Status Update Notifications

Hi. I don't quite get the logic behind the Status Update notifications. 

What I'd expect, when clicking on a Status Update notification regarding person A, a person I follow: to arrive on their status page, or profile, or whatever it's called.

Which happens, but what also happens: I click on a Status Update regarding person A, but arrive on the status page of person B, another person I follow, or even on the page of person C, a person I do not follow, apparently because person A posted something on B's or C's status page.

Is there a way to get Status Update notifications only when person A posts something on their own (A's) page, or is the above the expected and wanted result?

• Like 7

Haha, no idea, sorry. I got tons of notifications by default, and worked my way down to not as many, but still too many 🙂

I also lost some notifications that I would have liked to keep in the process, while still getting some kind that I don't want, but there didn't seem to be a way to fine-tune it or I didn't manage to find it yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theratypist said:

Sort of related question: How does one get a status update notification?

You should be getting a notification every time someone you follow posts a topic or posts a status update. If not, I would probably check to see if that’s turned off in your notification settings!  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, krheate said:

You should be getting a notification every time someone you follow posts a topic or posts a status update

Oh my! I finally found it now thank you 😂 -- Was this not turned on by default? I feel like I'm the only one experiencing this. I swear I didn't tinker with any notification preferences. I had to manually check into people's profiles if they post status updates (and realized half way what was the point of following if there is no automatic way to see their status updates lol)

6 hours ago, theratypist said:

Oh my! I finally found it now thank you 😂 

Haha no problem! 😁

6 hours ago, theratypist said:

Was this not turned on by default?

Mine was turned on by default, but it got overwhelming to scroll through all the notifications of whenever someone posted, so I turned it off. And then people started using status updates, and I realized I was missing out on most of them because I had to manually check! 😅 

I have the notifications back on now, so now I can see whenever someone posts or replies to a status update!

• Like 2