Many of you say that you can not promote your Gig on social media but Fiverr say do it

Many of you say that you can not promote your Fiverr gig on social media. But Fiverr has asked to promote gig on social media. Why Fiverr say? Looking forward to your feedback and who knows how to do it the right way please tell me?

Thank you¬†ūü•į

Screenshot.png 1.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You can promote your gigs on social media targeting the right audience but you should not spam your gigs, that's all.

Is it helpful? I don't know, not a big fan of social media. You can try, if you wish to

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 1

Fiverr encourages you to promote your Gig on social media. 

This means, Fiverr encourages you to post the hyperlink to your Gig on your Twitter, Instagram, TikTok etc... This is totally OK!

However, you must do all communication through Fiverr. You should not encourage your Fiverr clients to contact you on social media for communication about orders/purchases - this should be kept on Fiverr. It's totally OK to chat to people on social media, or allow them to give you credit if they post your work on social media - but you should direct any prospective buyers/clients to your Fiverr Gig. 

I hope this has provided an answer ūüôā¬†

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, alphagev said:

You can promote your gigs on social media targeting the right audience but you should not spam your gigs, that's all.

Is it helpful? I don't know, not a big fan of social media. You can try, if you wish to

Thank you for comment 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, khalifacyrusuk said:

Fiverr encourages you to promote your Gig on social media. 

This means, Fiverr encourages you to post the hyperlink to your Gig on your Twitter, Instagram, TikTok etc... This is totally OK!

However, you must do all communication through Fiverr. You should not encourage your Fiverr clients to contact you on social media for communication about orders/purchases - this should be kept on Fiverr. It's totally OK to chat to people on social media, or allow them to give you credit if they post your work on social media - but you should direct any prospective buyers/clients to your Fiverr Gig. 

I hope this has provided an answer ūüôā¬†

You are right. Of course it must be done in Fiverr. But if you just share your gig , its spam. Do you know the correct rule ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, azimulhossan said:

I shaired my gig in social media regularly  but I didn’t receive order.

Also worth noting - sharing your Gig link on social media is worth doing. However, people on your social media following may not know about Fiverr - any very few people will actually need your service; social media isn't the first port of call for prospective buyers. Therefore, most of your clients will come direct to you, when they search Fiverr. It's worth advertising on social media - but it's not the most effective way. Instead, try Fiverr promoted Gigs.

• Like 2
  • Congrats! 1

1 minute ago, mdminhaz05 said:

You are right. Of course it must be done in Fiverr. But if you just share your gig , its spam. Do you know the correct rule ?

No, if you post the link to your Gig on social media - it is not spam. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, azimulhossan said:

I shaired my gig in social media regularly  but I didn’t receive order.

I think you just share your gig. But it is not correct away. It is spam. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, khalifacyrusuk said:

Also worth noting - sharing your Gig link on social media is worth doing. However, people on your social media following may not know about Fiverr - any very few people will actually need your service; social media isn't the first port of call for prospective buyers. Therefore, most of your clients will come direct to you, when they search Fiverr. It's worth advertising on social media - but it's not the most effective way. Instead, try Fiverr promoted Gigs.

How can I promote my gig in fiverr?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, khalifacyrusuk said:

yeah but my social friends are not my customer because majority they don't know what is this .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mdminhaz05 said:

But Fiverr has asked to promote gig on social media.

Of course they do, because that way you promote Fiverr.

33 minutes ago, mdminhaz05 said:

Many of you say that you can not promote your Fiverr gig on social media

Who said that you can't do it? I mean, you can do it, but if your target audience isn't on social media, it's pointless.

15 minutes ago, mdminhaz05 said:

But if you just share your gig , its spam.

Now that depends on where and how you share. For example, if you post your gig link as a reply to someone's tweet, it's definitely spamming (like grabbing a tourist and trying to sell them your goods, and the said tourist isn't interested in what you're selling and just wants you to leave them alone). If you just post your gig link on your social media profile(s), that's not spamming (though it's unlikely to bring you orders, unless your followers are people who need your services).

EDIT: Now I've noticed that you offer social media marketing. Aren't you supposed to know how to properly (without spamming) market something through social media?

