Script Opinions.

kevinmearsva

Hey, today is my first day on the forum! 

I plan on adding an introductory video to my voiceover gigs. This is the script so far and am looking for feedback on it.

"Welcome friends, I’m Kevin and I think we can make something special.

I will read your scripts with passion and poise.

If you have an idea in mind for how your words are read, I am as happy to deliver that read to you as you are to receive it. 

Work with me and I know it will be a work of art.

Thank you."

I find it a bit pompous. I'd definitely take out the "Work with me and I know it will be a work of art."

I don't know if it's just wishful thinking, or we have very different definitions of art, but most work sellers on Fiverr end up doing is definitely not it. Also, art is inherently subjective. And subjectivity is something you should run away from as fast as possible when dealing with work that is paid per project, subject to revisions, and that allows the client to leave a review. Just that last point alone - if the client is leaving a review, it's not art. An artist wouldn't want or accept that. Just imagine Picasso worrying about a 4 star review, it's laughable.

Sellers are not here for the art, they're here to deliver competent services. Very different concept.

12 minutes ago, kevinmearsva said:

Hey, today is my first day on the forum! 

I plan on adding an introductory video to my voiceover gigs. This is the script so far and am looking for feedback on it.

"Welcome friends, I’m Kevin and I think we can make something special.

I will read your scripts with passion and poise.

If you have an idea in mind for how your words are read, I am as happy to deliver that read to you as you are to receive it. 

Work with me and I know it will be a work of art.

Thank you."

Welcome on Fiverr forum 

Archived