Profile Picture

soundfxfree

I don’t want to reveal my identity through the profile picture. However, I am worried that using a logo makes me look unprofessional, which might prevent potential buyers from purchasing anything expensive in the future. What are your thoughts on this? Do buyers really care about your profile picture? Can I provide expensive gigs and get away with it without ever revealing my identity?

No issues with logos. Mine's not even a logo, really... just an odd tree. I'm quite successful here. Of course, you want to make your best impression. Does my tree do that? Perhaps not, but it's branding at this point. Some buyers may prefer working with a 'face.' Others may prefer a professional logo as it seems more like a business than some random person.

Maybe someone's done a study about it. I don't find it a problem at all.

14 hours ago, soundfxfree said:

I don’t want to reveal my identity through the profile picture. However, I am worried that using a logo makes me look unprofessional, which might prevent potential buyers from purchasing anything expensive in the future. What are your thoughts on this? Do buyers really care about your profile picture? Can I provide expensive gigs and get away with it without ever revealing my identity?

I feel it is a personally preference.  A lot of people use their company logo.  There are no rights or wrongs.

14 hours ago, soundfxfree said:

In my opinion you can use a professional quality picture of yourself. Because a buyer may wonder if you can do his job in a professional way. If you want to hide your identity, you can use a logo according to your category.

On 7/31/2019 at 1:36 PM, bashir_expert1 said:

Hello Everyone,
I have an issue. Fiverr Notification Sound isn’t Working on Google Chrome Browser. But working on other browsers. How can I solve it?

I agree with you about this. I have been filling this issue for quite some time now. Notification sound not working google chrome but this problem not another browser This is a big problem. I aspect that this problem need to solve immediately. 

In my opinion that won't cause too much issue. What matters is what you deliver and if the buyer likes what you deliver. If both of these are met perfectly, you should focus more on the deliverables rather than other things. This was my personal opinion and I follow this. 

My only opinion on this is that the type of image you use (a company logo or a picture of yourself) should be reflected in your gig listings. If your gig listings are written from the first person perspective and in themselves are quite personal 'I offer professional services' 'I can create...' that sort of thing, then a profile picture works well. If your profile is indeed a bit more of a 'business' ie. it has an obvious business name or uses a company logo, I'd write my gigs for the company. For example : 

'At *COMPANY NAME* we offer high-quality...'

'*COMPANY NAME* is dedicated to delivering professional...' 

An alternative you combine the two and be something like 'Hi, I'm *YOUR NAME* from *COMPANY NAME* and I can create...*

Archived