Summer Fruits πŸ’ πŸ‘ πŸ‰

vickiespencer

1 hour ago, lenasemenkova said:

How do you call these in English?Β 

1 hour ago, lenasemenkova said:

UPD: Oh, it’s β€œbing cherries”

Nope it is not. In the mountain valley where I live bing, lambert and Rainer cherries are grown. Your image is of a Rainer cherry.Β th-2.jpeg.8e81290d6730f57cd4f3359854ea0f4b.jpegΒ Β 

15 hours ago, lilychinadancer said:

Β Pitaya, litchi, grape, longan, Hami melon, peach, wampee, or much more then 20 kind of differents

I had to look all of them up except the grape. We have a melon that looks like the Hami melon. The Pitaya looks like a dragon fruit that they sell in the exotic fruits section of our store. Oh, I just noticed you said peach. I just bought a box of them!Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, rd_emon said:

Amazing πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

What is amazing? This thread is NOT for short comments. I said that in my original post. You can share pictures of the fruits you like to eat in your country or talk about the fruits you like. If you do not, I will report your post as off topic! 🀨

12 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

we would get this amount of strawberries every weekend πŸ‘‡Β 

Those tiny ones taste the best!Β 

11 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

2.Β sea buckthorn

I have never eaten those. But I have bought beauty products that have se buckthorn it them. What do they taste like?Β 

Β 

11 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

honeysuckle

Honeysuckle has a fruit? I need to go checkout my neighbor's plants. I thought they were just flowers.Β 

@mariashtelle1Β What is the long purple berry?

Β 

I can see that I am berry deprived when it comes to what I have access to!Β 

9 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Rainer cherry

Looks like you have a single umbrella term for a fruit that is a cherry. And then there are types. We have two such terms: one for sour cherry (which is just β€œcherry”), one for a sweet cherry. Then there are types as well but no one really cares. You just get one or the other.Β 

I know now that Rainer cherry is my favourite. πŸ™‚

On 7/23/2021 at 10:17 PM, surajkartha said:

jackfruit,

We have a store that sells them in our town, but they are is huge! Once they sold them by cutting them into pieces. I really liked the taste of them. The taste reminded me of vanilla pudding.Β 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:17 PM, surajkartha said:

custard apple

Do they come in both yellow and green? Do they taste like custard?Β 

5 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Do they come in both yellow and green? Do they taste like custard?Β 

Am not sure if there is a yellow variant but the ones we get here have green exterior. The seeds are almost the same size as that of almonds except they're black and smooth with thin coating of the white fluffy layer which is what you have before spitting out the seed. The white coating is literally like having a dessert and yes tastes like custard. In that sense both jackfruit and custard apple are the same, you don't need dessert when these two are around hahaha

On 7/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, vickiespencer said:

Are they as big as they look? Do they have seeds?Β 

Yes, they are as big as they loo, and no seeds. We need to peel the skin off with our hands though, that's the bummer. It takes only a few seconds anyway, and it is SO worth it!!

Since no one has posted it yet, I'll post the cactus fruit. 😊

I don't know how you call it in English. We call it "tuna". The colour of its meat varies from almost white toΒ purple (without skipping green, yellow and orange), but they're all super sweet and juicy.Β πŸ˜‹

images.jpg.2a0e611600942e0512290614a62966c7.jpg

In Lithuania we got some native species of fruit, the most common would probably be apple and pear. If you go to the countryside, you're bound to find lots of trees of different species of those fruit. Sadly, A LOT of fruit in our markets are imported (bananas, oranges, watermelons, lemons and so on).

pears.jpg

apples_2811968_1920.0.jpg

55 minutes ago, maitasun said:

I don't know how you call it in English. We call it "tuna". The colour of its meat varies from almost white toΒ purple (without skipping green, yellow and orange), but they're all super sweet and juicy.Β πŸ˜‹

I've seen some camper on youtube preparing and eating wild cactus fruit. Seemed delicious! We don't get to see wild cacti in Lithuania, but they seem really exciting and look like an amazing snack. 😊

4 hours ago, maitasun said:

At first glance I thought you posted a pic of apples mounted on top of those cactuses πŸ˜‚

apricot.JPG.22786b9ef98342f1ad9bb162700eb590.JPG

Not native to my home, but I LOVE apricots. I grew up getting the dried ones semi-frequently, but only tasted fresh in recent years. They're my favorite fruit.

blueberry.JPG.c001f6e1839e32dd03ab4420e37f79f6.JPG

My home state (NJ) is known for high-bush blueberries grown down in the Pine Barrens (where the Jersey Devil lives!) They're amazing when picked ripe.

Archived