Do I lose rank for gig edit?

shohayebshihab

Question

8 answers to this question

There is no guarantee of impressions here on Fiverr. Impressions rise and fall, depending upon those who are searching Fiverr for services like yours. If your impressions are dropping at any given time, that means that either fewer people are searching for your gigs, or your gig performance (the metrics YOU can control) are dropping, and the search algorithm thinks your gig is less likely to be a good match for buyers.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

It will depend. Generally speaking, when you edit a gig it's to improve it in some way. Generally speaking, a better gig will, over time, generate more impressions, clicks and orders. So, on average, if you edit a gig to improve it, your impressions should go up over time. It may dip temporarily, of course (gig rotation, demand seasonality, etc.), what matters is the long run. If you think you can make something better, it's always good business to do so.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 7:46 AM, shohayebshihab said:

I have edited my gig description and package details. And later on my gig impression are declining. What is the actual cause of this occurring?

Its generally due to gig rotation not due to any editing (until you make major changes like title keywords etc). Have patience keep optimizing your gig to make it more cost effective as well as attractive until you get a good rank again. Please make sure to wait few days after every modification you make to compare the results.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jonbaas said:

There is no guarantee of impressions here on Fiverr. Impressions rise and fall, depending upon those who are searching Fiverr for services like yours. If your impressions are dropping at any given time, that means that either fewer people are searching for your gigs, or your gig performance (the metrics YOU can control) are dropping, and the search algorithm thinks your gig is less likely to be a good match for buyers.

what about gig rotation? Do I lose my position that was before edit?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1