Edited by catwriter
Thought of something
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Of course they do, because that way you promote Fiverr.

Who said that you can't do it? I mean, you can do it, but if your target audience isn't on social media, it's pointless.

Now that depends on where and how you share. For example, if you post your gig link as a reply to someone's tweet, it's definitely spamming (like grabbing a tourist and trying to sell them your goods, and the said tourist isn't interested in what you're selling and just wants you to leave them alone). If you just post your gig link on your social media profile(s), that's not spamming (though it's unlikely to bring you orders, unless your followers are people who need your services).

EDIT: Now I've noticed that you offer social media marketing. Aren't you supposed to know how to properly (without spamming) market something through social media?

DO you know the right way? how to do it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mdminhaz05 said:

@catwriter makes some really good points!

To promote your Gig without spamming on social media:

1. Do put your Gig link in your bio.

2. Do advertise your Gig by posting a tweet, story or post on any social media

3. Don't post on other people's profiles, Don't message other people randomly and Don't comment/reply with your link underneath other people's posts.

To promote your Gig within Fiverr - you can use the promoted Gigs option, however this is only open to certain sellers at the moment. More information here: https://www.fiverr.com/pages/promoted-gigs

• Like 2
  • Congrats! 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, khalifacyrusuk said:

@catwriter makes some really good points!

To promote your Gig without spamming on social media:

1. Do put your Gig link in your bio.

2. Do advertise your Gig by posting a tweet, story or post on any social media

3. Don't post on other people's profiles, Don't message other people randomly and Don't comment/reply with your link underneath other people's posts.

To promote your Gig within Fiverr - you can use the promoted Gigs option, however this is only open to certain sellers at the moment. More information here: https://www.fiverr.com/pages/promoted-gigs

Thank you for share the link but I see it long time ago. And I don't want paid camping . I wanted organic camping

Edited by mdminhaz05
edit

2 hours ago, mdminhaz05 said:

You claim to be a pro digital marketer. You're supposed to know how to do it. You should be able to teach us how to do it, not go asking how to market a business through social media.

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 1

3 minutes ago, salmansharif5 said:

what is the benefit?

If they are your target audience or you think they would likely need your services then there may be some benefit. But I would rather be more targeted at a certain demographic or certain profile of users. That would likely be more in the form of ads or posting / interacting in groups that allow you to interact with potential buyers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, salmansharif5 said:

what is the benefits shearing gig in social media if there's no audience I'm targeting

And that’s exactly the point: first you need to grow your target audience on your social media that you chose and then you can share your gig links on YOUR profiles to the audience that you already attracted. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

You claim to be a pro digital marketer. You're supposed to know how to do it. You should be able to teach us how to do it, not go asking how to market a business through social media.

See you are right. But I want to know more then I must tell you. Thank you for the nice comment ‚ėļÔłŹ

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

And that’s exactly the point: first you need to grow your target audience on your social media that you chose and then you can share your gig links on YOUR profiles to the audience that you already attracted. 

Thank you for coming up with a great idea. I'm working on it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theratypist said:

If they are your target audience or you think they would likely need your services then there may be some benefit. But I would rather be more targeted at a certain demographic or certain profile of users. That would likely be more in the form of ads or posting / interacting in groups that allow you to interact with potential buyers.

You have highlighted an in-depth information.

22 minutes ago, mdminhaz05 said:

See you are right. But I want to know more then I must tell you.

Just look at how some people grow their audience on Twitter very well. They learn the tricks on how to grow their Twitter, and they commonly are the ones who sell online courses to their audiences. The audience will definitely purchase because they like the free content said Twitter person already shares. However, the kind of campaign or social media platform to use would totally depend on your services and target audience....... So there is no definite answer on what platform and what method to use. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Just look at how some people grow their audience on Twitter very well. They learn the tricks on how to grow their Twitter, and they commonly are the ones who sell online courses to their audiences. The audience will definitely purchase because they like the free content said Twitter person already shares. However, the kind of campaign or social media platform to use would totally depend on your services and target audience....... So there is no definite answer on what platform and what method to use. 

All right. I understand. 

• Like 1