Sellers: What Computer Do You Use?

1 minute ago, theratypist said:

ready?

I saw , win11 already rollout. 
OS come OS goes, I'm not moving from win7 , I still have flash on my PC 😄 may be in 2030 I will update my OS.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, wp_kid said:

I love Win10 !! Just because of my PC I'm not adapting it, below 8 GB ram  win10 is not a good fit !! 

Ya UIwise and wrt ease of use it's great.. But I hate losing control of updates.. And I've had BSOD issues as well.. Have done a few tweaks here and there to fix those.. But stability wise I still love Win 7.. Fingers crossed, hoping the future has a stable OS in store for me lol

• Like 6

1 hour ago, surajkartha said:

besides the fact that my earlier response was dumb lol

I didn't think that at all, I found it very reasonable and zen. 😄 I'd have clicked this 👏 if it was for choice as reaction emoji.

But your second take is more interesting from the technological side of things, of course.

I used Sticky Notes for a while, when I first discovered them, but I used them irresponsibly, so I gave up on them again 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, theratypist said:

I have thought of going with Mac but I am so used to Windows 🙂 

You will find that when you send documents out in Windows formats, doc/docx, no one will ever have a problem with that. Send somepne a .pages file and they will most likely ask you to resnd as PDF or docx.  If you are doing photo or video editing Mac seems the preferred system, but if you are dealing in documents, it is still a Windows world. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I've got a 6 core i5 with 16 gigs of RAM. The graphics card from my previous rig died and nearly all components were 5 years old, so I decided to put a new one together as soon as I'd have a new GPU in my hands (I bought a new 1060 in April for 100€, which was/still is going for 300-400€, nearly 400-500 USD, due to the chip crisis).

• Like 9

This discussion is so good!! I'm super surprised by the love for Windows OS - coming from someone who is absolutely hooked on Mac, after having Windows for most of my life. So great to hear how everyone is getting on - from using retro computers with relatively week hardware, to i9 processors!

• Like 5

My main machine is a 27 inch 5k iMac with the RX580 and a 6 core i5, 24Gb ram. I also use a Mac mini m1, and a MacBook Pro.

In terms of software, FCPX and Apple Motion. I don't touch anything by adobe, ever.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 9

15 hours ago, newsmike said:

You will find that when you send documents out in Windows formats, doc/docx, no one will ever have a problem with that. Send somepne a .pages file and they will most likely ask you to resnd as PDF or docx.  If you are doing photo or video editing Mac seems the preferred system, but if you are dealing in documents, it is still a Windows world. 

When I got sent the first .pages file, I asked to resend in another format. When I got the the second one, I did some research and figured out a workaround to not have to ask - which, all in all, took me longer than the actual job. However, the idea, of course, was, figure out once, use forever after. Nobody sent a .pages file since, and if someone will, I'd have to figure it out again, because I forgot by now, so...

People do often send image files of their texts, though... If it's at least screenshots of printed text, that's kind of okay (but I don't like having to estimate word count), but sometimes, it's photographs of a handwritten text in light grey pencil on ruled off-white paper, you get the picture... 😅

Did you as a VO person ever get an image file to work with?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, miiila said:

Did you as a VO person ever get an image file to work with?

Yes, occasionally. Those are never fun. You have to estimate the word count. I usually ask for a resend as docx.  Sometimes I get it, sometimes not. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Yes, occasionally. Those are never fun. You have to estimate the word count. I usually ask for a resend as docx.  Sometimes I get it, sometimes not. 

Pro tip - on m1 Macs on Mac OS Monterey the photos app has intelligent text detection, that will transcribe any text on an image to editable text. Works incredibly well!

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, sumonlight said:

my computer

Interesting. Although, that doesn't look like the actual Windows logo, or font, on your computer screen. Is that a desktop image you created?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jonbaas said:

Is that a desktop image you created?

I would definitely question Microsoft if that was the new Windows 11 logo in what looks like a font close to Comic Sans. 😂

10 hours ago, sumonlight said:

I Love update windows 11

Did you receive the update already? It hasn't arrived for me yet!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I would definitely question Microsoft if that was the new Windows 11 logo in what looks like a font close to Comic Sans. 😂

I agree. That does not look like a font the real Microsoft would use to represent itself. That's not a professional-looking font, and I would expect Microsoft to use something clean and crisp, certainly not Comic Sans. That makes me wonder if the software certain people are claiming to be Windows 11, is actually not from Microsoft at all, but rather someone/company posing as Microsoft. I've heard that a limited beta version is out, however, I've been seeing too many people that I doubt would be given early access to a software, praising it's qualities. 

10 minutes ago, theratypist said:

It hasn't arrived for me yet!

Yeah, I've seen official reported statements indicating that Windows 11 isn't going out to the public until later this year -- at the earliest. It seems odd that so many people here on the Fiverr forums are claiming to already be using it.

That pictured "Windows 11" opening screen raises red flags for me. Just saying.

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 4

On 7/22/2021 at 5:47 PM, khalifacyrusuk said:

Hey!

What computer do you use to complete your Gig orders - and what software are you using?

I think it would be really interesting to see what people use and how they're finding it! This is not an advert for any software or brand!! 😄

For me: when I began in 2019, I used an old Dell laptop. I was lucky enough to invest my earnings in an iMac - and now Macbook Pro, which really improved my efficiency and delivery times! 

What about you?🥰

I am using Lenovo Legion Y545. I use Adobe Illustrator cc 2021 and Adobe Photoshop cc 2021 which works really smooth on my laptop. 

• Like 4

On 7/22/2021 at 6:44 AM, helenabester said:

This is fun!   I love my Lenovo Laptop - I only use Word and Excel, so I don't need anything fancy.   I also use Grammarly Pro and Copyscape every day. 

copyscape ??? I think this is my first time to hear this, I guess you're into writing or something related

• Like 2