Sales went down -90% in the last three months

all4tech

Question

Hi guys. 

I'm opening this thread because I'm really concerned what's going on with Fiverr. 

Last year during the Covid lock downs I thought there will be huge sales reduction, but I was wrong. Everything was fine. But this year it happened what I was expecting to happen last year. 

In the past 3 months sales went down even to -90%, which is devastating. From 30 to 50 orders a month, I came to barely 5-7 orders a month. 

And it's not just me. I've been talking to my friends and colleagues who are experiencing the same thing. It's really strange. 

I also know that Fiverr platform constantly have some maintenance, which affect on the searching algorithm and sometimes sales can go down. 

But what's really happening? Why sales are reduced so much?

Any experiences to share? Any thoughts? How are your sales going? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

4 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, all4tech said:

I also know that Fiverr platform constantly have some maintenance, which affect on the searching algorithm and sometimes sales can go down. 

Never heard or saw those maintenances. It does happen but veeeeery rare and it’s the whole website that is down but it doesn’t affect search algorithm.

Unfortunately this happens and not only in fiverr, less/more clients, less or more exposure from fiverr, less or more advertising from fiverr etc. Search results are not static and if last year you were shown more it might happen that this year there are other sellers that are performing better than you and fiverr is giving them priority spot over yours. 

• Like 8

Same thing is happening right now on my end!!! 
Almost 9 years on Fiverr and after becoming Top rated in 2019 sales became 3-4 times more than earlier. I got used to it and 2 years there were almost 0 downs in my sales, only - ups. Especially in pandemic year there was plenty of projects and I even hadn’t time to sleep or eat! But when 2022 started - everything started dropping down and down and down endlessly! Without any warning, any cancellations, any delays or anything else! Sales got dropped just for NOTHING!!! It’s happening from January and now in June I’m facing the same problem! 
Did you get any answer on this question??? Is there anything I can do to solve this dropping somehow???

Any answer will be much appreciated!!!

L.K.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Never heard or saw those maintenances. It does happen but veeeeery rare and it’s the whole website that is down but it doesn’t affect search algorithm.

Unfortunately this happens and not only in fiverr, less/more clients, less or more exposure from fiverr, less or more advertising from fiverr etc. Search results are not static and if last year you were shown more it might happen that this year there are other sellers that are performing better than you and fiverr is giving them priority spot over yours. 

I never only talk, without any facts. The main fact is that I'm on Fiverr for more than 6 years now. During this period yes, there were ups and downs and not always we'll have constantly orders. That's all right. What I've mentioned is based on the experience from the past 6 years. 

When I say NEVER EVER, I really mean, NEVER EVER had such order deficit. It's not only about the last year, it's in general. 

As for the maintenance... it happens really often actually. And unfortunately NOT all users experience that. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's because sometimes there's something going on only on particular GIG categories and not all of us have GIGs in the same category. Here's an example. 2 weeks ago, my friend called me and asked, I'm I able to use the Fiverr platform via Browser or APP. I checked and everything was fine. He said, I can't use it for 5 hours now and he had maintenance notification. 

How do you know if the maintenance is not affecting on the search algorithm? Do you work in Fiverr? Are you familiar with all of the procedure? I guess no... 

If they're doing some rearrangements to the categories, I bet there will be some effects on the searching algorithm. Like year and a half ago, when they reorganized some of the GIG's categories and it was a real mess. Not having orders in weeks, until everything got back to normal. 

So I really, really don't appreciate such comments, just to find something to talk about and saying that maybe some other sellers have better GIGs and that's why sales went down. No. Something is happening. The same friend who asked me about the Fiverr maintenance, is facing the same problem. Not having neither ONE order in weeks! He have even more GIGs than me. He had constantly orders. That's why I posted this topic here, to hear experiences and to exchange opinions with other sellers.  

I really would love to hear some constructive thinking, exchanging experiences, not only to make ourselves smart ones. 

I'm more than 6 years on Fiverr, had more than 2500 orders. I know what exactly and when to expect from Fiverr. Except this right now what's going on. 

For example, if you block buyer, you'll be held back for a while, even thought there's nowhere explanation about this. But the experience have show exactly how this "algorithm" works. 

Edited by all4tech
spelling
  • Like 7