Sellers: What Computer Do You Use?

khalifacyrusuk

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dear spouse built my PC for me four years ago. He's the hardware guy and I'm the software girl so I don't even remember what processor he built it with except that it's an Intel and it was top of the line when he built it for me. I've got 16 gb of ram and a crappy onboard video card because (true story, I swear) our aging beagle dog lifted his leg to my PC and only broke the video card. Now replacement ones are so hard to come by. Needless to say the tower, huge as it is, sits on my desk now.  Recently upgraded to a SSD hard drive for my operating system when the old hard drive died, recently upgraded my PCI express wireless card because the antennas broke.

Basically, I'm running my business on a homemade Frankenstein. I'm due for an upgrade. 

There was a year there, when things were painfully unstable at home, where I was running Photoshop on a Windows surface - not even a pro. It was awful but I do miss the touchscreen sometimes.

8 hours ago, rickyrickk001 said:

I use Asus Zenbook  14🤭

And how do you like it? Is the screen big enough for what you do? Would you prefer a bigger screen on your next laptop, or do you prefer smaller size and lower weight to a bigger screen? 

I am running an i7-9700K, 32 ram, 2 Tb SSD, 4 TB HDD, 8 TB external HDD, 1080Ti FTW3, triple monitors, razer cynosa keyboard and cooler master mouse, and a mini wacom. I am waiting for the perfect moment to change my setup, I need the new ryzen with at least 64 ram, if not 128, and I aim to put my hands on a 3080Ti.

I use an MSI ge 75 raider with 32gb ram, 512 SSD, 1024 HDD, i7, an nvidea RTX video card, an extra monitor and a pen display tablet for my 2d animation jobs. I used a hp pavillion laptop which served me for quite some years before upgrading to the former.

1 hour ago, chubitoons said:

an extra monitor

I added an external 27" monitor to my laptop last week, should have done that much earlier. The downside is that I now have to use my old external keyboard again, and it's not even a bad keyboard, from Razer, but compared to my MSI laptop's steelseries keyboard, it is bad, and annoyingly loud. I guess, now I'll have to look for a new keyboard too ... that does have a name even, what's it called ... ah, right, the Diderot effect.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:48 PM, theratypist said:

What can you say with regards to you experience between Mac and Dell? I just use Dell XPS 13. I have thought of going with Mac but I am so used to Windows 🙂 

The XPS range are really good. They are one of the few windows laptops I've used that I think can compete with Mac laptops in terms of performance and usability. 

PC:   

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Intel Core i9 10900K @ 3.70GHz
    32.0GB Dual-Channel RAM
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING (LGA1200) 
    LG HDR WFHD (2560x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 (ZOTAC International)
    931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1SB102 (SATA )
    232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD))
    465GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB (NVME (SSD))

As a voice-over studio, I'm using a Whisper Room® custom isolated and treated booth, Røde NT1/Røde Broadcaster or Neumann TLM103 microphone (depending on the job, I mostly prefer my Røde Broadcaster), a Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen USB interface, and Adobe Audition as a DAW (digital audio workstation). 

For translations I simply use Microsoft Word for the most part. 

I'm using HP pavillion g6 laptop since 2011. with 1gb radeon graphic, 3gb RAM, 500 gb harddisk. Processor itel core i3, WD passport 500gb external HDD for backup.

Thinking to upgrade with gaming laptop. 🙂 

On 7/22/2021 at 10:32 AM, alphagev said:

Years ago it was pretty good for gaming too

My HP laptop was also best for high end gaming, but nowadays 😂 

It is because now games using high level of memory, graphic etc.

1 hour ago, digitalavinash said:

since 2011

1 hour ago, digitalavinash said:

Thinking to upgrade with gaming laptop. 🙂

You've certainly earned it, I hope you'll enjoy it a lot. But using the same device for ten years if possible, is very laudable 🌏💚

Archived