Great way to avoid bad sellers.

newsmike

1. Check their reviews

2. Check the forum and see if they intentionally spread false or misleading information such as the "stay online always" folly. This has been debunked literally hundreds of times here. So if sellers are still saying these type of things they are either, not paying attention and do not posess the basic knowledge to properly function on Fiverr. Or, since no one can go without sleep, more than likely, discussing how to "appear" online always, essentially misrepresenting themselves to get orders.  That is plainly dishonest, and should warn you based on the simple dishonesty of it.

• Like 164
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2
  • Up 15
  • Thanks 8

21 hours ago, newsmike said:

1. Check their reviews

2. Check the forum and see if they intentionally spread false or misleading information such as the "stay online always" folly. This has been debunked literally hundreds of times here. So if sellers are still saying these type of things they are either, not paying attention and do not posess the basic knowledge to properly function on Fiverr. Or, since no one can go without sleep, more than likely, discussing how to "appear" online always, essentially misrepresenting themselves to get orders.  That is plainly dishonest, and should warn you based on the simple dishonesty of it.

i m not agree with you,,, if you always check the review then what will happened with the new seller whos dont have any review?

• Like 79
  • Sad 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, dev_dipto said:

i m not agree with you,,, if you always check the review then what will happened with the new seller whos dont have any review?

That was a general set of tips, of course buyers are always free to try new sellers. When you buy a product, do you not look at previous feedback from past buyers or even listen to feedback from friends and family? You tend to buy when you know it works.

• Like 78
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, dev_dipto said:

The question was how to avoid bad sellers. So my answer is valid. Now if the question were to become "How to help new sellers get reviews", you may want to start that thread. But the best way is to buy from experienced sellers with good reviews. 

• Like 66
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, nadeemkhadim said:

this is mean reason why we are say to new seller active maximum time on fiverr nothing more !

You are still wrong. Your example does not prove your point.  Using your "logic", you could also make the point that you have over 100 sales because your gig description has both vowels and consonants in it.  Here's a level 1 seller who is offline and has many more sales than you, and there are hundreds more.

https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/praxis-math/praxis-math-lessons/gtp--praxis-math--lessons--statistics-and-probability/a/gtp--praxis-math--article--correlation-and-causation--lesson

image.png.dfd2f592117e28805e4d14228c5641e3.png

• Like 62
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, valeriecoopcake said:

That explains why some sellers I see are marked as online, then when I send a message I get the 'they're offline, so it may be awhile' pop up!

I think it is a bug right now and everyone is appearing online! 😅 Not sure if it has been fixed. 

But yes, but does not need to be online all the time.

• Like 53
  • Sad 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ahasanahamed03 said:

For new seller what should they do?? Like new seller need reviews and they can't raise their price..

Of course you can raise your prices. What you really mean is, you don't feel like you can validate raising your prices to potential customers, and clearly showcasing the value of your service(s) at a higher price point.

If this is the case, you need to address why you feel like you're unable to charge more for what you offer, and it's not because you're a new seller.

Just because you're new doesn't mean you should be cheap. The majority of serious buyers that you will want to build long lasting business relationships with don't want to buy $5-$10 gigs at the lowest price points of your niche. Why? Because as with all things in the world, they believe they get what they pay for. How much you pay for something nearly always reflects on the quality of the product or service.

Being too cheap can actually have the opposite effect and completely put buyers off wanting to proceed with an order.
Imagine I offer to sell you a car for $10K, but you know for a fact I should be charging around $25K, the first thing you're going to be asking yourself and the person selling it is what is wrong with it to be so cheap.
The exact same principal applies as a seller on Fiverr. Even if your portfolio is excellent, you communicate well, the service you offer is fantastic, and you have all the basics right to present yourself and your gigs properly, buyers will question why someone so good, is so cheap, and believe that there must be something wrong for you not to not charge what you're worth.

Value yourself, your time, and your experience, and be confident in showcasing you're worth exactly how much you say you're worth.

• Like 53
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 3

On 10/22/2021 at 12:28 PM, ahasanahamed03 said:

I mean, those who are new sellers, they prefer review, for which they agree with the buyers for less money only for review.

That sounds like review manipulation. Like bribing your buyer to give you a good review if you charge them less than your usual price. And review manipulation of any kind is strictly forbidden.

If that's not what you meant, and if you actually meant that you keep your prices ridiculously low hoping to attract buyers who'd give you great reviews, it's risky. Those who are looking for the cheapest of the cheap can be awful to work with. 

• Like 83
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 4

The 'raise your price' point is interesting. Although I'm a new seller on fiverr (not in the business though, I'm a top-rated freelancer on another platform) and have only made 9 sales so far. My lowest price is 20 but all my sales so far came through custom offers and my average sales price is 60$. But the main point is that I deliver quality product/s.  

My niche is writing. 

• Like 48
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, ahasanahamed03 said:

I think you didn't understand! I mean, those who are new sellers, they prefer review, for which they agree with the buyers for less money only for review.

No, I understood completely.  I sometimes forget that sarcasm only works in English.  I was pointing out that if you are too scared to raise your prices, then maybe you are too timid to compete in the roller derby of business that is Fiverr.

• Like 60
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 3

On 7/23/2021 at 1:37 AM, newsmike said:

1. Check their reviews

Yes, it's true and I read your all on replies in this post. You said answer everyone question with ethic and logic. That's super appreciative works ever.

• Like 50
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yes you are may be right But when a person don't get food with out money For that he or she try to find work 24 hours so that she can buy some food for some own and her family. So some people work here like me. But unfortunately i don't get a big work in Fiverr. So that I can live comfort. I never compromise my work quality my pass buyer said on my work rating. so I try to active here 18 hours.

Thank you. 

• Like 51
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 2:09 PM, joshnadin said:

you need to address why you feel like you're unable to charge more for what you offer,

Some sellers come here without any knowledge of freelancing. They set up shop according to a guru they saw on YouTube such as background removal.

I wouldn't hire a newbie for that. I'd hire one of my experienced, tried & true sellers in the photoshop category. Which goes back to $5 for 10 removal in hopes of getting orders. If they don't use good software or free software, it looks awful with jagged edges.

Some people can't raise prices because they have no expertise, hence, justifiably no confidence.

I think sellers should charge what they are worth for the country & city they live. 

• Like 63
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 4

• 1 year later...

Hello!
I just want to remind about Help Center.
When you looking for Your Best Seller you can whach their previously works(examples) ,rate and reviews! Also you can see in describtion their suggestion! That's index!
If you think thet your order do NOT correspond of the quality of examples, that you get a potboiler, you can alwase text to Help Center.
I wish your not to meet a bad sellers😉

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1