Automatic Love?

melanielm

The response icons have changed. The pleasant blue thumbs up has turned into bright pink love. Why? 

On other platforms, "love" is reserved for either an expression of caring ("I'm so sorry your pet is sick" type things) or something absolutely stupendous. It transcends 'thumbs up.' Now, there is a green "up" to choose, too. Does that elevate the associated comment in some way? What does "Up" mean?

I've seen a lot of complaints about the forum, but none about the icons (until this one). Call me stodgy, but I don't want to love everyone if they make a quality post.

Good eye @melanielm.  Thanks for the feedback. There was never a "thumbs up" here in this forum. You're correct in that it was blue, but it's always been a heart. Same with the last forum, it was a heart.  This is a pretty standard social media reaction (see Twitter) for something that you enjoy.  

I have added in a few others and changed the colors to better be "on brand" with Fiverr. Including the "up" if you wanted a different choice to interact with a post. 

Just one small step in making this forum the best it can be. 

47 minutes ago, mjensen415 said:

Just one small step in making this forum the best it can be.

Mr. Jensen, is there any possibility the up/down voting could be implemented in all the forum sections and not only for the Fiverr Questions?

19 minutes ago, mjensen415 said:

The "down" leads to too many negative interactions or trolling. 

How about the possibility to up vote certain posts but not down vote any posts. Then the helpful posts would rise to the top? 

I have been using the green up arrow as a sort of upvote since I found it. 😉

4 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

@mjensen415 I really am missing the congratulations emoji, even though we only had it for a short time.

3 hours ago, nadeemkhadim said:

Same me (because mostly people share stories or Congratulations emoji its helpful there !) 

OK, we can try it for a while. I brought it back.  It's just a purple trophy icon. Similar to the "thanks". If it's used a lot, I can search out a new icon for our designer to create. 

I can see the downside to offering up voting and down voting in standard forum threads.

In standard forums it is usually a conversation, so if the system started moving certain posts up and certain ones down, it would throw them out of order and could start to get confusing.

Thanks for the continued improvements @mjensen415👍

22 minutes ago, davidstrongvo said:

In standard forums it is usually a conversation, so if the system started moving certain posts up and certain ones down, it would throw them out of order and could start to get confusing.

That's true, but this Forum has a feature to sort posts by date and sort posts by upvotes!

5 hours ago, krheate said:

That's true, but this Forum has a feature to sort posts by date and sort posts by upvotes!

This is also true.
Although, upvotes supersedes the date sorting.
It has to be changed manually.

I sometimes catch myself getting confused when reading answers that have been upvoted on questions, when a post below was clearly written before.
Just my personal opinion, but I don't believe upvoting would be beneficial for general threads.

8 hours ago, davidstrongvo said:

I sometimes catch myself getting confused when reading answers that have been upvoted on questions, when a post below was clearly written before.

That’s happened to me too! Then I realize that it’s sorted by upvotes, so I have to change it to “sort by date” to understand what’s really happening.

I think the upvotes feature would be good in the questions categories like Fiverr FAQs, IMG, and MFG because that’s where most of the spam happens. It would be a little confusing for the other categories (like Casual Conversations) because those are mostly conversations that have to be read in order (like the Emoji Game).

26 minutes ago, krheate said:

Fiverr FAQs,

Also, Fiverr FAQs should probably have a pin answering "Why are my impressions going down?", "Why do I still not have an order?" because they are indeed FAQS..

Tips for Sellers also needs to be looked into.. At some point I got confused if it was a place to ask for a tip or a place to read tips. It has become more of a place to ask for tips.. Supposedly, the description for Tips for Sellers is "This category is for posts with original tips for sellers to utilize. If you want to ask for tips, please use Improve my Gig." 

Thank you guys for the continuous improvement in the forum. Onward and upward!

10 hours ago, theratypist said:

At some point I got confused if it was a place to ask for a tip or a place to read tips. It has become more of a place to ask for tips

Me too! For some reason, occasionally I see newbie sellers asking for tips on how to get their first order, etc. on the Tips for Sellers category.

In the old Forum, I would’ve just changed the category for them, but in the new Forum, that’s not an option. I usually just let them know that they’ve posted in the wrong category- sometimes they listen, sometimes they don’t. 

And yep, thank you Fiverr team- I like the new reactions!

On 7/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, mjensen415 said:

I brought it back.  It's just a purple trophy icon. Similar to the "thanks". If it's used a lot, I can search out a new icon for our designer to create. 

A confetti icon, perhaps? That one is cute and fun and shows friendliness.

Archived