically flagged, but I don’t see any reason to tell that it violates ToS.

• Like 3

What’s so wrong with it? The sentence was: “Thank you for your patience and sorry that I’m not as fast as other artists here, got a lot of work outside of Fiverr as well”. How does it violates ToS?

Like, I understand that it may be automatically flagged, but I don’t see any reason to tell that it violates ToS.

All of these are meant to keep sellers from trying to get paid some other way than through fiverr. So telling them you work in some other place might suggest to a buyer to hire you someplace else.

• Like 7

All of these are meant to keep sellers from trying to get paid some other way than through fiverr. So telling them you work in some other place might suggest to a buyer to hire you someplace else.

I see the logic, but in this situation it’s just weird. I can’t have a real-life business and I can’t tell about it because Fiverr may think I’m suggesting the buyers to hire me IRL when I live in Ukraine and the buyers are from USA or Australia? Lol.

• Like 2

I see the logic, but in this situation it’s just weird. I can’t have a real-life business and I can’t tell about it because Fiverr may think I’m suggesting the buyers to hire me IRL when I live in Ukraine and the buyers are from USA or Australia? Lol.

Why do you tell buyers that? What would stop people who contact you on fiverr from going directly to your business?

• Like 3

It’s not that. Many or most businesses don’t want to have their customers taken away from them.

I still don’t see how my IRL job which is not even connected with drawing or freelance services may take the customer away.

Still, I have contacted CS about it, since I care more about the message being invisible.

• Like 2

It’s all automatic flagging at the start. I used to say things like “… not allowed to link to outside work” and occasionally got put under review. It cleared up right away because, obviously, I’m not breaking the rules. I’m a bit paranoid about losing my account here, so I find other ways to say things. My schedule is full, Fiverr requires only on-site information, etc.

• Like 6

I’ve said something like

“I can’t give you my e-m-ail add-ress because we are not supposed to contact each other
outside Fiverr.”

and I’m sure I’ve used sentences like that several times ( and never got a warning), but after
reading about the “shouldn’t use the word outside Fiverr” in your messages, I switched over to
“we can only message each other using the message box here at Fiverr.”

So far, it’s working.

• Like 8

this is so true. one of my clients told me he got a warning because he used the word “proposal” in our convo. I’m a songwriter and at a time the lyrics i send to my buyers kept getting reviewed all the time i had to start sending them as files as opposed typing them in the chats (which most people prefer)

• Like 1

i have had this issue so many times i don’t bother about it. your message will be manually checked and approved so long as you didn’t do anything wrong.

• Like 1