I'm not getting any orders... except when I do and it's too late to take them.

serchboogie

Something really annoying happened to me today. I opened my Fiverr profile like 1 and 1/2 years ago. I released my gig to an ocean of similar gigs, like a message in a bottle, like the voyager floating through space in hopes to find alien life in the infinite darkness of space. 6 months later I got my first gig, it all went great and then, my Fiverr went dark again.

As a Freelancer  you need to keep moving, you can't stay in one spot expecting people to come and offer job opportunities, you have to go out there and look for those juicy projects. And that's what I did, I made some good money throughout the year. I checked Fiverr from time to time, but I kinda gave up on the site, I was busy with other stuff so I forgot about this place.

Sadly work is scarce again, so I came to Fiverr to see if I can give my gigs another try, maybe update a few things and what I found was something really annoying. 5 messages, 5 potential orders I could have fulfilled no problem, all in the same month. Now that I need that money I can't get it because getting orders on Fiverr is like winning a small lottery.

I need to get those notifications on my cellphone now, can't let this happen to me again. 

Thanks for reading. Good luck out there. 

Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where seeing things from the platform's perspective can go a long way. It's natural for Fiverr to want Buyers to have a good experience on the platform. If Sellers aren't encouraged (or strong-armed) to respond and take on orders, then people won't want to spend their money here. Yes, it's a struggle to get your gig to appear on searches but it makes sense for Fiverr to put those who do actively use the platform forward, right? 🙂 

If you are interested in continuing to receive business from Fiverr or any platform, you need to have your eye on notifications. My wife has had much better success on another platform but, like you, she kept her Fiverr gigs active. After missing out on a few messages, her account has plummeted so she's had to pause her gigs. She's concluded that for her it doesn't make sense to multitask across platforms.

Some people manage to make it work, though. It all depends on your current working paradigm. If you are doing freelance full-time, it may be worth putting in the effort to grow accounts on multiple platforms when you find a lull in your incoming orders. 

These are my 2 cents. Not trying to sound condescending but if I did, feel free to yell at me 🙂 

15 hours ago, serchboogie said:

need to get those notifications on my cellphone now, can't let this happen to me again. 

It’s super easy: you just need to install fiverr app 😉 

you wouldn’t need to come online to check every day if you got any messages and just receive an app notification when someone will message you 

Archived